Does anyone enjoy the Diamond gift basket?

cruissett

I love seeing a little gift in our cabin but, Does anyone really eat & enjoy the cookies & sweet dried fruit in the diamond gift baskets? Just seems to me many are left behind or thrown away. Wouldn't nuts and even chips be more enjoyed.

It's a total waste in terms of what it is and the enjoyment or usefulness of what I get out of it. If it didn't snow up I wouldn't miss it at all.

In terms of effort and cost if they were to replace it with a second can of soda or bottled waters that would be way more useful to me.

Also, it's an amazing amount of waste/packing material for the small amount of stuff in there.

RCI should have a place on line in our profiles allowing us to sign up for the gift or opt out. I'd sign up.

A smaller little bag used to contain the items would be fine. I use the little box made from renewable, sustainable paper products but wouldn't miss it either. The food, I would miss.

RCI should have a place on line in our profiles allowing us to sign up for the gift or opt out. I'd sign up.

A smaller little bag used to contain the items would be fine. I use the little box made from renewable, sustainable paper products but wouldn't miss it either. The food, I would miss.

I would miss the two Coronas more than the food.:)

Gina....we'd opt in for the gift basket and beverages but would like the option to opt out of other "goodies" delivered to your cabin during the cruise like the cheese plate and cookie/petit four plate. Both are a nice gesture and appreciated but not necessary for us.

Gina....we'd opt in for the gift basket and beverages but would like the option to opt out of other "goodies" delivered to your cabin during the cruise like the cheese plate and cookie/petit four plate. Both are a nice gesture and appreciated but not necessary for us.

I haven't had any chef's amenity goodies delivered to the cabin on the last few cruises. I was wondering if they had cut them out:confused:

I haven't had any chef's amenity goodies delivered to the cabin on the last few cruises. I was wondering if they had cut them out:confused:

I did a 12 day in an owners suite this summer and I am Diamond Plus. I did not get the goodies delivered to the cabin at 4-5pm daily like used to be delivered. They must have eliminated that. I did not mind. If I want something, I can go to the concierge or Diamond lounge at 5. Seems redundant to send those little plates of goodies when you can just get the same food in the lounge anyway.

I love seeing a little gift in our cabin but, Does anyone really eat & enjoy the cookies & sweet dried fruit in the diamond gift baskets? Just seems to me many are left behind or thrown away. Wouldn't nuts and even chips be more enjoyed.

Can't please everyone. I'm sure someone will say that they don't like nuts and chips and rather have cookies and dried fruit. Personally speaking, I will eat anything !!!

Edited by Zigggypup

As I just became a lowly Diamond :rolleyes:, I haven't received that survey everyone is talking about. I'm surprised they didn't ask about the gift among any of the questions!

I personally enjoy seeing a little recognition of all my cruise dollars spent with the line. We definitely drink the soda (hubby) and water (me) and I usually pack up the cookies to snack on the plane ride home. Personally, I like dried fruit but hubs doesn't, so his usually gets left behind. Since we haven't taken our first cruise as D yet, I don't know what else is included... but that's what was in our baskets as Emerald folks.

I hadn't thought of using the little baskets for holding knick-knacks in the cabin, but I definitly will try this next cruise! (as a Diamond, finally!)

Ann

Kind of funny hearing people complain about the gifts. First off they aren't free any more than the food on-board is free. People used to complain about the pleather picture frames, water bottle holders, or the RC backpacks. Now those gave way to cookies. Seems those of you that dont want them will soon get you wish.

p.s. everything on-board is recycled so spare the indignation over the "wasted" cardboard they are delivered in.

Is there something in our crown and anchor accounts on rccl.com where we can put our gift preference as to which type of beverage we prefer? I wonder if they could do that with the little basket 1. cookies 2. potato chips/pretzels 3. candy

Not saying i"m not grateful either. I ususally eat the cookies but that's it. I hate seeing it wasted too :(

Is there something in our crown and anchor accounts on rccl.com where we can put our gift preference as to which type of beverage we prefer? I wonder if they could do that with the little basket 1. cookies 2. potato chips/pretzels 3. candy

Not saying i"m not grateful either. I ususally eat the cookies but that's it. I hate seeing it wasted too :(

Yes, under the Profile section, there's a Gift Preferences area where you can select the beverage type.

Never thought to use the overly large container (for what it's holding) for something else. Will have to try that next time. Normally I just hide it away somewhere as we don't like those snacks and forget about it.

We don't use the snacks either, give it to the room att. Would love 2 bottles of water instead though.

Appreciate the gift none the less.:) Just would be nice for an option to pick what you want, same as for amenities.

I think the box itself is adorable and useful! I always pack the snacks in my day bag to take on excursions, and have always been very happy to have them when that hunger pang eventually hits and we are no where near our next meal! ;) I would miss the gift if it wasn't there. I appreciate the gesture. Thank you RCCL! :D

It was mentioned by Gina that if 2 diamond members who are not related travel in a stateroom, they each get the gift basket. Why is it that a couple or 2 family members only get one? They are paying the same amount for the cabin whether they are family or friends.

My mom and I always enjoy the basket when we travel and what we don't eat on the ship we take home and eat there. We have only ever received one basket though, but sounds like we should be receiving two. We do not live together and we both have accounts. We do each receive a beverage.

I am like others one here that do not want Royal to think we don't appreciate the baskets cause we do! Please don't take them away!

Personally speaking, I will eat anything !!!

This made me laugh as I've been thinking that goes for me too.!!

I too, take the snacks for the plane ride home and they have been just fine. Royal-this family likes your gift to us!:)