New Captain's Club Program

gimletgal

Currently, I am select with 5 points (150 with new system) upcoming Dec. 14, 5 night cruise in AQ--add 2 points, under current system. ( 5 points per night = 25 points with new system)

current..7 points

new......175 points

March 2014, 15 night TA in AQ, current 3 points ( 75 points with new system)

current..10 points (elite on next cruise)

new......250 points (still need 50 points for elite status)

We are scheduled for a Baltic cruise following the TA. We thought we would be Elite on this cruise. That was my reasoning behind taking the quick 5 nighter in Dec(to get the two points).

Show customer loyalty, be rewarded...not so much. Will wait for official Celebrity word, if that ever happens, but may rethink our cruising plans.(looking at a European river cruise during same time frame. March/April 2014)

Not the greatest timing, your just a little late.

If you did this same scenario last year you would have been Elite for the Baltic, but now with the new Captain Club program the older cruises DO have more value over the newer cruises.

Edited by Shake

Not complaining, but a little bummed. We just got off a 14 day cruise on Summit in Penthouse and apparently will only get 30 points instead of 18 X 14 or 252 points. Huge difference, would have helped on our journey to Zenith.....

Actually, you should get 90 points...30 for each point. Or am I reading everything wrong?

Well this is twice CC has cheated me when they switch systems. Time to start looking around again.

I understand how you feel, but do you really think you are being "cheated" when a program changes and they do not make things retroactive? Disappointed sure, but cheated seems a little over the top.

This was a CONVERSION not an attempt to recalculate old points to match the new system. I have yet to see any posts where someone lost an attained level and many people who were close to the next level got an adjustment so that they were at least approximately the same cruising effort away. Not perfect, but there had to be a line drawn and it was bound to make some people unhappy no matter where they drew it.

Hi folks. I have read all of the posts out here and have come up with the following "gathered information". This appears to be what the final new program will give us. :) (Subject to change, of course!)

New Captain’s Club Program – 11/25/2013 (?)

Preview Tier = 0 Points

Access to CC Loyalty Desk + CC newsletter

Classic = 2 – 149 Points

Access to CC Celebration event + onboard premium offers

Select = 150 – 299 Points

All benefits of Classic + discounted internet and laundry service specials

Elite = 300 – 749 Points

Includes complimentary internet & laundry services + CC cocktail hour Same as before if the complimentary internet is the 45 minute package (and this is per person, not cabin)

Elite Plus – 750 – 2999 Points

Includes additional beverage & specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200 minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more. From a post on another thread: 10% off beverage packages, 15% off specialty restaurants, 2 bags of free laundry per person

Zenith = 3,000 + Points

Includes complimentary beverage package, access to exclusive Michael’s Club Concierge lounge, complimentary laundry, priority seating in theater.

Ways to earn:

IN/OV – 2 pts. Per night

Veranda – 3 pts. Per night

CC/AQ – 5 pts. Per night

Sky/AQ/Century Suite – 8 pts. Per night

Celebrity, Signature, Royal suite – 12 pts. Per night

Reflection/Penthouse – 18 pts. Per night

Conversion from old program: 30 points given per existing cruise credit

Old program gave points as follows:

Sailing w/Celebrity = 1 point

Itinerary of 12+ nights = 1 point

Sailing in CC, AQ, or Suite = 1 point

Total credits available (each sailing) = 3 points

Old Tiers:

Classic = After 1st sailing

Select = 5 – 9 credits

Elite = 10 + credits

Not sure if this helps or just "muddles" the situation!

Great summary. Celebrity should use it as a template in their press release!

Some added details from a post on another thread and mostly confirmed in several others in various places.

There are still details that have not been made official such as if the nightly Elite cocktail hour in the lounge has been replaced with vouchers or otherwise changed to possibly having the Elite+ have the lounge benefit and Elite have vouchers.

And there will be a long list of things people will wish had been added. I, for one, wish they had added balcony/suite discounts like RCL does.

As in any change, there will be some people who definitely had some negative impact. There will be even more people who do not like the changes regardless of the actual impact. But overall, I think that Celebrity accomplished their goals:

• Modify the program so that it is more sustainable (slowing down growth of upper-level members)
  • Protect everyone's current attained level (I think they hit 100% on this one)
  • Adjust some people who were within a defined range of reaching the next tier level THAT EXISTED IN THE OLD PROGRAM (They will get criticized by those who just missed the cutoff, but it had to be drawn somewhere)
  • Restructured it so that people had some new goals (It was ludicrous that there was nothing after Elite with 10 points)

I am frankly amazed at the complaining. I don't even know how someone with 5 or less cruises could really think of themselves as "loyal" cruisers. Good grief, if they counted our cruises under the new point system, we'd be Zenith. Personally, I couldn't care less. The benefits for Captain's Club are nice to have but they sure aren't going to "make" my cruise.

