Bathroom Scale in AquaSuite

fredflint

I was going thru some pics I found online and in this pic there is a glass bathroom scale at the bottom. Whoever heard of a scale on a cruise ship, it is like a clock in Las Vegas

aqua_suite0897

I Like having a scale in my hotel room. Why not on the cruise. Richard

I haven't experienced it but I have heard that years ago the passengers would get weighed at the beginning of the cruise when they boarded and then on the last day when they left the ship. Don't know if this is true or not but a co worker took a cruise in the late 70's and told us that they did that. It could have been some BS that he was handing us.

I could see Canival doing that and giving a ship on a stick to the biggest gainer.

:D

Edited by miched

I guess since AQ is kind of billed as a spa experience w/ "clean food" and yoga on the TV and Persian Gardens yadda yadda, maybe they think we want to watch our weight while cruising. I've stayed in AQ. I didn't weigh myself. More power to those that do.

I'm willing to bet that it's part of a marketing tool to sell more fitness related services/products. Once people see how much they gained, they're more likely to shell out for a "detox" wrap or the like.

I've noticed that I gain several pounds of water weight on the ship due to the salty air, salt content in food, and traces of salt in the tap water. Typically, I can cut down on the water retention by drinking bottled water. The good news is that after a couple days back home, I've lost about 90% of any weight I put on. I attribute the last 10% to actual indulgence. :p

I'm willing to bet that it's part of a marketing tool to sell more fitness related services/products. Once people see how much they gained, they're more likely to shell out for a "detox" wrap or the like.

I've noticed that I gain several pounds of water weight on the ship due to the salty air, salt content in food, and traces of salt in the tap water. Typically, I can cut down on the water retention by drinking bottled water. The good news is that after a couple days back home, I've lost about 90% of any weight I put on. I attribute the last 10% to actual indulgence. :p

Celebrity has had scales in their Suites for quite some years, even before they were promoting their fitness programs. And I agree...drink bottled water. The salt content is much lower.

• 9 months later...

I think now people like to have a scale in their room or any place where they are going to live to measure their weight. Because almost all people have weighting issues due to some disease or for controlling their weight.

I think now people like to have a scale in their room or any place where they are going to live to measure their weight. Because almost all people have weighting issues due to some disease or for controlling their weight.

You are being too kind! Have been on many cruises and witnessed people eating non-stop!! The scale in the gym is accurate and keeps people "honest".

I also over eat on a cruise and have gained weight each time!!

All suites on X have scales in them, not just the Aqua Suites on Reflection.

I don't think standard Aqua cabins have them.

They won't be "accurate' from a medical standpoint, but will give some idea of a trend up or down or steady if you take several readings over a period of time, especially when in port.

At sea if the ship is popping up over a wave you will be heavier, if plunging downwards lighter.....

We were in a regular Aqua class cabin on 11 on the Constellation, immediately after the solticization last April. I was surprised to see that we had a set of scales in our bathroom.