Have Celebrity Eclipse Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Aloha Andy,

first, let me thank you again for your excellent information and participation with the CC community.

Second, I am taking my husband on this cruise for a milestone birthday in 2014. And have considered rebooking it for late 2014 as well. As we have not been to the Caribbean before, can you tell me why it is better than other options and you take the S. Caribbean route so frequently? Is it the ports or because it is 14 days?

Thank you..

Aloha Andy,

first, let me thank you again for your excellent information and participation with the CC community.

Second, I am taking my husband on this cruise for a milestone birthday in 2014. And have considered rebooking it for late 2014 as well. As we have not been to the Caribbean before, can you tell me why it is better than other options and you take the S. Caribbean route so frequently? Is it the ports or because it is 14 days?

Thank you..

It's the ONLY 14 day cruise left in the Caribbean. All the others I've found are B2Bs that spend a lot of time circling back to Florida. Because it goes all the way South, it covers a range of islands that you can't get on any single cruise.

Aloha Andy,

Thank you..

Hi Hulamoon,

Thank you for your very kind comments. For us, it's about sailing the Caribbean for 14 days and enjoying the Celebrity experience. There are several lines which offer 14 night sailings, but they are two 7 night sailings sandwiched together. This means most of the cuisine and entertainment is repeated, and that's not for us. As for the Solstice class ? We enjoy the ships very much, though quite frankly, if a Millennium class ship offered this itinerary - we would book it without hesitation.

When Celebrity first offered this itinerary, Constellation sailed it for a few years, and it was fantastic. It's such a shame that Connie is sailing short itineraries, as she's too beautiful of a ship to be relegated to short itineraries. IMO, Century would be a much better fit.

As for the itinerary.... the 14 night itinerary is THE best Caribbean itinerary that Celebrity offers by far, as it's an A+ list of Caribbean ports. With that said, we are not cruising for the ports, as we've been to the ports many times. Due to Mom's age, we are there for the wonderful Celebrity experience, to rest & relax, and enjoy great entertainment & cuisine.

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy, have a great cruise! We will be on the cruise after yours. We were looking forward to trying some of the microbrews in Micheals club but with Perry playing there I'm afraid this might not be an option. Would you let us know if they will be available and if so what types of microbrews do they have. Thanks Bunches!

Hi Andy,

thank you for your offer.

I would like to take my parents on this cruise next November. My mother is in a wheelchair and accessibility of Ports (including is there an available washroom) is always a concern.

Could you please try to note which piers are the longest/shortest, if there are cut outs/ramps for wheelchairs and if the shops around the port are wheelchair accessible (we don't normally go far - but my mother likes to do a bit of local shopping).

I don't have concerns about the ship with the wheelchair, it's each port stop.

Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by meatloafsfan

Andy - have a wonderful cruise! I love that you take your mother - I'm lucky enough to have both my parents still living and making the most of every moment is so important. I have friends that are on your sailing - so if you run into Kenny & Judy from Ft Myers - nice folks. I'll be on this cruise in Feb. and am looking for ways to make it really special for our 20th Anniv. We are not Elite so if you notice anything that might be special - please let me know.

Hopefully Andy won't be subjected to loud "Don't Cha Wish Your Girlfriend was Hot Like Me?" like they had in Trellis DR on Infinity one night on the transatlantic.:rolleyes:

Andy' date=' have a great cruise. Hopefully you'll be able to do that live blog and it's very kind of you to answer questions.

Enjoy yourself!:)[/quote']

Oh, I wondered what the noise was, but fortunately it was short lived during 1st sitting, as though the recording had got stuck.

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse this weekend. As always, I'm happy to answer your questions ! Depending on the Internet connection, I'm planning to offer "Live From", updates on this forum - as long as the Internet cooperates :)

I'm also trying something new ! I hope to share photos while onboard Eclipse, via my Wi-Fi camera - again, depending on the Internet. Unfortunately, the photos cannot be sent directly to our forum, so I will be posting them on my Twitter feed. If you wish to view the photos, please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy or click here for my page.

We are very excited to be onboard Eclipse again, and I'm looking forward to your questions. Thank You !

We will be on the Eclipse for the first time in January. Wondering if you coul send photo of the electrical outlets (110 USA). Want to bring a electric strip but know if my plug should be 2 or 3 prong.

In any case, have a great relaxing vacation. We always appreciate your comments, reviews and help

Ladyflatlander

We will be on the Eclipse for the first time in January. Wondering if you coul send photo of the electrical outlets (110 USA). Want to bring a electric strip but know if my plug should be 2 or 3 prong.

In any case, have a great relaxing vacation. We always appreciate your comments, reviews and help

Ladyflatlander

That photo has been published many times on Cruise Critic. Do a search and you will surely find it. The 110 outlets are 3-prong.

Hi Andy,

We hope you have a wonderful cruise and it's the best medicine to unwind for the next two weeks. Smooth sailing.

Andy, we are on the January 11th sailing of the Eclipse, if possible, can you find out if Perry Grant will be performing on that cruise? We simply love him.

Many thanks,

catalina56

Ladyflatlander

Hi Ladyflatlander,

As Happycrusier has stated, it's definitely a 3 prong outlet. Thank You for your kind comments. Much appreciated !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

I have your questions printed, and copied to my flash drive, so I have plenty of research ahead. Thankfully, a 2 week cruise should cover it :).

I'll try to reply to your questions while onboard. Depending on the internet, it may have to wait until I return home.

Thanks again for your very kind & heartwarming comments. I'd like to wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to You & Your families.

Hi Ladyflatlander,

As Happycrusier has stated, it's definitely a 3 prong outlet. Thank You for your kind comments. Much appreciated !

Eclipse has 2 US & 1 European Electrical socket.

My strip was plugged into the European socket and then I plugged UK sockets into that. That way, I didn't need to use so many travel adapters.

I have your questions printed, and copied to my flash drive, so I have plenty of research ahead. Thankfully, a 2 week cruise should cover it :).

I couldn't think of any questions. :rolleyes:

But, have a nice cruise. :)

Hi Everyone,

I'll try to reply to your questions while onboard. Depending on the internet, it may have to wait until I return home.

Thanks again for your very kind & heartwarming comments. I'd like to wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to You & Your families.

Happy cruising Host Andy!!! Best wishes to you and your family!!:):)

Have a great cruise Andy! 14 days on the Eclipse.. it will be sooooo nice!! Enjoy!

I miss the Eclipse big time! It's been a year already since I sailed on her.

I will be boarding her on Dec 14... I simply can't wait!

Out of curiosity... can you let me know once you find out who will be your cruise director?? Any comments if he/she is good?

We had Mike Gibbons last year and we loved him. We found him to be energetic and he really cared about our experience. I was sad when I realized that he was no longer with Celebrity and he is now with Disney. I am wondering what happened there!

Again... enjoy your cruise ;)