I am frankly amazed at the complaining. I don't even know how someone with 5 or less cruises could really think of themselves as "loyal" cruisers. Good grief, if they counted our cruises under the new point system, we'd be Zenith. Personally, I couldn't care less. The benefits for Captain's Club are nice to have but they sure aren't going to "make" my cruise.

Right on!

So well said and people are threatening to cancel cruises or bummed they can't cancel cruises (within days of sailing) because they will miss out on some cheap perks...please, a few free drinks, internet minutes, and one small bag of laundry would make you cancel a well planned vacation? Bizarre to me but I guess each to their own...

How was I cheated?

Let's see first, the program didn't used to be free you had to pay to join and when the switched to free there was no consideration given to those of us who had paid.

Second, with the first change they decided there would be no extra credit for previous travel in suites.

Third, they have decided that I now have 300 points converting from the recent system. Using their new points method I should have 508.

So cheated? Yes several times.

I have read numerous posts from people who paid that said they were reimbursed with a ship board credit exceeding the amount they paid when they joined the original captains club. Also the program has always stated that it was subject to change at anytime. It changed, period. No one cheated anyone IMHO.

It's a free program be happy they have a program at all. Celebrity is still an excellent value without the Captains club perks enjoy your cruises.

I wondered how long it would take for the preachers and finger pointers to come out....not long

My status and cruise history have disappeared. In general, I'm not disappointed with the conversion of the old points as I probably will have lost nothing if I come back as I expect. However, I have a cruise booked starting in 6 days. Based on my CC cabin level I will not get as many "points" as I would have under the old system (60 versus 35). The conversion is happening so close to my cruise I have no option to change or cancel. Not really fair. It would probably be fair to allow people already booked (and past final payment) to continue to accrue under the old system before conversion.

Had I known I would not get the same credit for CC I probably would have spent less on a regular veranda since it's an S Class ship. Again, not really very fair but then someone said 'life is not always fair'. Will definitely not be booking CC anymore unless it's M-Class. The differential is not really enough.

It is unrealistic to think Celebrity is going to keep dual records for a free program. It has been rumored for months that this change was coming.

Sorry your booked cruise is so close and that you feel shorted by that. However it does in fact reinforce the reason change was necessary. To many people were leveraging short cruise to move up to elite. Celebrity could not afford to keep minting new Elites at that rate.

My status and cruise history have disappeared. In general, I'm not disappointed with the conversion of the old points as I probably will have lost nothing if I come back as I expect. However, I have a cruise booked starting in 6 days. Based on my CC cabin level I will not get as many "points" as I would have under the old system (60 versus 35). The conversion is happening so close to my cruise I have no option to change or cancel. Not really fair. It would probably be fair to allow people already booked (and past final payment) to continue to accrue under the old system before conversion.

Had I known I would not get the same credit for CC I probably would have spent less on a regular veranda since it's an S Class ship. Again, not really very fair but then someone said 'life is not always fair'. Will definitely not be booking CC anymore unless it's M-Class. The differential is not really enough.

Here is the counter point to your situation.

"Not complaining, but a little bummed. We just got off a 14 day cruise on Summit in Penthouse and apparently will only get 30 points instead of 18 X 14 or 252 points. Huge difference, would have helped on our journey to Zenith....."

Using your logic Celebrity should go back and give points to all suite guests because they would have earned them if the new program was in place.

Very well stated.

Those who threaten to move their business elsewhere seldom follow through.

A good friend once told me "you could give some people a check for $10,000 and they would complain they had to drive to the bank to cash it!"

So well said and people are threatening to cancel cruises or bummed they can't cancel cruises (within days of sailing) because they will miss out on some cheap perks...please, a few free drinks, internet minutes, and one small bag of laundry would make you cancel a well planned vacation? Bizarre to me but I guess each to their own...

We agree! :)

I clicked on sailing history - it shows for a fraction of a second then disappears so I quickly pressed print screen

mine says - existing 12 multiplied by 30 = 360

I was elite and still am

I got no 25 bonus that others have mentioned

You didn't need them as you are already Elite. They used bonus points for those folks who were one point short of the next level. They applied bonus points so that could move up to the next level on their next cruise using the new point system.

As you were already elite you didn't need the bonus points. It was just a nice gesture by Celebrity to cruisers who were close.

Will the days on a cruisetour give any points?

I doubt it. I assume those days are really not their "properties" they are really just passing on the cost of the outside suppliers to you, and probably taking some sort of commission too, but it's really somebody else's services on the cruise tours.