Dockers Sent To Laundry ?

Has anyone sent Dockers pants to the ship's laundry ? I am trying to cut down on what we bring, but I am afraid from what I have read that the laundry will wash in hot water and dry on hot :eek:

Not sure if I want to subject my husbands pants to that treatment.

Anyone had a good ( or bad ) experience?

Jane

Yes they will be subjected to all of the above if you opt to use their laundry service...I wouldn't and would use the dry cleaning instead...Laundry is good for some items...not so much for others.

Yes they will be subjected to all of the above if you opt to use their laundry service...I wouldn't and would use the dry cleaning instead...Laundry is good for some items...not so much for others.

Agree, send anything you are concerned about out to be dry cleaned. Laundry is fine for workout clothes, socks, underwear, t shirts, nightgowns, & maybe jeans, but I would avoid it for slacks, blouses and such.

We sent one of hubby's cotton shirts...it didn't shrink, and was ironed PERFECTLY! Better than new! However, I also sent a "crinkle, gauzy' dress, which should not have been ironed...and they ironed out every single crinkle, which made the dress about 3 times larger than it started! Ruined the dress.

I wouldn't worry about men's pants...they do a good job on regular clothing.

We sent one of hubby's cotton shirts...it didn't shrink, and was ironed PERFECTLY! Better than new! However, I also sent a "crinkle, gauzy' dress, which should not have been ironed...and they ironed out every single crinkle, which made the dress about 3 times larger than it started! Ruined the dress.

I wouldn't worry about men's pants...they do a good job on regular clothing.

Perhaps I misunderstand...laundry aka wash-n-fold...ironed something...:confused:...I thought only dry cleaned items were :confused:

We use the wash and fold every cruise with Royal. We send anything we normally wash and dry at home. Anything I would hang dry or wash on delicate we use dry cleaning or wait till we get home. Never had anything ruined.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Has anyone sent Dockers pants to the ship's laundry ? I am trying to cut down on what we bring, but I am afraid from what I have read that the laundry will wash in hot water and dry on hot :eek:

Jane

Had a bad experience like last year on the Oasis,,everything came back so wrinkled,,complete waste of money,,I wouldn't do it,,they use really hot water and hot dryer..:eek:

Jane

Hi Jane

Send them to be dry cleaned on the ship, safer bet.

Laurie

Thank you all for your replies - I think I will err on the side of caution and have them dry cleaned :)

Jane

Send things to the regular laundry - think they are treated better than "wash ands dry" bag. Dry cleaning costs are less than what I pay at home and very quick. A few dollars might be worth the hassle of paying for and lugging an extra suitcase.

There is the "wash and fold" bag and there is regular laundry services and finally dry cleaning. Wash and fold is what we use for undies, socks, sweaty t-shirts, etc. Laundry would be a pair of khaki slacks or dockers, a knit skirt or dress shirt. We wash a swimsuit out and hang it on the chair out on the balcony to dry. It's not just a matter of extra luggage fees. Some of us who look perfectly healthy but have some physical limitations with respect to lugging multiple pieces of luggage through airports or in foreign countries where there are sometimes uneven streets or faulty elevators. For me, it's a part of the expense of cruising to have a few things laundered on the ship. I'd rather pay a laundry fee than the extra luggage fee, allowing me to be self-sufficient. They've always done a great job with everything we've sent them. We always carry a travel size Downey Wrinkle Release. Best travel item we've ever found.

Send things to the regular laundry - think they are treated better than "wash ands dry" bag. Dry cleaning costs are less than what I pay at home and very quick. A few dollars might be worth the hassle of paying for and lugging an extra suitcase.

I agree with the above. When I send things through the regular laundry, I include special instructions as to water and drying temp and have never had an item shrink.

The wash-and-fold bag does not list pants in the allowed items. Shorts--yes, regular pants--no. We sent a bag on our TA. T-shirts, undies, socks, Pjs, jean shorts. They came back in 1 day and were nicely folded. It was worth it.

They say if you put other things in the bag they will charge you the regular laundry rate. for those items.

I personally would not send anything through the ships laundry unless it is a t-shirt. We have had too many things ruined. It is worth it to us to pay for additional luggage.

I agree

Had elastic in two pairs of pants

melt or deteriorate

Ran into this issue during our 12 night cruise. I don't put any of my pants (jeans included) in the dryer at home. I hang them in my laundry room. During this cruise I had to have pants cleaned so I sent all my pants and jeans and had them dry cleaned. Everything came out okay.

The one time we sent dry clean only clothes down (with explicit instructions that they had to be dry cleaned) they washed everything instead, and ruined several of DW's very expensive dresses.:mad:
Actually cheaper than my dry cleaning at home! However did have a nice pair of Zanella dress pants that should have been dry cleaned ruined because they mistakenly washed them. Long story short RCL credited my seapass account 345.00 for the dress pants, had a bottle of wine in our Suite also for the mistake. First and only time in almost 40 cruises with RCL that we had an issue.....K.O.....:)