New Pool Towel Policy....Working Well

PJADS

Just off Oasis Jan. 11th. Loved not having to show a seapass to receive a pool towel. Must admit, I used more than 1 on a few days. Royal collects them on Labadee and on the ship, as you return. ( just toss them in a laundry bin.) Who has room in luggage to take them home????? Not many.

Thanks for posting. Good to hear about being collected on Labadee and bins on board the ship as you return.

Thanks that is great. It will be good to not carry the wet sandy towel through the security area getting back on the ship at Labadee. when there are two ships there is is a mob scene.

I am just off Freedom. I agree that it is very convenient, however the downside is that many people are too lazy to drop the towels in the bins as they leave the pool deck and just leave the towels on the chairs giving the appearance that the chairs are taken. Add that to the chair hogs and it could become an issue.

Chris

I am just off Freedom. I agree that it is very convenient, however the downside is that many people are too lazy to drop the towels in the bins as they leave the pool deck and just leave the towels on the chairs giving the appearance that the chairs are taken. Add that to the chair hogs and it could become an issue.

Chris

Yes, I was just on the Indy and saw this very thing happen. The pool

attendants need to be much more aggressive. Too many towels

on empty chairs for hours.

Chris

Then you can feel much better about helping out by taking them to the bins yourself.

;) :D

Yes, I was just on the Indy and saw this very thing happen. The pool

attendants need to be much more aggressive. Too many towels

on empty chairs for hours.

Actually, it makes it easier - after 30 min I will move them or have an attendant move them. I was always reluctant to remove someone's towels as I knew they may be charged for them- not anymore!

Actually, it makes it easier - after 30 min I will move them or have an attendant move them. I was always reluctant to remove someone's towels as I knew they may be charged for them- not anymore!

Totally agree with this. I'm hoping for a big ripple effect on the chair hog issue. Hopefully the staff that spent their time swiping sea pass cards for towels will now have time to monitor the pool deck more vigilantly for chair hog abusers.

Totally agree with this. I'm hoping for a big ripple effect on the chair hog issue. Hopefully the staff that spent their time swiping sea pass cards for towels will now have time to monitor the pool deck more vigilantly for chair hog abusers.

Better yet, don't let chair hogs be an "issue" for you. Need chairs? Ask a staff member to find some for you. I've never failed to get chairs when I asked.

The "chair hog" nonsense is just that, nonsense. People seem to love to care about how others are behaving rather than simply enjoying themselves....

I wish they would do what they Sheraton in waikiki does. They walk around every 30 minutes and put a note on the towels saying they'll be removed at X time (they allowed two hours).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Picturing little notes blowing all over the deck....

Seriously, there is NO problem with this. See a chair not being used? Grab it! Don't want to worry about a confrontation? Ask one of the pool staffers.

Just off Oasis Jan. 11th. Loved not having to show a seapass to receive a pool towel. Must admit, I used more than 1 on a few days. Royal collects them on Labadee and on the ship, as you return. ( just toss them in a laundry bin.) Who has room in luggage to take them home????? Not many.

That's the one thing that Carnival does that makes sense. Gathering the towels as you ente the ship after a stop. It probably saves the room stewards a ton of work when people get back to the room and shake all that sand out in their rooms.

Then you can feel much better about helping out by taking them to the bins yourself.

;) :D

Agree, this is simply solved, remove towels, much easier now that the person isn't on the hook for $25 bucks! Use the chair, and if someone returns, apologize profusely, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea this was your chair since no one had been here for the last hour (2, 3 hours). :rolleyes: I also use "saved " chairs and if the "saver" says, "I'm saving that for X", I always say "oh, no problem, I'll be happy to go the minute X shows up" If you say these things in your truly sweetest voice, as if this is the most ordinary thing in the world, it works every time.

I've only ever had to say it once, when a couple in their street clothing came by and though the lady and her husband were a bit surprised- the next thing they said was "that's ok, stay, we just had breakfast and now we have to change into bathing suits and won't be back for an hour":eek:

Most times the person either never comes back or must come have back long after I'm gone. If everyone just used chairs exactly when they needed them, there would always be chairs!:D

Just off of the Legend. Really liked RCCL going back to a no check out / no charge for towel system. Mentioned to a staff person to have a bin for towels as passengers come back from excursions. Appreciated the suggestion. Upon returning from excursion, there sat a bin and one was there every day there after. Loved not having to drag our towels to the room when returning from an excursion and dragging part of the beach back to the room as well. ;)

I wish they would do what they Sheraton in waikiki does. They walk around every 30 minutes and put a note on the towels saying they'll be removed at X time (they allowed two hours).

That was exactly what I saw an attendant doing on the Allure a few weeks ago for the New Years cruise. Not sure what the time limit was, but it was clear that it was a warning that the towels would be removed soon. [note: this cruise still had the "old" $25 charge per towel process] Seemed to be working/helping, as finding chairs on the Allure seemed easier than my prior experiences on the Freedom and Independence.