Can I get away with this?

mykidsrock76

What's your comfort zone.

You bought for a reason.

What the heck, wear it, you can always take it off.

Besides, you will never see those people again, and you may get to see yourself on You tube.

No, really, no pun intended.

I would do it and if It got awkward (sp) take it off.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

LOL - thanks! I'm not sweating the tattoo - it's my 5th one, but 1st large one. I've actually been buying backless dresses just so I can show it off on my upcoming cruise. ;)

A tattoo AND the headpiece? Scandalous! True ladies will be shocked to the point of fainting, I would imagine. :D

Celebrate the large tattoo. I love them and have a "few". Those alone usually get me some looks, but I'm used to it by now. I also tend to buy clothes that display my cross, but why not?!? Luckily I have a job that I can get away with it.

What's your comfort zone.

You bought for a reason.

What the heck, wear it, you can always take it off.

Besides, you will never see those people again, and you may get to see yourself on You tube.

No, really, no pun intended.

I would do it and if It got awkward (sp) take it off.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

Yes I bought it because it was different. But also because it was pretty and eye catching. My hubby calls me his Grecian goddess. Love him!

If I start to feel uncomfortable, I can simply lift it off. The lady that made it for me said she wore one on a cruise and was a hit... we shall see!

Actually saw one of these headpieces in person last night at the Los Angeles County Fair. The gal was dressed normal for the fair- jeans and a t-shirt. I was the only one staring at her because I wanted to check it out.

Wear it proudly.

Actually saw one of these headpieces in person last night at the Los Angeles County Fair. The gal was dressed normal for the fair- jeans and a t-shirt. I was the only one staring at her because I wanted to check it out.

Wear it proudly.

There are so many new and interesting things out now for hair. Very cool that you saw one.

I can guarantee you that I won't be wearing it with jeans and a T-shirt for elegant night.... that's a whole other thread here on CC! ;)

You want to wear your headpiece, wear it.

I've so gotten to the point, I don't care whatever anyone else wears, looks like, eats or doesn't eat, drinks or doesn't drink, dances or doesn't dance or whatever.......

I ONLY care when it impact someone else's enjoyment, health and/or safety. If you aren't making a rukkus, aren't endangering someone else, aren't being totally disgusting......

Go for it and have fun.

JMO.....

What Sail said!

Frankly, at 60 (okay, 61 in another 22 days) I would wear it if it complimented my dress. Really, when we dress up for an elegant night on a cruise, aren't we all putting on a costume, something we never wear in "real" life?

Go for it, rock it, and enjoy. If I saw you on my cruise, and found myself staring, it would be with a smile on my face, enjoying that you like to color outside the lines.

I say wear it! I LOVE It! If you can work your hair just right, it sounds really beautiful with your Grecian dress. I think you will get head turns, but in a good way- like "wow, thats really beautiful, she looks like a Grecian Goddess". If you do it right and don't overkill I don't think it will look costumey, BUT you will be a bit much for Carnival. I think if you do it right it can look chic and elegant, maybe like you are going to the Oscars. This headpiece is a great idea- good luck with your hair- I'm too lazy to do fancy hair myself.

I've seen many comments on this thread alluding that you are "trying to get attention"- really??!?! If it makes you feel beautiful and is appropriate then do it for you. I am wearing a cheongsam (I have attached a similar pic- but mines is in black with a different oriental print) on one of my elegant nights- I am a black woman and I will put my hair in a sleek up-do with a large bun, shiny red lipstick, and black heels. I will feel modern, beautiful, chic, and I will turn a lot of heads but I think mostly in a good way. I am not wearing it to "show-off" or to be a conversation piece- I am wearing it for myself. I'm not showing my behind like the chain mail lady, and I will be appropriate. I've worn it before on an elegant dinner cruise with my husband and I wanted to wear it again, so I said what the hell, why not.. I don't buy my clothes to please others, and even if it is a bit "much" for Carnival oh well, I like what I like.

Cheongsam.jpg.f906e9abb0c2d249d24e514eb9bd0d23.jpg

If you like it wear it. I will let you know on Carnival people barely leave there shorts behind for dinner. I always get very dressed up so a lot of people look at me on Carnival but who cares. Have fun hold your head up high and let your DH admire is wife. Your vacation is for you and your hubby!! Please join our other thread. Carb. Fashionistas we would all love to see pics.

I love it! The only comment I have is it may look a little "too" trendy for your age but sounds like you have it planned to go with a very sophisticated dress. I love the whole Grecian vibe. DD even went with a Grecian look for prom and it was gorgeous. I'm 39 and used to wear ALL of the trends each season as a bonafide fashionista (before that term was even popular) up until a few years ago. Now I look for more classic pieces and go for more sophisticated and understated clothing. Never thought I'd get there but my DD is 17 and I can't dress the same as she does.

But ROCK IT and have fun. It is a cruise and most people aren't very fashion conscious from what I witnessed, especially on Carnival. DD and I were overdressed on both elegant nights but we didn't care because we looked fantastic. We also had the Dream professional photos done (not the ones with the background) and we looked like models in them.

If you like it wear it. I will let you know on Carnival people barely leave there shorts behind for dinner. I always get very dressed up so a lot of people look at me on Carnival but who cares. Have fun hold your head up high and let your DH admire is wife. Your vacation is for you and your hubby!! Please join our other thread. Carb. Fashionistas we would all love to see pics.

I just got off a 4 day carnival and did not pack any of my long formals and tons of people were dressed in them.I was pleased to see so many dressed so nicely. The under dressed people were very apparent.

And for heavens sake, OP, wear it if you like it. People will stare at people all day. Dress to make yourself feel great. Not your husband, not your mom and certainly not some strangers on a cruise ship. If you're going to feel self conscience don't wear it bc you'll take away from the fun of dressing up and enjoying dinner.

