Free water in the gym?

CruiseyLife

Hi cruisers, are there any ships that have complimentary bottled water in the gym?

And any idea what it costs onboard?

PS. Not all-inclusive ships!

Thanks

They all have free water - just not in little plastic bottles. If they are important to you, you can fill your ownin your bathroom, let it cool in your refrigerator overnight, then bring it with you to the gym.

Hi cruisers, are there any ships that have complimentary bottled water in the gym?

Thanks

Oceania they also have free sports drinks

Most charge $3.50 + for a small bottle

Tap water is free

Thanks

not bottled no.

they have the dispensers with cucumber or lemon slices floating in it and you dispense into small paper cups.

depending on the cruise line, bottled water can be part of a beverage package.

Celebrity's premium package for instance includes bottled water and many juices/smoothies and other non alcoholic drinks on top of the booze.

Oceania they also have free sports drinks

Most charge $3.50 + for a small bottle

Tap water is free

Aha! So there is one ship that does have free bottled water (and sports drinks, wow) in the gym? Thank you! I am looking for that specific info, rather than water fountains etc. I knew I had seen it somewhere, on a ship without free drinks. I was on Marina this year, so that must be it!

Let's just say I am settling a bet :)

Aha! So there is one ship that does have free bottled water (and sports drinks, wow) in the gym? Thank you! I am looking for that specific info, rather than water fountains etc. I knew I had seen it somewhere, on a ship without free drinks. I was on Marina this year, so that must be it!

Yes free non alcoholic drinks on the ships not just the gym ;)

Did you win the bet??

Lyn

You've been on 36 cruises and you really have to come to this board to ask if water is free? Really? With the cruises you've listed - which some are pretty expensive lines....I can't believe that you are really wondering about spending a couple of dollars on a bottle of water. It sounds to me that you do a radio show about cruises and you are asking other to provide you with the info to do your shows. Have you really done the variety of ships and lines that you show on your list? Or have you done some and just want to do your "live show" using others information? Have you even cruised?

Then you lost the bet. Your initial post stipulated not all inclusive -- Oceania is all inclusive.

You've been on 36 cruises and you really have to come to this board to ask if water is free? Really? With the cruises you've listed - which some are pretty expensive lines....I can't believe that you are really wondering about spending a couple of dollars on a bottle of water. It sounds to me that you do a radio show about cruises and you are asking other to provide you with the info to do your shows. Have you really done the variety of ships and lines that you show on your list? Or have you done some and just want to do your "live show" using others information? Have you even cruised?

a bit of paranoia setting in there honey ?

not bottled no.

they have the dispensers with cucumber or lemon slices floating in it and you dispense into small paper cups.

depending on the cruise line, bottled water can be part of a beverage package.

Celebrity's premium package for instance includes bottled water and many juices/smoothies and other non alcoholic drinks on top of the booze.

Celebrity spa/Blu staterooms do give you water for free I understand. They are a bit higher than a regualr balcony stateroom but still less than a suite.

a bit of paranoia setting in there honey ?

Where do you get paranoid about me asking him about his cruise history? Paranoid? Do you think I see him stalking me honey? I think my questions are valid. He's listed 36 different cruises with a variety a cruiselines. Seems strange that in all those cruises he never bought a bottle of water or is even curious about the cost since all of his cruises have happened in the last 4 years. That's quite a pretty penny to pay, especially as a solo, then to come on CC to ask if he can get free water.

From his previous postings:

I'm a solo traveller/travel blogger from Australia - and under 40!

I'll be talking about cruise ship safety on ABC Radio today at 3.40pm (SYD time), discussing exactly the things mentioned here e.g. is it time for motion detection technology on side of ships?

Louise, Editor, Cruise Weekly[/i]

Where do you get paranoid about me asking him about his cruise history? Paranoid? Do you think I see him stalking me honey? I think my questions are valid. He's listed 36 different cruises with a variety a cruiselines. Seems strange that in all those cruises he never bought a bottle of water or is even curious about the cost since all of his cruises have happened in the last 4 years. That's quite a pretty penny to pay, especially as a solo, then to come on CC to ask if he can get free water.

I'll be talking about cruise ship safety on ABC Radio today at 3.40pm (SYD time), discussing exactly the things mentioned here e.g. is it time for motion detection technology on side of ships?

Louise, Editor, Cruise Weekly[/i]

Good point. If he has been on 36 cruises he should already know about the lines he does anyway.

Oceania is NOT all inclusive

I'll rely on Fodors: "Oceania Cruises offers mostly all-inclusive pricing, but does add on gratuities." --- rather than on you. Admittedly, the tipping issue might dilute the meaning of the term "all inclusive", but Oceania surely belongs in that category. As a matter of fact, I do not believe any lines actually cover EVERYTHING - postage for post cards, for example,, cigars or cigarettes, etc.

I'll rely on Fodors: "Oceania Cruises offers mostly all-inclusive pricing, but does add on gratuities." --- rather than on you. Admittedly, the tipping issue might dilute the meaning of the term "all inclusive", but Oceania surely belongs in that category. As a matter of fact, I do not believe any lines actually cover EVERYTHING - postage for post cards, for example,, cigars or cigarettes, etc.

I am not sure what you read into the statement but I can assure you they are not all inclusive you pay for drinks, gratuities, excursions

They are considered a premium line they include non alcoholic beverages, no extra charges for specialty restaurants

They do have some promotions where gratuities & other perks are included

just check their website for details

Lyn

I'll be talking about cruise ship safety on ABC Radio today at 3.40pm (SYD time), discussing exactly the things mentioned here e.g. is it time for motion detection technology on side of ships? Strange that they never bought a bottle of water? Louise, Editor, Cruise Weekly[/i]

Sheesh, it was a bet. Nowhere did I see the OP indicating they necessarily wanted free water. Besides, many people are content with the ship's water and don't ever purchase any bottled water.

Sheesh, it was a bet. Nowhere did I see the OP indicating they necessarily wanted free water. Besides, many people are content with the ship's water and don't ever purchase any bottled water.

icon1.gif Free water in the gym?

Thanks

The OP's first post - the start of this thread. No mention of a bet. She wants to know what ships have free water at the gym and how much water costs on board. For someone showing so many and varied cruises it just seems like a weird question. Just my opinion and the only one I'm stating. Oh - and the title of the thread "FREE WATER IN THE GYM".

Archived