New Captain's Club Program

gimletgal

I doubt people are booking suites for reward points. The price difference is too great. Most people would book suites for the size of the cabin and the service. I can see why some would book Concierge if the price was close.

We book a suite for the size and service. For the difference in price I would book a CC or Aqua on a shorter, port intensive cruise and if not Elite+ could use the savings in the booking price to make up for the 10% discount on a beverage package.

Mary Lou

Possibly the confusion over kids getting credits is that everyone who lives in a household get the status (maybe even show the same number of points???) while living there. Kids who travel with their families get credits. If you cruise, you get credits. If you have them because of where you live, not because you cruised, when you move you lose them. At least that's how I understand it to work.

We are a family of four and have each had our own CC numbers for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

I doubt people are booking suites for reward points. The price difference is too great. Most people would book suites for the size of the cabin and the service. I can see why some would book Concierge if the price was close.

Completely agree with you. Suites are usually booked for their size.

We are a family of four and have each had our own CC numbers for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

And that would be appropriate for each family member who actually cruised. But if you had cruised more than your children and had higher status, I am pretty sure they would have been granted that higher status as long as they lived with you. Once they moved out, their points would be only those they earned by cruising. If that isn't how it worked, I'd like to know because that is how I understand it and I am always open to education.

And that would be appropriate for each family member who actually cruised. But if you had cruised more than your children and had higher status, I am pretty sure they would have been granted that higher status as long as they lived with you. Once they moved out, their points would be only those they earned by cruising. If that isn't how it worked, I'd like to know because that is how I understand it and I am always open to education.
There were a lot of complaints about a similar system on Royal Caribbean in the past when they gave everyone who lived at the same address the same loyalty level.

It became like a giant, self-perpetuating ponzi scheme as many "inherited" a loyalty level that had actually been earned by a former spouse or step-grandparent or other relative they had never even met.

We met some people on Royal Caribbean cruises who bragged that they had acquired their loyalty level from living with someone else who had the level because they previously lived with someone else who had taken the cruises.

They would joke saying things like: I only moved in with xxx to get her Diamond Plus level.

I heard some time back that Royal Caribbean was stopping that practice because of the rapid proliferation of Diamond members and above, but I really don't know.

Maybe some of the RCI regulars here will be more knowledgeable about the matter.

In our case we started cruising Celebrity when my son was 12. He was not allowed to join the Captain's Club until he turned 18.

Once he turned 18 he filled out the membership form and was given his own Captain's Club # and membership separate from ours.

All his past cruises were credited to his membership making him Select.

Hope I have explained it well.

Edited by CruisingChick

Not the case everybody earns their own points. My wife and I have different point levels and we definitely live in the same house.

My status and cruise history have disappeared. In general, I'm not disappointed with the conversion of the old points as I probably will have lost nothing if I come back as I expect. However, I have a cruise booked starting in 6 days. Based on my CC cabin level I will not get as many "points" as I would have under the old system (60 versus 35). The conversion is happening so close to my cruise I have no option to change or cancel. Not really fair. It would probably be fair to allow people already booked (and past final payment) to continue to accrue under the old system before conversion.

Had I known I would not get the same credit for CC I probably would have spent less on a regular veranda since it's an S Class ship. Again, not really very fair but then someone said 'life is not always fair'. Will definitely not be booking CC anymore unless it's M-Class. The differential is not really enough.

Feel the exact same way, as I only booked a C2 on the Silhouette to earn the tier credits and become elite after. Now, the bar moved so much that I'll need 3 sailings likely to become elite when previously it was planned to be 2. (a 3 pointer and a 2 pointer).

I book concierge class on M class ships for the size of the room. Don't book concierge on S class ships, I go for the big balcony. Actually, given a choice, I'd always book a corner FOV on M class. Fewer points but a fabulous cabin! So for me, it's not about the points but about the cabin and the balcony.

That's not correct under the new accrual system it's five points per day sailed in a concierge category. So a four night cruise would produce 20 points while a twelve night cruise would produce 60 points.

That was my point. 3 four day cruises is the same number of points as a 12 night cruise if both are in Concierge. No reason to take shorter cruises to get more points.

I book concierge class on M class ships for the size of the room. Don't book concierge on S class ships, I go for the big balcony. Actually, given a choice, I'd always book a corner FOV on M class. Fewer points but a fabulous cabin! So for me, it's not about the points but about the cabin and the balcony.

I agree, we've spent lots of time in FV cabins without worrying about the points.

Feel the exact same way, as I only booked a C2 on the Silhouette to earn the tier credits and become elite after. Now, the bar moved so much that I'll need 3 sailings likely to become elite when previously it was planned to be 2. (a 3 pointer and a 2 pointer).

With my previously booked cruises, I would have been Elite, now I will be 43 points short. This means I am at least one but possibly two or three cruises away. Not pleased for sure.:(