Captain Carl Comes Home

Britcruiser

Great interview with Captain Carl off Douglas in the Isle of Man and the sun is shining! See Manx.net - Captain Carl comes home.

Nice to see Captain Carl brought the sun back to Douglas also interesting to hear he plied his trade with the Steam Packet Co.

Great interview with Captain Carl off Douglas in the Isle of Man and the sun is shining! See Manx.net - Captain Carl comes home.

Hi Diane,

How are you both? Thanks for sharing this video of my favourite Captain. :)

Hope to meet up with you on Quest again soon.

X

Lottie

At around 6:30pm, there was a formal ceremony (well, as formal as anything gets on the Quest) commemorating the Quest's first call at the Isle of Man. Plaques were exchanged, pictures were taken with local dignitaries, and there were some short speeches. (This is usual for a ship's first call at a port.)

And then, as they were finishing, an adorable little blond boy ran up to Captain Carl calling "Daddy Daddy". (Carl's wife and three sons were onboard for the day.) Quite charming.

It was a lovely end to an exciting cruise.

Hi Diane,

How are you both? Thanks for sharing this video of my favourite Captain. :)

Hope to meet up with you on Quest again soon.

X

Lottie

Hi Lottie it would have been great to have been there at the Isle of Man we have to wait until October - not your sailing unfortunately. Hope to meet again. Has Hazel recovered from Wimbledon yet? Diane x

Hi Lottie it would have been great to have been there at the Isle of Man we have to wait until October - not your sailing unfortunately. Hope to meet again. Has Hazel recovered from Wimbledon yet? Diane x

Diane, I think she may have been quite traumatised when Rafa left the competition! :D

I was on a Silversea cruise during Wimbledon so I missed most of her suffering.

I have posted a thread with a link to the Facebook page with Captain Carl's Homecoming pics. It looks like they had a lot of fun.

Hi Diane,

I found Rafa's defeat so distressing I had to flee the country.

Seriously have just got back from a lovely trip to the U S and am now looking forward to our Equinox cruise next month.

Hope all well with you. Please say hello to Alan from me.

Hazel

We were on Captain Carl Smith's second Antarctica voyage aboard the Azamara Journey with his wife and then 2 year old son. He was the best captain we've ever had. It appears he is now on the Quest. Is there a way to find out which future voyages he will captain? When making our future cruise plans, it would influence our choice.

We were on Captain Carl Smith's second Antarctica voyage aboard the Azamara Journey with his wife and then 2 year old son. He was the best captain we've ever had. It appears he is now on the Quest. Is there a way to find out which future voyages he will captain? When making our future cruise plans, it would influence our choice.

If you look at the Captain/Hotel Directors/Cruise Directors (Updated Through July 2013) thread just a few threads below this one, you will see how difficult it would be to do so because Bill Leiber just yesterday posted Captain's information for Quest's cruises starting with its August 7 cruise through the end of October 2013 only, with "TBD" as Captain after that date.

Archived