Terrace Seating

LakeSideKen

On Regatta is there a maitre d' or other O staff person to help with seating in Terrace, or instead does a couple just wander until they find 2 empty seats? If seating is "self service," how do we know that empty seats haven't already been claimed by others who are getting their food? Or the same question from another angle: When we go to get our food, how do we insure that others don't think our seats are unclaimed and take them?

On Regatta is there a maitre d' or other O staff person to help with seating in Terrace, or instead does a couple just wander until they find 2 empty seats? If seating is "self service," how do we know that empty seats haven't already been claimed by others who are getting their food? Or the same question from another angle: When we go to get our food, how do we insure that others don't think our seats are unclaimed and take them?

Passengers typically find their own seating, and the process is the same as at any other self seating restaurant; one sits only at perfectly set tables.

205641.jpg

Anything "out of place" usually means that the table is occupied, although many people will also leave personal items such as a paperback or a sweater to reinforce the point.

generally you just wander till you find an empty seat ..sometimes the waitstaff will help you locate a table

In our experience

If the napkin is on the chair, the seat is taken

sometimes people will leave personal articles on the seat or table

usually one will go forage for food whilst the other guards the chairs

one reason I dislike the buffet is that we cannot really eat at the same time one is eating while the other is foraging ;)

YMMD

When we first sit down, it doesn't take more that a minute for a staff member to ask what i would like for a beverage. Water, soda, juice etc.

Than we get up, put our napkin on the arm of the chair, and proceed to go to the buffet.

Before we return, the beverages have arrived, and the table is by then clearly "in use".

Never had a problem finding one, or having ours mistaken as unused.

Plus, even in the warmer climates, I usually bring a sweater to eat outside, and that is there as well.

generally you just wander till you find an empty seat ..sometimes the waitstaff will help you locate a table

In our experience

If the napkin is on the chair, the seat is taken

sometimes people will leave personal articles on the seat or table

usually one will go forage for food whilst the other guards the chairs

one reason I dislike the buffet is that we cannot really eat at the same time one is eating while the other is foraging ;)

YMMD

We tend to avoid the buffet except for breakfast when we need to get off the ship early and quickly for a tour. We find an empty table either by looking for newly set dishes or a dirty table waiting to be cleaned since the buffet can get crowded. We wait until the waiter fills our coffee cups and then I place my napkin on the chair and head for the food. One of us usually waits at the table while the other goes since seats are a premium. Try the MDR it's quiet and peaceful.

We eat many of our meals in the Terrace.

We have never experienced a problem if we both go to pick up our food at the same time. We do order our drinks first and put the napkins on the arm of the chairs when we get up. Also, my wife leaves her purse on the chair.

if we share a table with other we will go up to get food at the same time ..

once at dinner we left our drinks on the table & napkins on the chair arm & both went to get our food ..it was not very busy so figured we were safe

I came back & there was a man chowing down at our table ...napkin still on my chair & he was using the napkin from DH chair...all I can say it is a good thing we did not drink from the water glasses on the table ;)

He ate most of his meal before realizing he was at the wrong table his wife was sitting further down the dining room

We just picked another table close by..the waiter was amused :D

Lyn

We also never had a problem, once we sit down for dinner we order a cocktail or wine--and after the drinks come we sit and enjoy the drinks like at any other restaurant before we go to get food. On a longer cruise, the Terrace is a great place to enjoy a more casual meal.

Rick

We rarely eat in the Terrace Cafe, partly because of the crowding making it difficult to find a table, partly because of the crowding at the buffet stations, but mostly because we like to be served. Even at Waves, once one places one's order, the meal is delivered to the table.

sent from Galaxy Note 8

We rarely eat in the Terrace Cafe, partly because of the crowding making it difficult to find a table, partly because of the crowding at the buffet stations, but mostly because we like to be served. Even at Waves, once one places one's order, the meal is delivered to the table.

sent from Galaxy Note 8

We too like to be served and have for the most part encountered crowded conditions at the Terrace probably due to the fact we are trying to disembark the ship the same time as every one else. Furthermore, they don't serve the baby lamb chops at breakfast at the buffet (lol).

We enjoy eating outdoors on the Terrace in the T. Cafe, mostly after a long day touring or a casual for lunch. We rarely had to wait for a free table. Also, which I find 'great service', is most times the waitstaff have carried my plate when they see me on my way from the buffet to the table.

I must add that most of the rude behavior, that I have seen, has been at the buffets(pre-tour)....something about food brings out the worst in some folks:eek: We have breakfast in the MDR when we can, to avoid this phenomenon.

We too like to be served and have for the most part encountered crowded conditions at the Terrace probably due to the fact we are trying to disembark the ship the same time as every one else. Furthermore, they don't serve the baby lamb chops at breakfast at the buffet (lol).

I thought the lamb chops were available for breakfast at Terraces.

Where are they available?

Thanks in advance.

I thought the lamb chops were available for breakfast at Terraces.

Where are they available?

Thanks in advance.

Though I do not eat lamb, I believe that the baby lamb chops are only available in the MDR for breakfast. In the evening, the Terrace grill station will have lamb chops in addition to steaks, etc.

The lamb lovers will correct me if I am wrong :)

We enjoy eating in all the different venues, the terrace does get busy, especially the outside portion in nice weather. There are lots of staff there that will help you find a table and make your meal go smooth. The buffet is not self service so IMHO makes it seem nicer than you average cruise ship buffet.

We love eating at the Terrace for all 3 meals as well as enjoying the other dining venues. Where it becomes a problem for us is when those pax NEW to Oceania reach in and serve themselves. That is a no-no for hygienic reasons. I have even spoken up when I see it happening saying the staff on this cruise line are happy to serve you. Yes, once in a while you have to wait your turn, but the staff are always friendly and a little please and thank you goes a long way. They work hard. One woman said to me that the one thing she was not used to was waiting for staff to serve you b/c on other lines you help yourself. She said - I must get used to this. I also love the fact that you cannot eat around the clock in the Terrace...they shut down lunch at certain time as well as evening meal.

Archived