"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Lisa.....They usually give you a list of your coupons in your cabin. It's hard to find sometimes because it is on the back of something else and most people don't realize it's there.

Yes... We kept the list handy and crossed off the items as we used them.

Loving your live review!

On our Legend cruise last month, several times when asking to use a "coupon" at a bar, we were told, "You already used that one" and I would say, "No, I actually have not." The bartender would push some buttons on his terminal and then say "Oh, OK," and proceed to apply the proper discount. This happened at least three times on both my card and my wife's.

This was somewhat annoying.

Edited by telecruiser

Lisa...so glad you and Walt are feeling better.....thanks again for the tremendous pictures and reviews and comments.....it's been wonderful....we board her Feb. 3rd...and can't wait....but hope all the 'illnesses' have gone by then.....

Actually, we have great friends also from Ontario, Canada, who just booked the Royal Suite for her tomorrow.....they booked 2 nights ago....but they winter in Tampa....so no flights involved....I've warned them to bring disinfectants....:D.

Cheers to you both....enjoy your life back on land...and all future cruises.....we hope to meet on the high seas.

Loie and Peter

Lisa and Walt thank you again for allowing us a look into your cruise. Could you comment on the motion of the ship. I have read some reviews that the Legend bounces like a cork. We have been on the Grandeur a couple times and don't remember it being that bad. Thanks again and have a safe trip home.

Lisa.....They usually give you a list of your coupons in your cabin. It's hard to find sometimes because it is on the back of something else and most people don't realize it's there.

List arrives on day one. I brought lots of magnets and posted the list and my itinerary + any invitations I wanted to accept on the wall next to the bed and kept my yellow highlighter and a pen on my night stand so I could check off used amenities. When I first got the list I put a star by the items I thought I would want to use.

Susan

Lisa and Walt thank you again for allowing us a look into your cruise. Could you comment on the motion of the ship. I have read some reviews that the Legend bounces like a cork. We have been on the Grandeur a couple times and don't remember it being that bad. Thanks again and have a safe trip home.

We were on Legend for the transatlantic this past October, and I'd say it would be tough to tell the difference in ship motion from Voyager class.

We were on Legend for the transatlantic this past October, and I'd say it would be tough to tell the difference in ship motion from Voyager class.

Thanks Bob...and I'm thinking it will depend on the motion of the ocean a lot. One week can be flat seas and the next can have lots of motion.

Happy homecoming to you both and glad you had a great time even though you were unwell for some of it. Thanks for taking time out to do your awesome reviews!

Lisa you say that the 2nd formal night was ...3rd sea day. So second formal day is on day 9? Is there only the two formal nights because we were expecting to have three with it being an 11 night cruise?

Have loved reading all your reviews, as we are on the 24th Feb sailing, and all your info is a great help. We are booked in for MTD but might consider swopping to fixed after your comments!

Thanks again for all the info and photos, you looked stunning in your dresses.

Sue

Lisa & Walt....Welcome home and thank you for taking us along with you on your adventures. I'm so glad you are both feeling better, and I hope you have a safe and easy drive home. Your "live" review was wonderful, and I loved all the pics--especially your wardrobe!

We made it out of the terminal by 7:15...one of the first off the ship. Now we are in the car heading to Savannah.

Lisa and Walt

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for allowing us to sail along with you for the past 11 days. We were on Legend the 10 days prior sailing. We felt that several items were not up to the RCI standards on Legend. However the wonderful itinerary and staff/entertainment made for a pleasurable cruise.

Safe travels

Today is the big day…it’s my birthday! My birthday gift from Walt was the Trike Aruba Tour and wow!

P1160013_zpsb7a67b6b.jpg

But first things first. We were able to disembark at 10am and we did not need to leave for our tour until 1pm. So , we got off the ship and ran the gauntlet of independent tours to get into town. We did a little shopping at the shacks and then wandered over to The Paddock for lunch. The Paddock is the cow print building on the marina across from the ships on the marina. There are fantastic photo opportunities from the restaurant. We had a nice lunch and took pictures.

P1160021_zpsdcde8161.jpg

After lunch we found a sidewalk that runs behind the Renaissance Hotel along the waterfront. We found that there are hundreds of iguanas living on the rocks and the property. We even stumbled upon their mid-day snack.

P1160050_zpsd5f3143f.jpg

Since it was getting close to 1pm, we headed back to the port to catch a cab with Kayter and friends to Trikes Aruba. This was an incredible 3 hour tour of the island. I highly recommend it even if you have never ridden a motorcycle. Walt has never driven one, but Michael Angelo taught him how to do and we are alive to tell the tale. There were 4 stops along the way so everyone had a chance to follow our guides. Oh, and our guides took pictures from the lead trike and those pictures will be posted on the Trikes-Aruba facebook page tomorrow. If you are looking for something different to do in Aruba, then you should consider this tour.

P1160057_zps4cf764bf.jpg

P1160098_zps38d149c0.jpg

Well, I must get ready for our dinner at Izumi tonight…more tomorrow.

Lisa and Walt

Happy belated birthday and thanks guys for sharing your cruise with us! Love the pic of the motorcycle/trike off the both of you! Can't wait to try that tour next trip to Aruba!:)...K.O.

Yes, Park West Galleries is back on RCI. They were on our Vision b2b in June.

Art on Royal, which replaced PW, did not bring in the revenue as expected, so they went back to PW.

On our Legend Jan.3 cruise, Park West did seem more low key on board than their previous stint with Royal's ships. The pictures are displayed fairly prominently in areas all over the ship.

Remember the days when the auctions were held in the Centrum on Vision class ships and the auctioneer and the gavel rapping on the podium could be heard all the ship for what seemed hours every afternoon! The auctions were held in Anchors Aweigh Lounge which is really very out of the way. Never heard a peep out of the auctions unless you went there specifically.

We made it out of the terminal by 7:15...one of the first off the ship. Now we are in the car heading to Savannah.

Lisa and Walt

Welcome back! Have a safe drive home. So enjoyed your live review and pictures. Loved your dress up pics. You are encouraging my WW journey. My goal is to look as great as you do by our next cruise in May. :)

Glad you and Walt are on the mend.

Lisa, Walt, we miss you already. Just got back from our round trip on and off the ship. Apparently there are/were several folks with the "virus". One of the dancers, and others. They are sanitizing the ship. I do not think it was a major problem. Only one with norovirus I met was in the CL and the doctor gave him a shot in the butt, and kept him in the room for two days. Other than that I heard of a few folks with flu. So I am hoping it will be no big problem.

There are several issues I will post. Some good, bad, and indifferent. Bottom line is we had a great cruise. However, I would have not booked this size ship again as a preference, and definitely not b2b. Again my preference.

Joyce and I had a ball with you. We would like to book again with you. What a great attitude from two that were sick. You both made the most out of the cruise. Have a very safe trip back. I cannot believe how cold it is. That makes the next cruise feel even warmer. Your new friends Harry. &. Joyce

Edited by tallcva3344

Dick and Jane, we bought the $99 plan which is 48 cents a minute. I typed everything in Word before logging on. Most of my internet time was used uploading photos. I read all the posts offline as well. This weekend I will post my overall impressions on the ship and itinerary.

Lisa and Walt