Speaking of bathrobes..

magandab

Weren't we?

With all of the, um, strong opinions for and against wearing the provided bathrobe outside of one's cabin, I thought I'd share that on my cruise last month on the Zuiderdam there was a bingo game on a sea day that was a "bathrobe" game. If you came to play in your bathrobe you got a free extra card. Apparently HAL isn't as against robes seeing the light of day as are some who post here.:D

Weren't we?

With all of the, um, strong opinions for and against wearing the provided bathrobe outside of one's cabin, I thought I'd share that on my cruise last month on the Zuiderdam there was a bingo game on a sea day that was a "bathrobe" game. If you came to play in your bathrobe you got a free extra card. Apparently HAL isn't as against robes seeing the light of day as are some who post here.:D

I've seen that played and a good time was had by all;)

There is usually a 'bathrobe bingo" on most cruise I have been on.

I just carry my bathrobe and put it on when I get for my card:D yup, I want that extra card.

It's kind of an inside joke aimed at those that wear them elsewhere - at least that is what I heard on one cruise :)

Back in the "good old days" so many on CC speak so highly of, on most of my cruises there was Pajama Bingo, with a free extra card for those so dressed. This was in the days when Bingo was much more popular on cruises, and for Pajama Bingo days it was particularly popular.

I could clear the room if I were to wear my robe to BINGO. I don't use the HAL robe; I bring my own red slinky robe. ;)

I am so disappointed. I figured your robe would be chocolate - or at the very least chocolate coloured :D

Weren't we?

They had one of the bathrobe bingo sessions on our last Zuiderdam cruise, too. My DH just carried his there, as did many people, I understand. I didn't go..... only because I don't play bingo. :D

Weren't we?

The main problem w wearing bathrobes outside of the room which I agree should be unacceptable is what is under or not under the bathrobe.

DON

Weren't we?

Cute!!

I could clear the room if I were to wear my robe to BINGO. I don't use the HAL robe; I bring my own red slinky robe. ;)

Ruth,

You always make me smile, thank you for your posts. You are not only informed but have a wonderful sense of humor. With all the cruises you do I hope I have the privilege to meet you some day.

Sandy:)

While I feel that bathrobes are better suited to private rooms, or maybe even the pool or spa areas, there was a guy on our Panama Canal cruise that I think should have something more than just his speedo and sun hat on during the canal transit day.