I say go for it! You like it, your husband likes it, it's not an indecent item of apparel...why not wear it?

As for some of the posts on this thread...there are some people on CC (just as there are on other sites), who seem to think that their posts make them sound classy and/or intelligent, and who think their advice is worth taking, when in fact their posts just make them sound judgemental and/or condescending and/or insecure and/or sanctimonious. It's amazing how blind some people can be about the impression they're leaving with others!

• 10 months later...

I love that you are standing up for yourself against the "haters". I have a problem with people who are close-minded and especially with people who think they have the right to dictate what's "classy" and what's not.

I would definitely wear it! I'm 67 and I'm about to rock a pair of black harem pants on my 3-dayer to Mexico this coming weekend (think MC Hammer). LOL! Do you think I care a rat's butt what anyone will think of my pants...that would be a big "NO!" I love to play with clothes and even though I'm in my 60s I do often wear trendy clothes. I just tailor my outfits to what I think is age appropriate for me and what I and not others think. I mean come on...we only live once...unless you believe otherwise!;)

I too get complimented on my fashion style a lot. I get a lot of, "Only you could get away with that outfit and look still look great." But, I also sometimes get, "WTH is she thinking?" kind of looks. Who cares??? Not me. My all time favorite compliment just came several days ago when my 19 yr.-old DS...yes he was born when I was 48...and is my only child. He said, "Mom, I love it that you are more in style than most of my other friend's moms who are way younger than you. You have great style mom." And that folks, says it all for me.

So ladies let your freak flag fly if that's your thing or go as conservative as you want. I live by these words from the song by Sly Stone..."Different Strokes for Different Folks...and so on and so on."

Having said all this, I do always follow the dress codes for wherever I plan to be. It's not my desire to disrespect dress codes. But I always do my own thing while staying within whatever said dress code is.;)

So just have fun and post some pics when you return. I hope you and the hubby have an awesome cruise!

Edited by mousey

I love that you are standing up for yourself against the "haters". I have a problem with people who are close-minded and especially with people who think they have the right to dictate what's "classy" and what's not.

I would definitely wear it! I'm 67 and I'm about to rock a pair of black harem pants on my 3-dayer to Mexico this coming weekend (think MC Hammer). LOL! Do you think I care a rat's butt what anyone will think of my pants...that would be a big "NO!" I love to play with clothes and even though I'm in my 60s I do often wear trendy clothes. I just tailor my outfits to what I think is age appropriate for me and what I and not others think. I mean come on...we only live once...unless you believe otherwise!;)

I too get complimented on my fashion style a lot. I get a lot of, "Only you could get away with that outfit and look still look great." But, I also sometimes get, "WTH is she thinking?" kind of looks. Who cares??? Not me. My all time favorite compliment just came several days ago when my 19 yr.-old DS...yes he was born when I was 48...and is my only child. He said, "Mom, I love it that you are more in style than most of my other friend's moms who are way younger than you. You have great style mom." And that folks, says it all for me.

So ladies let your freak flag fly if that's your thing or go as conservative as you want. I live by these words from the song by Sly Stone..."Different Strokes for Different Folks...and so on and so on."

Having said all this, I do always follow the dress codes for wherever I plan to be. It's not my desire to disrespect dress codes. But I always do my own thing while staying within whatever said dress code is.;)

So just have fun and post some pics when you return. I hope you and the hubby have an awesome cruise!

I think you and I would become great fashion friends if we ever met! I just recently wore my harem Hammer Time pants to a Paul McCartney concert. I love those pants.

I think you and I would become great fashion friends if we ever met! I just recently wore my harem Hammer Time pants to a Paul McCartney concert. I love those pants.

All right! I think they are so comfortable. I'm dying to hear what the DH and DS (a male version of a fashonista...he learned from me all our friends and the DH say...LOL) have to say about them. I think the DH will think they're crazy and give me a WTH look and the DS will either think they're :cool: or think I'm nuts. I'll come back here at let you know what their reaction was. I don't care what anyone else on the ship thinks though. LOL!:D

Only 2 more days til we sail! Yea!:D

Edited by mousey

My opinion? It looks like something you'd wear if you're in costume at one of those Renaissance Fairs. But who cares what I think, as this thread was started a year ago and the OP has long since cruised.

And PLEASE, stop using the term "haters". Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours doesn't mean they're hating. It's a very strong word with very nasty and negative connotations. I just don't understand why someone, somewhere not on these boards, started using the term haters just because you're in a opposite camp with an opinion.

Edited by kitty9

And PLEASE, stop using the term "haters". Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours doesn't mean they're hating. It's a very strong word with very nasty and negative connotations. I just don't understand why someone, somewhere not on these boards, started using the term haters just because you're in a opposite camp with an opinion.

I agree :)

See so much of this on Facebook - especially amongst young women.

I agree :)

See so much of this on Facebook - especially amongst young women.

Janine, it's everywhere. You can't go on any kind of a site, express your opinion on something or someone without having that "haters" word tossed out. Just because I don't like a particular entertainer, and I express that opinion, you'll always get "you're nothing but a hater" or the other popular term "you're just jealous". Drives me batty. Just because some people here didn't particularly care for the clothing item the OP was thinking of wearing, and BTW she did ask for everyone's opinions, they're called haters. I just totally dislike that term.

The woman who dresses to fit in with others but carries herself with self-confidence is the woman with class and who will stand out for that, rather than just standing out.

This is a cruise, not a meeting with the queen! By all means, wear the head piece and revel in the fact that you have the self-confidence to pull it off and a husband who support you! And by the way, I am 60 years old and I admire the op - you go for it girl!