Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

My poor old laptop (3 yrs old) was on Internet explorer 7, and I could not get anything on the Celebrity website, not even an itinerary, and then I saw the post that said you need an up to date browser.

I tried to upgrade Internet Explorer but to no avail, then realised that I had recently downloaded google chrome, so I openend it, went to X website and voila! worked like a charm.

Google chrome is easy and fast to download ( at least it was for me ), so I suggest if all else fails, download chrome.

I thought of that, but I've tried IE, Chrome, and Safari with the same results.:(

I cannot access with IE8 - that is all I have and I am not paying for a new operating system to upgrade to 11. Also I have Google chrome with no luck accessing my reservation.

I finally wrote Michael Bayley - president or something of celebrity. He had his secretary write me back who told me to go back to customer service.

I politely explained I had been there enough times and that is why we had written them. Dropped the ball. Will probably be our last cruise with these guys.

I cannot access with IE8 - that is all I have and I am not paying for a new operating system to upgrade to 11. Also I have Google chrome with no luck accessing my reservation.

I finally wrote Michael Bayley - president or something of celebrity. He had his secretary write me back who told me to go back to customer service.

I politely explained I had been there enough times and that is why we had written them. Dropped the ball. Will probably be our last cruise with these guys.

We shouldn't have to change computers to access a website, for goodness sake. However, I did, just this morning. After not being able to see ANY of the specials on the website all weekend, I avoided it on Cyber Monday. When I saw the email about addtl guests sail free, I gave it a try. Nothing but the OOPS message. I hoped it was my mac so I switched to my PC. Nothing except the OOPS message. Three different browsers, different operating systems, etc.

Ridiculous. I talked DH into canceling our March Reflection in favor of another cruise line. I hate that because I love the ships/food/staff/etc. but it should be a seamless experience from booking to debarkation. Yes, I realize I could call them (which I did), and I also have a TA. None of that matters. FIX THE WEBSITE!!!

Now I just have to locate my replacement cruise, which should be easy since their website works fine.

We shouldn't have to change computers to access a website, for goodness sake. However, I did, just this morning. After not being able to see ANY of the specials on the website all weekend, I avoided it on Cyber Monday. When I saw the email about addtl guests sail free, I gave it a try. Nothing but the OOPS message. I hoped it was my mac so I switched to my PC. Nothing except the OOPS message. Three different browsers, different operating systems, etc.

Ridiculous. I talked DH into canceling our March Reflection in favor of another cruise line. I hate that because I love the ships/food/staff/etc. but it should be a seamless experience from booking to debarkation. Yes, I realize I could call them (which I did), and I also have a TA. None of that matters. FIX THE WEBSITE!!!

Now I just have to locate my replacement cruise, which should be easy since their website works fine.

Yes please fix the website or at least help us with our sign on problems....

The following fix works on most of their pages on IE11, I read about this when another poster here on Cruise Critic pointed it out: In IE11 click on the icon that looks like a gear on the upper right corner of your browser. Then select "Compatibility View Settings" and follow the prompt to add the Celebrity site. Then reload your page and it should work OK.

Larry, that was brilliant!! It solved all my problems with the Celebrity website, and there were plenty over the last two weeks.

Thank you, once again, for posting such helpful advice.

I encourage everyone having difficulties with Celebrity's website, and using IE 11, to give Larry's suggestion a try.

BEWARE of Celebrity Cruises! We booked a trip early in the year. When I go online to manage our reservation (make a payment, reserve an excursion, look at our statement, anything.) a message appears saying the site is down for maintenance. It has been this way for at least two months. We've been promised several times that the problem would be corrected soon. Whenever I call the company, I am... told that it will be working soon. They've acknowledged the problem has been this way for two months.

How can a company run their business this way? I certainly hope their ship will be in better shape when we take the cruise.

I'd like to hear celebrity management explain this.

Anyone else having the "celebrity experience" online?

Yes, could not make payment, shore excursions are next to impossible to look at. My cruise disappeared from the reservation page. All I would get is an error message with invalid loyalty number. Turns out they switched my loyalty number with my husbands. If I hadn't already purchased my airline tickets I probably would have canceled. There staff asked me if I was using a PC. I told her no, we only have macs. She suggested that I use a PC. Really, that was their advice. If I don't scrub safari with washing machine, their web site does not work! However after they fixed my loyalty number I was able to view my reservation and purchase a shore excursion.

