"Love in Any Language"

feathersandnananose

Just reading around ..... have they discontinued the disembarkation lecture AND the big crew-on-stage AND the song?

Having sailed several times, I never need to go for the information given, but I go for the crew and the song - I'm just a total sap for "Love in Any Language."

Is it gone? Boo hoo hoo......

Yes, sadly....

They no longer have disembarkation talk and, therefore, no more Love in Any Language. We really miss it. No cruise was complete for us until we heard it at least once on the tv while I was packing.

yes, it's gone. I didnt' go for the disembarkation talk but I always slipped down in time to clap for the crew and listen to that beautiful song.

HAL could probably make money playing their best performance on the TV and selling it later on DVD :)

Yes, sadly....

They no longer have disembarkation talk and, therefore, no more Love in Any Language. We really miss it. No cruise was complete for us until we heard it at least once on the tv while I was packing.

I miss it, too. We've only done 2 HAL cruises that had Love in Any Language on it. But I missed it on our recent Panama Canal cruise. :(

I'm happy I videoed it on both the cruises we had it on. The video isn't all that great, but I can watch and enjoy it.

Seems like they could still play it on the TV before and after the disembarkation information video. My November Noordam cruise was the first time in twenty years that I didn't hear that song. I really missed it and I told HAL so when I did my survey.

I can't find it ... but I "thought" someone posted that it was sung on the last night in the MDR.

The performers and room hosts and others did march through the MDR on the last night singing and clapping. But it wasn't Love in Any Language. It was some native song from the Philippines, I think. There was a little group of crew members (around 5 or 6) playing instruments in the little stage area while they all marched through. And that was it.

Not at all the same feeling.

Edited by Shmoo here

I can't find it ... but I "thought" someone posted that it was sung on the last night in the MDR.

The performers and room hosts and others did march through the MDR on the last night singing and clapping. But it wasn't Love in Any Language. It was some native song from the Philippines, I think. There was a little group of crew members (around 5 or 6) playing instruments in the little stage area while they all marched through. And that was it.

They sing the "Goodbye Song"......

Gulang, Gulang (sp ?)

We haven't been in MDR last night for about the last 25+ cruises. :)

That's a Pinnacle night for us.

Edited by sail7seas

Just reading around ..... have they discontinued the disembarkation lecture AND the big crew-on-stage AND the song?

Having sailed several times, I never need to go for the information given, but I go for the crew and the song - I'm just a total sap for "Love in Any Language."

Is it gone? Boo hoo hoo......

Boo hoo from me, too. This is the first I heard of this change... Why???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I know that this isn't the same...

but here is a link to a 2012 performance on the Eurodam.

thanks for the link. Sadly, that is not reminiscent of the performances we have seen. The crew came on and sang. They were not just behind the curtain and they were a much bigger part of the song. The bar staff/wine steward marched up with their huge bottle of champagne.

When the song ended, they walked out in single file while people cheered for them. At least those are the ones I saw and remember fondly :)

I guess we will just count ourselves lucky that we saw it.

thanks for the link. Sadly, that is not reminiscent of the performances we have seen. The crew came on and sang. They were not just behind the curtain and they were a much bigger part of the song. The bar staff/wine steward marched up with their huge bottle of champagne.

When the song ended, they walked out in single file while people cheered for them. At least those are the ones I saw and remember fondly :)

I guess we will just count ourselves lucky that we saw it.

Oh well. A shot in the dark...

Oh well. A shot in the dark...

NO shot in the dark my friend :) that's the song - just differently on this ship I guess :confused:

No biggie - it's still the music. thanks again for the link.

Yes, sadly....

I always loved that performance, will really miss it :(

I really, really miss that song and the opportunity to show the crew our appreciation. Very emotional every single time, for me.:o I wish they would do it at the end of the last show in the theatre. I certainly don't miss the corny disembarkation talk.;)

Gulang, Gulang (sp ?)

Gelang, Gelang ;)

Gelang sepaku gelang

Gelang sirama rama

Gelang sepaku gelang

Gelang sirama rama

Mari pulang marilah pulang

Marilah pulang ber sama sama

Mari pulang marilah pulang

Marilah pulang ber sama sama

Meaning:

Goodbye, Goodbye

Let's say goodbye together

Goodbye, Goodbye

'Till we meet again

Let's go home, Let's go home

Let's go home together

Let's go home, Let's go home

Let's go home together

Gulang, Gulang (sp ?)

Could it be a tamarind night for you sail if u r on Eurodam ?

As I am half-Indonesian and have seen this new song, I can attest that Gelang Sepatu Gelang, the song that the people in the Dining Room sing, is not Filipino, but Indonesian. Here is a short youtube video (of horrible quality video, but once it's through the intro you can hear the song and sing along...it's very catching).

Anyway, it's a beloved song in Indonesia and means something along the lines of "Until We Meet Again". It was always sung in the Dining Room on the last night anyway on our last several cruises with HAL over the years, but now it's the apparently replacement officially for the Love in Any Language moment. Now you can learn it and sing along at the top of your lungs, as my DH and I tend to do with much delight from our servers. :)