Do you use a lanyard for your sea pass?

StevenStephen

Same here. My Diamond (Royal) and Elite (Celebrity) card looks really nice dangling from my lanyard.

I'll make sure my Diamond card on Carnival is on a lanyard on our cruise next week since it seems to annoy so many people!

Just why should anyone else have an opinion about how or why I carry my card a certain way?

#Lanyardpolice

Just why should anyone else have an opinion about how or why I carry my card a certain way?

Well, the OP asked. I think they look silly. Like your mom pinned a note to your chest for school or something. I prefer to wear a necklace or scarf which matches my outfit.

Edited by Pudgesmom

The Coach ID holder is what I have. They sell them at the Coach outlet stores for $18. I bought (5) about 7 years ago and gave them to my female family and friends that cruised with me as a Xmas gift. To this date they all use it when they go on cruises. I have used mine over 7 times. Best investment for a trip so far. I just make sure I pack it next to a copy of my passport in my cruise luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went on Etsy and.purchased a silver chain and bauble lanyard that looks like a necklace with a clip. I also bought a small coinpurse that is designed in colors I wanted to hang from it while onboard. Perfect for room key.....drink key, extra card for cabin light and lipstick. My hands are free and no need for pockets. Not to be worn on excursions though! Self security needs to be more discriminating;)

I'll make sure my Diamond card on Carnival is on a lanyard on our cruise next week since it seems to annoy so many people!

#Lanyardpolice

Ditto. On the Liberty last week only one diamond couple was aboard. Lots of platinum folks.

#seethehumor

#Lanyardpolice

Women and kids can get away with lanyards....Old men too

If you are a guy, over 15 yrs old, put it in your pocket.....for guys lanyard = "dork"

Edited by First and Ten

I had them punch a hole in the card, then attached a keyring and jewelry finding so that I could clip it onto a bracelet.

8648968311_f0e88424f3.jpg

I was really pleased with the way that worked; I didn't need to carry a purse or bag if I didn't want to, I didn't need to worry about pockets, and it still left my hands free for a book or camera.

This is actually a great idea, thanks!

This thread is funny. People are very serious abt NEVER EVER HOW DARE U SUGGEST wearing a lanyard lol. I really like the punch a hole and put it in a bracelet idea. I definitely don't want to be carrying around a purse - unless I'm off the ship and have a need for a wallet - and idk abt all the ladies but I don't have a ton of cruise clothes with pockets. So if I don't want to carry a wallet that I don't need on the ship, and I wanna hang around in my bikini and a cover up - the wrist band idea is a clever solution. Without using a lanyard ((GASP)). [emoji5]

My lanyard is a cute little Coach lanyard and I can slip a few $$$ bills in behind it. Most convenient thing I take with me on the cruise. You know the raffles the hold in the Promenade where you get the little ticket? I slip it behind my Seapass in the lanyard and it doesn't get lost.

My lanyard is a cute little Coach lanyard and I can slip a few $$$ bills in behind it. Most convenient thing I take with me on the cruise. You know the raffles the hold in the Promenade where you get the little ticket? I slip it behind my Seapass in the lanyard and it doesn't get lost.

I have the same one. I've use at Disneyland for my park tickets/fast passes. So much easier than digging for them or potentially losing.

My dh was after me to try the lanyard and resisted for a long time. Didn't want to wear the lanyard, didn't want the hole in my card, etc. Well, last cruise I gave in and now will never go back. LOL...made things so much easier! I didn't have to worry about it falling out of my pockets etc. This cruise we have new lanyards that have the pocket to just slide it in. I will never go back. LOL

Kayla

I'm a first-timer and after reading this thread, I ordered a Kate Spade cross body cell phone wallet for my iPhone and card, since I don't have many pockets. But I'm throwing in my phone case with the card compartment that I use for tailgating and concerts and a lanyard, just in case.

I don't care what others think about how I look with my lanyard :D It works best for me and I will continue to use one. I have no one to impress and I hate digging around for s&s card love having it right there when needed. ;)

Edited by shadow8800

So I am a first time cruiser, leaving in 20 days. I bought lanyards for all 5 of us (me, bf, and 3 kids) I think it's a great idea in theory. Question for those who use it, when you go to the pool I'm board, do you just leave it with your towel and stuff?

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app

Yes. I just leave mine under my towel. If I am just dipping my feet in the water I keep it on me. That way when a waiter goes by I can have my card handy to swipe [emoji12] Most people don't want to take the card. It would be stupid and you can go to guest relations and cancel it and have a new one within minutes.

Enjoy your trip. Hope you love cruising as much as the rest of us.

Hi there. One tip that I've often seen suggested is to get a lanyard to hold the ship sea pass. I sort of like the idea...in particular I have seen a waterproof one that would hold the pass, some cash and an ID. This sounds like a great idea for beach excursions.

Oh, and I'll admit that I've seen those sparkly rhinestone lanyards on Amazon.com. Tempting if only because they just look fun.

Thoughts?

This is just our experience. I didn't read the other replies yet because I wanted to express just what we experienced and not anything else.

We tried using a lanyard on our first cruise because we were told on other cruises people had gotten their room steward to punch a hole in their sea pass card. When we got on board we were told the card wouldn't work if they put a hole in it due to the electronics so we weren't able to use the lanyard. The cruise line gave us a free trial of rubber bracelets like watches for our sea pass and those were great. I hope eventually all ships have those instead of cards.

On a later cruise I took a lanyard with a hard plastic ID holder. It was great on the ship and less bulky than any of the waterproof bags for lanyards we found. All the waterproof options we found were sized for cell phones. We used 1 waterproof bag for our sea passes, cash, a credit card, and ID when we went to the beach with my spouse wearing it.

We realized the first time we went to use it we hadn't brought anything to wrap up our ID and credit cards so the numbers weren't visible. :eek: Turns out a tissue works fine for that, though it took us an embarrassingly long time to think of that. :rolleyes:

I don't like having lanyards (or anything really) hanging on my neck, so for times when we don't have pockets, we use a wrist coil. It's small enough that if we decide to stash the card in a pocket we don't have to remove it from the coil. It's easy to push the coil further up your arm if the card is dangling in your way ( such as at a buffet ).