Petition to add "Qsine" to Equinox and the Solstice.

NathanA04

"Qsine" is such a popular restaurant. The fun and whimsical atmosphere is very different from the other specialty restaurants. I feel it deserves to be on all the Solstice style ships. If you agree, please add your name and support this petition to add it to Equinox and Solstice. Thanks!

While I enjoy Qsine I would not want it added to more ships. I like that all ships are not complete cookie cutter versions of one another, but have some differences - variety is nice. Also Qsine become a little less fun with each subsequent visit; the whimsical nature of the restaurant is fun and intriguing, but quality wise I do not feel that food is as strong as some of the other venues. As such one you have been to Qsine a couple of times most do not feel the need to hurry back for another visit. I would like to see Celebrity be more creative in terms of the frequency of menu changes; it seems like hardly anything has changed with Qsine's menu during the years it has existed.

First: Welcome to Cruise Critic. I see you just joined today. Just curious to learn on how many cruises have you experienced Qsine? How many cruises have you experienced Silk Harvest? I prefer Qsine, but favor a choice. Ships should not be completely "cookie cutter".

I'm sure and hopeful that someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that Qsine was a creation of JVS and there may be some contractual considerations involved in any changes. People might favor a change, but it might be costly, difficult or impossible to accomplish given the JVS contract.

Edited by Orator

I too have to agree with not making the ships carbon copies of each other. It is nice to have some choices and I prefer to try different things on vacation. If I wanted to eat the same thing over and over I could stay home.

It is the one reason that when I travel I refuse to eat somewhere I can eat at home: i.e. Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Hard Rock Cafe etc.

There is enough choice that this restaurant doesn't need to be on every one of Celebrity's ships.

I agree with all the contrary opinions. It is nice to have a distinct character to each ship.

In matter of fact I wish that each ship had a distinct dining experience as well as standard offerings.

I've been to QSine a few times now and the novelty has worn off.

Phil

I've almost worn off the novelty after several diets.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

I agree with all the contrary opinions. It is nice to have a distinct character to each ship.

In matter of fact I wish that each ship had a distinct dining experience as well as standard offerings.

I've almost worn off the novelty after several diets.

Novelty has also worn off here. Now it's about menu and food quality. Prefer Tuscan ,Murano and Lawn Club Grille (only on nice, warm evenings) to Qsine. To each their own.

Novelty and fun but food just okay. We enjoyed our evening with friends and had fun with the presentation but would not do it again.

Main restaurant serves nicer food - perhaps not the same presentation though!

However, I would say give it a try if you can get a deal - we did as they were unable to fill the restaurant.

No way. Leave Solstice and Equinox alone. I really like Silk Harvest. I've been to QSine a few times now and the novelty has worn off.

Phil

Absolutely, thanks for speaking up for Silk Harvest. Qsine is a novelty, like all fads it will fade away, probably as it was Jacques Van Standens baby it may be sooner than might have been the case.

The novelty factor is why I asked the OP, who hasn't returned yet, to indicate how many times they dined in Qsine. Don't think it was more than once, or perhaps twice, but certainly not more.

I can't understand why one would join cruise critic just to post about Qsine unless one was "involved" in the trade... but that's the cynic in me.

Is someone looking to become a Qsine Maitre'd on another ship? :eek:

I can't understand why one would join cruise critic just to post about Qsine unless one was "involved" in the trade... but that's the cynic in me.

Is someone looking to become a Qsine Maitre'd on another ship? :eek:

Think that the OP must have read something that triggered an idea. That's positive. Then proposed the idea. Some call that a""brain f@@t". That happens quite often in legislative bodies throughout the free world. These "brain f@@ts" unfortunately become "laws".

Hope we didn't frighten off the OP and they return. The only way to know if an idea is popular is to. share it and see what happens. In this case the majority disagree, but many like the idea of varying menu items from time to time. That's a positive outcome.

Hope we didn't frighten off the OP and they return. The only way to know if an idea is popular is to. share it and see what happens. In this case the majority disagree, but many like the idea of varying menu items from time to time. That's a positive outcome.

I hope the OP doesn't take this personally, we all have our favorites. This is reminiscent of the thread to replace Bisro on 5.