Computer virus warning on Holland website

quack2

I also just tried the HAL site and got no warning for the first time in days. :) Interestingly Seabourn was having trouble, though a not a virus warning, at the same time the HAL site was having issues. That seems to be fixed also.

Folks, it seems that the crisis has passed. But for future reference, understand that having an antivirus is no guarantee of safety. I've noticed that some had been saying that they weren't getting warnings when using Microsoft Security Essentials. What they probably weren't aware of is that Microsoft Security Essentials and McAfee have recently failed security certifications (click on the link (underlined words) to read the article). Always practice safe computing.

I miss paper.

My husband and I were just talking about the good old days when we used to go to different travel agencies - mostly American Express - and get all kinds of colorful brochures and dream, plan our next vacation. Now we have so many websites with real pictures and real reviews to make a educated decision...

CT

I also got the warning. Two days later I got the ICE virus which was terrible to remove. Costs $200 to fix. I'm sure that where it came from. Norton didn't catch it. be forwarned.

Same here - AVG got it the first time, but second time it missed it. After 2 days of working on it, it seems o be OK now, but yesterday the virus tried again as a Trojen Horse (when I loaded the Internet and again when I loaded Word) but AVG caught it these two times. Just be aware, it may still be hiding out on your computer!

DaveOKC

I am still afraid to check the page - what does it say?

It's on Cruise Critic at the top of the HAL section of the boards, not on HAL's official site. The sticky basically says there was an issue and it has been fixed. :)

I'm glad they got it. They should put TheEmerson on retainer I think:)

I downloaded a Kapersky trial and ran it. No malware or viruses were found. I'm imagining my escaping this issue does have to do with using an ad blocker. I'll stick with Microsoft Essentials for the time being.

I downloaded a Kapersky trial and ran it. No malware or viruses were found. I'm imagining my escaping this issue does have to do with using an ad blocker. I'll stick with Microsoft Essentials for the time being.

I think that sticking with Microsoft Security Essentials might give you a false sense of security, considering that it just failed its security certification (see post #104). If you want to stick with a free AV, use Avast.

I think that sticking with Microsoft Security Essentials might give you a false sense of security, considering that it just failed its security certification (see post #104). If you want to stick with a free AV, use Avast.

I agree....I use Avast combined with Threatfire and it seemed to work by blocking the malware/virus on the site. Have been using Avast for a few years and it seems to be working quite well.......IMHO.

I also got a warning on HAL site. Also got the cyber crime computer freeze asking for $300. I'm sure many others got it as well. Couldn't remove, so had to pay to get my computer up and running. Good luck to all

I got this virus from the HAL website and was able to remove it. Somewhat difficult, but can be done. Be sure to remove it with anti-malware. If you did pay it may be a temporary fix. Check out this link.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ice-cyber-crime-center-removal/#safemode

Be sure to remove this Virus!!

I'm glad they got it. They should put TheEmerson on retainer I think:)

They could not afford me or my last HAL drink tab.

Archived