Conflicting Information

cruisinforabruising

So I called celebrity and gentleman that I spoke to said a few of things that conflict with a lot of things written on these forums.

1. The website is incorrect for both premium and classic. It should be 5 dollars for beer and not six. Also, it should be 12 dollars for premium not 13.

2. If you get your classic beverage package through the 1-2-3 program you will not be allowed to upgrade after the end of the promotion either by phone or on the ship. So if you are like me and my cruise is in march I will not be able to upgrade while on board. This makes absolutely no sense because I have read any bartender can upgrade you so how will they be able to tell if you are on that promotion.

3. If you have the 1-2-3 package if 1 person upgrades in your stateroom you both do.

By the way I waited over 30 minutes to speak to somebody and his tone of voice was so rude.

So I called celebrity and gentleman that I spoke to said a few of things that conflict with a lot of things written on these forums.

1. The website is incorrect for both premium and classic. It should be 5 dollars for beer and not six. Also, it should be 12 dollars for premium not 13.

2. If you get your classic beverage package through the 1-2-3 program you will not be allowed to upgrade after the end of the promotion either by phone or on the ship. So if you are like me and my cruise is in march I will not be able to upgrade while on board. This makes absolutely no sense because I have read any bartender can upgrade you so how will they be able to tell if you are on that promotion.

3. If you have the 1-2-3 package if 1 person upgrades in your stateroom you both do.

By the way I waited over 30 minutes to speak to somebody and his tone of voice was so rude.

Most of this is incorrect. I am booked on the Equinox on Jan 31. My wife and I received the Classic drink package thru the 123 promotion.

1. I already upgraded to the premium package.

2. I did it just for myself and not for my wife.

Also, Im not sure where u see $13 for premium and $6 beer. The site clearly states $12 & $5

Also, you can upgrade onboard but the price will be higher

Edited by brady19

I thought it was the same price to upgrade whether before cruise or while onboard? I was going to wait because my Dh will not upgrade and I will. I have heard that you can not upgrade just one before , only on board. Anyone know for sure?

I thought it was the same price to upgrade whether before cruise or while onboard? I was going to wait because my Dh will not upgrade and I will. I have heard that you can not upgrade just one before , only on board. Anyone know for sure?

I upgraded just one before

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I upgraded just one before

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Two weeks ago it was more to upgeade once on board the Reflection

Call back and ask the same questions again. Answers you get from celebrity reps on the phone are often guesses...they seem to have no idea of what happens on a ship.

I called back and got completely different answers

1. The website is correct it is 6 and 13 dollars for the classic and premium prices. I did however hear him read to himself a document stating that the prices where adjusted to reflect new bar prices

2. You can upgrade onboard however it is more expensive by 5-10 dollars per day

3. You can upgrade just 1 person at a time over the phone. The rep even tried to do it and gave me the option of who I wanted to upgrade.

At least this guy had something to read off of and much more pleasant than the last person. Hope this adds to the confusion :)

I called back and got completely different answers

1. The website is correct it is 6 and 13 dollars for the classic and premium prices. I did however hear him read to himself a document stating that the prices where adjusted to reflect new bar prices

2. You can upgrade onboard however it is more expensive by 5-10 dollars per day

3. You can upgrade just 1 person at a time over the phone. The rep even tried to do it and gave me the option of who I wanted to upgrade.

At least this guy had something to read off of and much more pleasant than the last person. Hope this adds to the confusion :)

I can tell you unless something has changed in the last few weeks it is the sam price to upgrade onboard ($11.50/day) including service charges. There are signs (Constellation) at the bars stating this. We upgraded 1 package in advance, not knowing that the other package would not be able to pay the difference from the $8 drink to more expensive ones when it went over. When we found this out, the other was upgrade on board, at the bar. They had a table set-up with the sign stating the price. The sign and upgrade ability was set-up the entire cruise.

In my experience, if you just say you were told this was possible ($11.50 upgrade on board) the onboard staff would honor it, as it certainly has been the price.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Just off Reflection New Year's Eve cruise. Got the free classic package for 2 for booking early. On board I upgraded to Premium for $80.50 (11.50 per day including tips). Wife did not upgrade. Was told $12 limit and I held to that figure but really there is not many drinks over that amount. The bartender at the Molecular Bar did it for me on the first day. According to my bill I drank 50 drinks and she drank 25. I think we got a good deal on this. The first day I drank up my $80 worth so it was free drinking after that. Deal not good on specials like a BOGO. It is good on the special drink of the day.

Just off Reflection New Year's Eve cruise. Got the free classic package for 2 for booking early. On board I upgraded to Premium for $80.50 (11.50 per day including tips). Wife did not upgrade. Was told $12 limit and I held to that figure but really there is not many drinks over that amount. The bartender at the Molecular Bar did it for me on the first day. According to my bill I drank 50 drinks and she drank 25. I think we got a good deal on this. The first day I drank up my $80 worth so it was free drinking after that. Deal not good on specials like a BOGO. It is good on the special drink of the day.

Were the drinks of the day ever included in the Classic package or just Premium?

Were the drinks of the day ever included in the Classic package or just Premium?

Drinks of the day will be covered under the classic as long as they are not in a souvenir glass. Which you can order without the glass.

My recent experiences of dealing with Azamara UK, part of RCI, have lead me to have zero confidence in anything they say, so I don't bother.

CC members are more knowledgeable than most shore-based personnel.

Of course, the on-board product is altogether different, like chalk and cheese.

For the last time, to upgrade from classic to preminum is $11.50 per day inc luding tip. Where do peeps come up with $5 to $10 a day more if done on board. Show me. It costs more to buy a pkg on board then b/4 u cruise. Must be purchased 4 days b/4 cruise.

Is this what you are looking for...from Celebrity web site

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise. See the savings here. *Starting from: 54.00 USD Per NIGHT

For the last time, to upgrade from classic to preminum is $11.50 per day inc luding tip. Where do peeps come up with $5 to $10 a day more if done on board. Show me. It costs more to buy a pkg on board then b/4 u cruise. Must be purchased 4 days b/4 cruise.

I think it is clear that it is only $11.50 per day including tip if you upgrade from the free classic to premium whether it is on board or in advance. This is in the terms of the 123 Promo.

If you buy a classic package it might be more to upgrade on board since they have different prices when you purchas it advance.

This is probably leading to some confusion.

I think it is clear that it is only $11.50 per day including tip if you upgrade from the free classic to premium whether it is on board or in advance. This is in the terms of the 123 Promo.

If you buy a classic package it might be more to upgrade on board since they have different prices when you purchas it advance.

This is probably leading to some confusion.

Its only more on board if you DO NOT have a classic package before you step on the ship. If you planning on buying on board then both packages cost more.

If you have a classic package prior to boarding either by a package or if you purchased it on your own, and you want to upgrade on board, then its $10 + $1.50 service charge per day for $11.50per day per person this is the same as calling in advance to upgrade. BOTH do not need to upgrade prior or while on board.

Simple and easy. I don't know why people make this sound so difficult.

They need to have a sticky in this forum just for the drink packages FAQ. :)

Edited by Bosjoe