Has Princess cut me off?

whiterose

Since we came back from our April cruise on the Star, I have not received one single email or snailmail offer from Princess. When I go on My Princess and click on Special Deals I get a blank space. I checked and they still have the correct address and email information and I still show that I'm willing to receive offers by phone, email or mail. Before our cruise I got offers on a regular basis and I still get tons of mail from Holland America.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I suspect Princess does not want us back and that hurts after 22 cruises with them. I gave the Star 28 day cruise a very good review except for access for passengers with hearing loss. I was upset that I could not watch TV for 28 days because virtually all of the programs were not closed captioned.

It's been 3 months and still no response to my two emails to the Access Department and now two weeks since I emailed Customer Relations about the same thing.

What do you think?

The amount pf Princess offers has gone down drastically in the last 6 months . I used to get something monthly but now every two months . On the other hand I get something almost weekly from HAL. I suspect that Princess isn't have any trouble with unsold cabins at this time , therefore fewer sales.

Do you have another cruise booked?

I don't and I get probably 2 emails a week and snail mail every week. I think a lot has to do if you have another cruise booked or not.

As far as response to your email, you will have better luck by sending a real letter. They usually respond to those within 6-8 weeks.

[quote name='Coral']Do you have another cruise booked?

I don't and I get probably 2 emails a week and snail mail every week. I think a lot has to do if you have another cruise booked or not.

As far as response to your email, you will have better luck by sending a real letter. They usually respond to those within 6-8 weeks.[/quote]
Yes, I agree on being booked-nothing much from them. I did have a question for Princess and presented via their form online. Well, they called me in 2 days! I have never had a response like that from them. It wasn't a real complaint etc just a suggestion! They called and left a detailed message as well as gave a phone number to call back. I was very surprised for the quick response.

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']We never get promotional offers. We always have multiple cruises booked. I've just assumed that that was the reason.[/quote]

I never get emails and rarely get mail from Princess. For me it makes no difference whether I have one booked for not. I've been on 25 plus with them and nothing booked at this time. I've checked and double checked my email address but NEVER got one from them except for my pre-cruise emails. Don't usually get the "atlas" either.

[quote name='notentirelynormal']I never get emails and rarely get mail from Princess. For me it makes no difference whether I have one booked for not. I've been on 25 plus with them and nothing booked at this time. I've checked and double checked my email address but NEVER got one from them except for my pre-cruise emails. Don't usually get the "atlas" either.[/quote]
I just spoke with Captains Circle last week. They said that all my preferences were set to receive emails and mailings. Maybe it really is a personal thing. :eek:

[quote name='-Lew-']We currently have five cruises booked and I have been receiving an average of 2-3 promotional emails per month from Princess. These are in addition to those related to specific bookings.

Lew[/QUOTE]

I had this happen to me when I had cruises booked and had multiple captain circle numbers. Once they cleaned that up, it stopped. Is it possible one of you has two numbers? Just a thought.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
I have never received any promotional material/emails/snail mails from Princess. I have cruised with them once, and have another booked for March. Never thought of it as being an issue. Happy sailing![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='whiterose']Since we came back from our April cruise on the Star, I have not received one single email or snailmail offer from Princess. When I go on My Princess and click on Special Deals I get a blank space. I checked and they still have the correct address and email information and I still show that I'm willing to receive offers by phone, email or mail. Before our cruise I got offers on a regular basis and I still get tons of mail from Holland America.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I suspect Princess does not want us back and that hurts after 22 cruises with them. I gave the Star 28 day cruise a very good review except for access for passengers with hearing loss. I was upset that I could not watch TV for 28 days because virtually all of the programs were not closed captioned.

It's been 3 months and still no response to my two emails to the Access Department and now two weeks since I emailed Customer Relations about the same thing.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Did you behave badly on your last cruise? Did you upset the cruise staff during a game of Scattergories... Some of the cruise staff can be a bit sensitive you know...;)

Understand, that Princess, like all cruise lines, uses a sophisticated marketing system. Each offer comes with a specific set of parameters (for example, could be "Has not cruised in 18 months, has no bookings in next 18 months, average pre-departure booking time is less than 90 days, lives within 100 miles of departure port, is over 65 and so on...)

When you meet the criteria for that offer, you will get the offer. When you do not, you won't...

I have three cruises booked and I still get offers, but not as many as when I didn't have anything booked. That said, I'd call Princess. Also, you might go to your preferences pages on MyPrincess and change some things around. Check different cruise destinations you're interested in. Re-sign up for offers and specials. It's probably just a computer thing.

Thanks for all the helpful advice and some fascinating insight into how it all works. It's possible I did upset some of the people at the Purser's Desk (Passenger Services) because they certainly upset me by their "not my problem" attitude. All the other staff and crew were wonderful.

We don't have anything booked right now. Nothing in my spam folder. I did just re-register to get Offers so we will see what happens there.

I'll give Customer Relations another couple of weeks to see if they respond before I email them again. Because of my hearing loss I really don't like to make phone calls - too many chances to misunderstand what they say.

We've enjoyed some wonderful cruises with Princess even though they've never had much in the way of access for passengers with hearing loss. However, in the past the crew would try to make up for that by being extra nice and helpful. On the Star the Passenger Service desk just wanted me to go away and didn't even apologize for the lack of closed captions. It's this change of attitude that's made me more critical of Princess.

i wouldn,t worry about the non receiving of emails it,ll just be a glitch and if the passenger services desk didn,t sort your problem out and gave you the brush off , they deserved the bad review . we have always found at least one or 2 very helpful on a cruise and will only deal with them if problems occur .
hope you get sorted as it would be a shame for princess to loose such a good customer .

I don't remember how much mail we got from Princess between last October (when we booked our last cruise) and December (when the cruise was). But we do get plenty of promotional mailings from them every week and also I get the emails. We do live within 100 miles of one of the ports Princess uses, so maybe that's it.

As for closed captioning, my teen would love that option on the cabin TV. She doesn't have a hearing problem (at least not when we're whispering about her in a different room:rolleyes:), but she usually turns on the CC for anything she watches on Netflix or the TV. It's her preference.

I appreciate Loonbeam's explanation of the marketing system because it's always baffled me, too. My hubby will get offers, and I don't. My friend who is our age, cruises about the same frequency as us, and lives 2 blocks from us gets offers all the time! Wish we could all get more offers! I LOVE Princess mail!

[quote=Cruisin' Chick;39798044] But we do get plenty of promotional mailings from them every week and also I get the emails. We do live within 100 miles of one of the ports Princess uses, so maybe that's it.
[/quote]

Nope, that's not it. I only live a few miles from you and I rarely get anything. Haven't for years.

Archived