150 Central Park - Please Share Your Experiance

I'm considering dining at 150 Central Park on my upcoming cruise on Allure of the Seas. I would love to hear from others about their experience and if it's worth it. I've always gone to Chops on the cruise, but never anything else besides the MDR.

Would someone please share their experience?

Thank you,

I liked it, but did not love it. I had the Allure first menu (Sunday to Wednesday), which had the steak with thrice cooked fries. The steak was basically flavorless because they cannot cook it over charcoal on a ship. There was no crust on the steak to give it any flavor. I understand that, but it needed something to improve the flavor. The rest of the meal was quite good though. I enjoyed the other courses, although the upsell on the cookbook is a bit much.

I am a very picky eater and have some food restrictions. I did not like 150 at all! I prefer to choose my own foods thank you very much! DH on the other hand likes any and all food! He thought that the food was very tasty, but the portions were very small. We both left hungry but for different reasons!

Chops and Portafino we both loved.

Did not like staying in a balcony on Central Park.

We booked a Guarantee as the price was good, but would stick to our ocean view balcony from now on.

It was noisy due to the kids pool across and above us. We were mid section.

We had to keep the sheer curtains closed so the cabins across from the Park could not look in.

It was noisy in the middle of the night with people yelling below, we had our door closed.

So, for us it was not our thing!

Loved the ship though!!!! Have sailed on Oasis and Allure and booked for more.

We were looking foward to 15O of all the restaunts on Oasis and have to say it was a bit of a disappointment we felt it was ok but nothing to write home about. We like the salt selection on the table thought that was unique but felt the meal was a letdown. I feel X does a much better job in Murano then 150 on RCL just my opinion. We really enjoyed the other speciality restaurants on Oasis including the Chef table which was very good.

Hello Rob ~ my DH Rick and I have been to 150 Central Park quite a few times on both Oasis and Allure. It is our all time favourite specialty dining experience. We like to try new things and have always been pleased with this upscale dining experience.

Have to try the cucumber martini. Will be going again on my March 1 Oasis sailing.

I like the smaller portions, ,presentation and the service. For us it is a 'must do' on an Oasis class ship.

Did not like staying in a balcony on Central Park.

We booked a Guarantee as the price was good, but would stick to our ocean view balcony from now on.

It was noisy due to the kids pool across and above us. We were mid section.

We had to keep the sheer curtains closed so the cabins across from the Park could not look in.

It was noisy in the middle of the night with people yelling below, we had our door closed.

So, for us it was not our thing!

Loved the ship though!!!! Have sailed on Oasis and Allure and booked for more.

I think that you did not understand the OP's question. They were asking about 150 Central Park, the restaurant. Not Central Park in general.

We really enjoyed 150. That, and Giovanni's, were the highlights of our meals. You have to be okay with a tasting menu- there are no choices. But, if you are adventurous, I would say go for it! And yes, the cucumber martini is THAT good.

We've done 150 on Allure (2 years ago) and Oasis (Sep.). We loved it both times. We check the menu as my wife cannot eat seafood. So if one menu is more "seafood" heavy we opt for the other. The nice thing is that they will substitute. On Allure they substituted Tofu for the fish and she loved it. Everything was the same on the dish except tofu instead of fish. On Oasis the first course was lobster salad so they simply didn't put the lobster on. She still liked it quite well (I loved it). But it is a very nice experience for a romantic and special dinner. It takes a few hours and worth, in my opinion, every penny. Another option is the Chef's Table. We have never tried it (mostly due to the seafood situation) but people rave about it.

If you decide to go to 150, and you don't want all the wine, you can "split" a pairing. You are charged for one pairing ($75) but they will split the amount into 2 glasses. I thought it worked out quit well as the glasses were perfect amount to go with the course. I think that a full pairing would be quite a bit of wine for one person.

I will also agree that the beef course, although I liked it, my wife thought it wasn't the best. But I still thought the meal was worth it, and the experience is very nice.

As others have said, don't miss the Cucumber Martini to start, the salts are fantastic.

Taste and experience are individually subjective but hey, it's a cruise, good chance to try it. On land it'd be twice the price.

Did 150 CP on Oasis and wasn't Wowed at all. By far the best meal we had on that ship was at the Chef's Table. We also ate in Giovanni's, Chops, Vintages, Izumi, and Solarium Bistro-- all of which were excellent.

The biggest let down was 150CP...our waiter was very rushed, didn't really explain much to us and the food/menu items were not very appealing. The food was just okay compared to the other venues we dined in. The main disappointment was the dessert which was disgusting and literally put a bad taste in my mouth for this place.

We purchased the CP Dining Package so it was a good value, but next time I would skip 150.

I'll just add my 2 cents to the variety of opinions here. I think 150 is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. I have sailed Oasis 3 times and Allure 4 times and we eat there at least once each cruise. I have never experienced bad or tasteless food and the service has always been faultless.

Now all that being said, it is often stated that food is a totally subjective subject and I think this is even more true at 150. Not knowing exactly what the dishes are going to be, even after viewing the menu, can put some people off.

As mentioned above the wine pairings are very generous and is too much for me alone, and I am not a shy drinker. I also have to differ from those that were still hungry after dinner - the servings are small but it is rich enough that I have always been satisfied.

We just got off Allure. We were on Oasis early last year and loved this place so much that we booked it twice last week. One thing to remember, if you are a big meat and potato's person then Chops might be better. The menus are set with 6 courses. This is a quality vs. quantity meal, although we were stuffed at the end of each meal. We have been to several nice restaurants on land and this stacks up with the best. Loved the service and the food and don't miss the specially martini. So if you like fine dinning, or just want to try it at a reasonable cost this is the place. The menus with your name on them are also a nice touch.

In the past they have also allowed us to share a wine pairing. I too agree that dining here was a better experience than our Chef Table. Granted we have only done Chef Table once and it was on the inaugural sailing of Oasis it might be time to try that again for a comparison.