2014 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

OceanDreaming2

Sorry' date=' Hugo will be going on vacation in just a few days. We'll be on Breakaway tomorrow so will be lucky to see him!

Prem is taking over as HD. We are also looking forward to seeing him![/quote']

Hey, Barb! Hugo told me he would still be there for our CTN this weekend! Did his plans change???

I will be on the Dawn the first week in March. Found out from the pre-cruise concierge that Patrick will be the concierge aboard during that time. Have read both good and not so good posts about him. Anyone else have an opinion? I would sure like to hear it. Thank you!

I will be on the Dawn the first week in March. Found out from the pre-cruise concierge that Patrick will be the concierge aboard during that time. Have read both good and not so good posts about him. Anyone else have an opinion? I would sure like to hear it. Thank you!

Had Patrick a couple times. Excellent concierge. Very humble. Ask and you shall receive. Don't be shy, he wants to assist any way he can.

Since the Getaway is now officially a part of the fleet, let's start with her officers:

• Hotel Director – Sean Wurmhoeringer
  • Asst. Hotel Director – Errol Nelson
  • F&B Director – Martin Ivanov
  • Executive Chef – Anil Chinthapattla
  • Restaurant Manager – Deepak Gonsalves
  • Bar Manager – Jose Contreras
  • Executive HouseKeeper - Marites Sonza
  • Guest Service Manager – Jocel Guzman
  • Cruise Director – Julie Valeriote

Captains: Rune Myre and Tommy Stensrud will alternate.

Capt. Rune Myre was the captain on the transatlantic cruise to New York, but I know that captain Stensrud joined him in New York January 26th to start working on the Getaway as well....

Personally I have been on 15 NCL cruises so far, but have never had Rune Myre as captain. But I have done 4 cruises with capt. Tommy Stensrud as captain, and so far he is my favorite NCL captain. Very friendly and laid back, and very often walking around the ship and talking to passengers. :)

Hey,

currently on the Spirit: Captain Kim Karlsson, HD Orazio Caci and CD Gio Artavia.

Happy Weekend :-)!

HD Orazio Caci left the Spirit on January 6th to work 2 months on the Gem, and after that he didn't know what ship he would be "send" to....

Had Patrick a couple times. Excellent concierge. Very humble. Ask and you shall receive. Don't be shy, he wants to assist any way he can.

Totally agree! We have enjoyed our cruises with Patrick and look forward to sailing with him again.

Pat

I am told that Virginia will be our concierge on the Jewel. We sail on January 26

Looking for the officers that were there on the Jan. 19th-26th sailing. Was the best crew I ever sailed with and just can't remember all their names. The only one I can remember, because he gave us so much attention, was Messiah Ratzinger from Bavaria, head of bar/beverages (I think). He was always with a cute blond guy who was always checking on us in the restaurants.

Just back from the Dawn. January 19-26, 2014.

Captain...Martin Holmqvist

Hotel Director...Sarper Suner

Executive Chef...Peter Costa

Restaurant manager...Ali Sahin

Executive Housekeeper...Carmencita Reid

Cruise Director...Paul Chandller Burns

Guest Service Manager...Ray Espina

Beverage Manager...Norman Anderson

Cruise Consultant Manager...Sherry Mckeawn

Concierge...Patrick Berido

Butler...Akhmad Mosleh (this is just one I think there are 7)

Group Service Coordinator...May Manset

Any questions I can try to answer.

Norma

Edited by NJLVW

Maiden Crossing of The Getaway 16 January-26 January 2014:

Hotel Director: Sean Wurmhoeringer

AHD: Errol Nelson

Food and Beverage: Martin Invanov

Restaurant Manager: Deepak Gonsalves

Executive Chef: Anil Kumar

Beverage Manager: Jose Contreras

Executive Housekeeper: Tek Sonza

Guest Services: Jocel Guzman

Cruise Director: Julie Valeriote

Staff changes will begin on the 8th of February and continue through the end of March.

Maiden Crossing of The Getaway 16 January-26 January 2014:

Hotel Director: Sean Wurmhoeringer

AHD: Errol Nelson

Food and Beverage: Martin Invanov

Restaurant Manager: Deepak Gonsalves

Executive Chef: Anil Kumar

Beverage Manager: Jose Contreras

Executive Housekeeper: Tek Sonza

Guest Services: Jocel Guzman

Cruise Director: Julie Valeriote

Staff changes will begin on the 8th of February and continue through the end of March.

Sean will be there until 4/5/14 then vacation

Do you know if after his vacation he will return to Getaway, or is there any chance he will go back to Breakway (we are sailing BA in June wishing he will be back on board)?

Thanks.

As of now the plan is back to Getaway sometime in June

How long will Patrick be there? we are sailing in April. How was your experience with him? Have not heard much about him. Thanks

Sorry I did not inquire from Patrick how long he would be on the Dawn. He was a really nice man. Quiet and laid back. It was his first week back on the Dawn. I think he may be still feeling his way around. He was a little different then all the other concierges I have had but again very nice just I found him verty pleasant just quiet. I didn't get to know him as I have most others. If I needed something I would call him. For the most part everything I asked for was done. :) I just don't ask for much. :)

I think I am just so used to the concierge coming to see me, sitting down having a conversation, getting to know one another even though it is only for a week, checking on how everything is, that me having to seek him out was quite different. My expectations were high. I think each and every concierge is different and this is his way. I have had worse and I have had better. I had a great cruise and like I said whatever I needed if I asked I received.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Hi Barb - you may remember me from Norwegian Dawn and Epic a few years ago

Have a great cruise on Breakaway, especially with Hugo (have not sailed with Prem, so cannot comment).

Could you try and find out the reason for the recent mid-cruise captain switch?

Ursula

Hello there!

Of course, I remember you - you had an extended stay on Epic as I recall.

Something came up for a few days that caused Captain Hakan Svedung to be off the ship. He came right back on. I was surprised (we've sailed with him before) because I had read here just before the cruise that he had gone on vacation. Not so. He did a great job - such a smooth sailing both ways to the Caribbean which is certainly not usually the case!

Hope to see you again!

Hey, Barb! Hugo told me he would still be there for our CTN this weekend! Did his plans change???

If those were the original plans, then definitely changed as Prem took over as HD as I'm sure you're finding out on the 2 nighter.;)

Hugo was due for a well-deserved vacation and got off during our cruise.

If those were the original plans' date=' then definitely changed as Prem took over as HD as I'm sure you're finding out on the 2 nighter.;)

Hugo was due for a well-deserved vacation and got off during our cruise.[/quote']

Hey Barb

Welcome home...Did Hugo mention when he would be back??