Computer virus warning on Holland website

quack2

A E-mail from our Hal PCC stated they are vigorously working to correct the problem.

We were exchanging E-mails on future booking and had mentioned our concerns.

Thanks for relaying this info Chief. So I guess they now have our attention as to the problem with the website and they are working to correct it........good news!!

I'm using Safari on a Mac and got no warnings, but when I select a category to look at available rooms I get a message from Hal that bookings can not be completed online and to call. Don't know if this is something related to the virus or another glitch.

Perhaps this means that HAL is working on the problem.....good news.

It isnt just on the HAL website. As far as I know in any event...yesterday

I opened a Princess Cruises email and entered for more details on the "sale".It looked just like any other Princess email I have ever gotten. But.. It took me to the HAL site?? I could tell the different look but before I could do anything else the virus hit and locked me out completely. My computer filled with a screen that said I committed a Cyber Crime and I had to pay a fine to get my computer unlocked!

So watch your emails as well.

I was just over at the Seabourn board and they're reporting issues also. Sounds like Carnival Corp is having a host of computer issues. The problems may or may not be related but interesting they're all happening at the same time.

I got the actual virus, and I also have Kapersky. It says it's a Trojan malware........been trying to delete it for two days. Totally ignorant about software and how to process it:(

Maybe you could go to a set backup date. Pick a date before you encountered the bug.

Yup. I checked this morning. HAL site is infected again. links to makeucrazy.com, selfip.com, rocketadmedia.com, 51yes, cnzz.com are all back. Since this keeps coming back I have an idea how it is being done, but will not state publicly. As it does reference China and now Romania it is a good bet this will take a while. For now I would not recommend anyone use the site.

It isnt just on the HAL website. As far as I know in any event...yesterday

I opened a Princess Cruises email and entered for more details on the "sale".It looked just like any other Princess email I have ever gotten. But.. It took me to the HAL site?? I could tell the different look but before I could do anything else the virus hit and locked me out completely. My computer filled with a screen that said I committed a Cyber Crime and I had to pay a fine to get my computer unlocked!

So watch your emails as well.

That is a nasty one. It takes me about an hour to fully clean one that has been it. If you had a camera on your computer it also takes a photo. The photo goes nowhere. They just want you to use GreenDot to send them money. Any good computer person should be able to clean it out with the right tools and knowledge of system internals.

I've been receiving this warning from Norton since Friday. It does not happen when I use my ipad. My computer is using Microsoft 7. Coincidentally, I just received a phone call from 202-202-1234. It is a scam, telling me my computer is sending bad information to Microsoft and that I should let them access my computer to fix the problem. I'm not gullible enough to believe them. Is it a coincidence, or are the two connected in some way?

I've been receiving this warning from Norton since Friday. It does not happen when I use my ipad. My computer is using Microsoft 7. Coincidentally, I just received a phone call from 202-202-1234. It is a scam, telling me my computer is sending bad information to Microsoft and that I should let them access my computer to fix the problem. I'm not gullible enough to believe them. Is it a coincidence, or are the two connected in some way?

No, the company calling you about them receiving a message from your computer is a totally separate scam. They have absolutely no way to get any information from your computer and regardless of what they say they have no connection with Microsoft. My 89 year old mother got a call from them about six months before she passed last year and called me because she was very concerned about the call......she didn't have a computer so how could it be broken? :)

Maybe you could go to a set backup date. Pick a date before you encountered the bug.

Thank you but the delete fixed it! I printed a itinery map from HAL's sight on Friday...........won't be going there again:confused:

Thanks for the info, since my cruise isn't till Oct I'll stay away from Holland site for awhile.

Norton didn't pop up. The HAL Web Site is now okay. They fixed the problem. Must have been a very vicious virus since it took them almost 10 hours to fix.

Has anyone spoken to HAL about this?

Yes, and that has been reported several times through each of the threads. I believe that is why their site was down for maintenance - since which time, I no longer get the warning.

Archived