Princess cancelled our Anniversary Cruise!!

SkiCruiser

TA notified me today that the cruise I booked on Monday for our 40th Anniversary was cancelled! The notice received said "We regret to advise you that due to deployment changes, Grand Princess voyage A437, departing November 4, 2014, has been cancelled.":mad::mad::mad: This just sucks!!!

Does anybody out there really know what happened? I guess this is destiny, I also found out today that I have a ACL tear!

Cheryl

Deployment changes usually means they are moving the ship to a different region..

There is a good likelyhood another ship may be moved into that slot, depending on the itinerary. Were you set on the Grand?

TA notified me today that the cruise I booked on Monday for our 40th Anniversary was cancelled! The notice received said "We regret to advise you that due to deployment changes, Grand Princess voyage A437, departing November 4, 2014, has been cancelled.":mad::mad::mad: This just sucks!!!

Does anybody out there really know what happened? I guess this is destiny, I also found out today that I have a ACL tear!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl...

So sorry to learn your cruise was cancelled. I hope you are able to find another cruise that works for you.

Anyway...congratulations on your upcoming 40th anniversary! I have a feeling you'll enjoy whatever you do to celebrate.

Lew

PS You probably didn't know, but a cancelled anniversary cruise is very good luck. :rolleyes:

Cheryl

Cheryl;

Sorry to hear your cruise got cancelled. Hopefully you will be able to find a replacement voyage to so you can celebrate your special day. Also wishing you a speedy recovery from your ACL tear. We just found out last week that DW has a torn meniscus that could endanger our October cruise on the Royal. We have an Ortho appointment on the 9th to find out more.....

Bob

Cheryl;

Sorry to hear your cruise got cancelled. Hopefully you will be able to find a replacement voyage to so you can celebrate your special day. Also wishing you a speedy recovery from your ACL tear. We just found out last week that DW has a torn meniscus that could endanger our October cruise on the Royal. We have an Ortho appointment on the 9th to find out more.....

Bob

Bob, sending good thoughts to you and Holli. Phil and I hope all is well, we know just how much you've been looking forward to your cruise. :(

Cheryl;

Bob

Bob

Have followed along the Royal Maiden Passage roll call. I was on that cruise but cancelled. Sorry to hear about your DW possible problems. Hope it doesn't interfere with the cruise. Good luck with the doc appt and pls report back.

To the OP: sorry about your canceled cruise. I too had princess cancel the WC on the Pacific for our 50th. I was bummed - but there are other cruises. Good luck in searching and booking one to celebrate your 40th. Congratulations and many more!!

Kathleen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was booked on one of the cancelled star princess cruises...the notification said that we could roll over to another cruise on the same ship from October to spring. Sounds like a schedule shuffle...

Just curious, but is there a general idea of the amount of time prior to a sailing after which a cruise lines will not cancel a cruise for non emergency reasons (e.g. 6 months, 9 months, etc.)?
Shortest time I've ever experienced was three weeks before a Christmas cruise. It was the Coral and we'd booked her 2nd cruise following her first transit to the US. Turns out she wasn't completed on time. The first cruise was canceled which meant we would have been on her maiden cruise. Then, ours was canceled. Found out here in CC a full week before the notice from Princess which came just two weeks before sailing. It being over Christmas, we had our air all booked. What a mess. Managed to find another cruise (Explorer of the Seas) but had to cancel and rebook flights at a usurious cost. Princess refunded the cost of the cruise within three days.

Shortest time I've ever experienced was three weeks before a Christmas cruise. It was the Coral and we'd booked her 2nd cruise following her first transit to the US. Turns out she wasn't completed on time. The first cruise was canceled which meant we would have been on her maiden cruise. Then, ours was canceled. Found out here in CC a full week before the notice from Princess which came just two weeks before sailing. It being over Christmas, we had our air all booked. What a mess. Managed to find another cruise (Explorer of the Seas) but had to cancel and rebook flights at a usurious cost. Princess refunded the cost of the cruise within three days.

WOW...that is short notice. I assume the passenger contract allows them to do this without any liability for non-refundable collateral costs (e.g. flights and hotels)? I guess that's what travel insurance is for.

Star had 10 voyages scheduled. It appears four have been cancelled.

10/5/14 10/30/15 1/28/15 2/12/15

Grand had 11 voyages scheduled. It appears five have been cancelled.

10/20/14 11/4/14 1/3/15 1/18/15 3/19/15

Cheryl;

Bob

Bob,

Just an FYI... I have had surgery for three miniscus tears and the last two were amazing recoveries--I didn't even need physical therapy! Have her avoid stairs and see if injections are an option to get her thru cruise. Try Euflexxa or Synvisc injections. I prefer Euflexxa they tend to work for 6 months.

Good luck

Maria ----NJ

Archived