I agree that the website is ridiculously poor and there won't be anyone on these boards who will disagree with that. After I booked my first Celebrity cruise last year, I was also very concerned, thinking if they can't get a website right, what is it going to be like on board. Many people assured me that the Celebrity experience on board is completely opposite to their website. I found that this was absolutely true. I hate the website, but I am cruising with Celebrity for the next two years.

Odd! I have never had any issues with the website, and I typically book a cruise each year and make all my excursion reservations from the web site. As I write this I can look up my next cruise, and do all the normal functions with that reservation. Maybe I'm just lucky. Have you cleared your browsing data so a new page will have to be displayed and not an old one with the "down for maintenance" message? This has worked for me on other web sites in the past.

Good luck!

Edited by boogs

I'm not having any trouble either.

On another thread re: another issue with their web site, the problem seemed to involve Internet Explorer 11. People using Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or older versions of IE weren't having trouble.

A fix involved clicking the wheel in the upper right corner and choosing "compatibility mode." If that doesn't word I'd try Chrome. It's free and seems to work much better for me.

I hope that is helpful. If not, I hope you're able to get it resolved soon.

It is also a good idea to clear your history and cookies in your web browser.

FWIW, a lot of web sites do not work well with either IE 10 or 11. In fact, Microsoft put out a bunch of materials on making web sites compatible with the new versions of IE!

Yes, could not make payment, shore excursions are next to impossible to look at. My cruise disappeared from the reservation page. All I would get is an error message with invalid loyalty number. Turns out they switched my loyalty number with my husbands. If I hadn't already purchased my airline tickets I probably would have canceled. There staff asked me if I was using a PC. I told her no, we only have macs. She suggested that I use a PC. Really, that was their advice. If I don't scrub safari with washing machine, their web site does not work! However after they fixed my loyalty number I was able to view my reservation and purchase a shore excursion.

Just checked. Using a Mac (OS X 10.8.5), I was able to check my reservations with both Firefox and Safari. Didn't make any changes, but everything was there and looked correct.

Switching from a Mac to a PC is no way to make any website better! ;););)

Odd! I have never had any issues with the website, and I typically book a cruise each year and make all my excursion reservations from the web site. As I write this I can look up my next cruise, and do all the normal functions with that reservation. Maybe I'm just lucky. Have you cleared your browsing data so a new page will have to be displayed and not an old one with the "down for maintenance" message? This has worked for me on other web sites in the past.

Good luck!

Same here, not crazy about some of their formats but as far as my two current reservations, have not had any problems except when site was down for maintenance.

I tried again today to access my reservation - of course I got the "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later." message when I tried to access it.

I called them they said NOT to login just use the Already Booked tab and enter my reservation number and name etc into the forum and access it that way, it did not work, she said it was because I was logged in earlier.

I waited a few hours and of course got the same message "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

So I called yet again, she said that she was sending a message to IT and to wait 24-48 hours for it to be fixed.

Awesome IT Dept.

So many great responses here. I personally have not had any issues with the website. I sail next week, first time with Celebrity. I hope it's good.

If some of these issues get some of you so upset, I would love to read some of your trip reviews. Most likely some of the reviewers that post complaints while on the vacation with pics to boot.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So many great responses here. I personally have not had any issues with the website. I sail next week, first time with Celebrity. I hope it's good.

If some of these issues get some of you so upset, I would love to read some of your trip reviews. Most likely some of the reviewers that post complaints while on the vacation with pics to boot.

My cruise is in feb and I will post a full photo review.

One of my booked cruises is no longer on the website. I called X and they said the website was being worked on.

I tried several days later and it wont accept my booked reservation.

I get this message.

Price Definition is mandatory for this transaction

Celebrity, if you are reading this, do something about it.

My cruise is in feb and I will post a full photo review.

Hope a positive one . Not pics of your towel animal that didn't come out anatomically correct so now you'll never cruise with them again . LOL

The website is a problem, but I still love cruising on X.

Still, I cannot repost my booked cruise, since it keeps telling me this:

Price Definition is mandatory for this transaction

As for politics, we shouldn't get involved in that discussion, but I will say that I doubt if Celebrity has spent a billion dollars on its website.