Nassau or Half Moon Cay Bahamas

Heli Cruiser

just wondering if anyone can give me some info on Nassau or Half Moon Cay Bahamas. i am booking a cruise and i have a choice of one of the above. just trying to find out where i can get the best bang for my buck and have a fun time. we usually get our excursions off the ship as well. so the best deals with that too.

If you love the ocean, if you love being in the ocean and seeing your toes, and lounging on beautiful beaches, and listening to the sound of Carribbean music then you cannot get better on a short cruise than Half Moon Cay., It is by far one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth.

People who go to Nassau and say they dont like Nassau are ususally the people that get off the ship, and head to shop or drink. I dont. And each time I go I try someplace new, and there is good in everything. I have been to Blackbeards CAy, (it is listed on Carnival as a new excursion) been to Blue Lagoon, (dont go if it's cold) and have been to the Sheritan on a day pass, via taking the bus, and the Sheritan was so fantastic, for two old farts, we are going again this month. If we end up in Nassau again after this cruise, we will go the Atlantis and see what the hoopla is all about, but there are so many wonderful places to go and see in Nassau for water babies, why stay on land-now if you dont swim, take another cruise, like Key West and Nassau.:o

Half Moon Cay is the private island used by Holland America and Carnival ships. Just a small island so it's a beach day. Beautiful white sand beach, lunch BBQ (served by ship personnel), etc. I don't think there's much in the way of excursions and if there are it'll be thru the cruise line.

We were on a HAL cruise the day we went there.

DSCF0220.jpg

How we spent some of our time.

DSCF0232.jpg

There are several things you can do on HMC besides sitting on the beach and/or swimming.

Historic Nature Walk

Snorkel by Boat

Stingray Adventure

Horseback Riding by Land & Sea

Glass Bottom Boat

Aqua Trax Adventure

Eco Lagoon Cruise

Eco Lagoon Kayak Adventure

Eco Bike & Hike

Eco Bike & Hike Adventure

Guided Tour by Bicycle - women's and men's bikes

Half Moon Cay without a doubt! Half Moon Cay is not a town, it is Carnival's own island. There is an information booth when you get off the tender. You can get a map of Half Moon Cay there. There are brick paths leading to different places. We rented a sunfish sailboat there and had a ball. (We have owned them, know how to sail.) There is also a beautiful tiny chapel over looking the beach, misting stations along the pathway, a bar with waiters on the beach, and an open bus to take you from the buffet back to the few shops and where you get the tender.

As for Nassau we no longer even get off the ship.

just wondering if anyone can give me some info on Nassau or Half Moon Cay Bahamas. i am booking a cruise and i have a choice of one of the above. just trying to find out where i can get the best bang for my buck and have a fun time. we usually get our excursions off the ship as well. so the best deals with that too.

We love Half Moon Cay and when we book a HAL Caribbean cruise, we make sure we stop there. Love the Jet Skies, the beach, hiking, just everything about the island. Enjoy!!

I went to both last year. I'm more of a town person than a beach person, but I loved HMC (and didn't actually care that much for Nassau, other than good coffee and cheap internet at the Starbucks just outside the port!) Cycling around Half Moon Cay was one of the highlights of our cruise!

Archived