Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I believe I read that they are converting Boleros into the R Bar on Majesty. Her Majesty is a very profitable ship in the fleet for the company. With Pullmantr not ready to take on another ship (as they did with Monarch from Royal), Her Majesty can remain in the fleet a little longer and with a few enhancements get a breath of fresh air and more enjoyment by cruisers.

Thanks! You're right, I read that also!

I believe I read that they are converting Boleros into the R Bar on Majesty. Her Majesty is a very profitable ship in the fleet for the company. With Pullmantr not ready to take on another ship (as they did with Monarch from Royal), Her Majesty can remain in the fleet a little longer and with a few enhancements get a breath of fresh air and more enjoyment by cruisers.

The expression that was used by a senior executive that I had met socially was that Her Majesty is a cash cow for the corporation. Spending a few dollars to 'doll her up' a little is a good short term investment. No matter what they need to do normal maintenance and facelifing (new carpeting, small refurbishments) on every ship.

Maybe they'll convert her to DD

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I could see another Oasis class in the Caribbean should San Juan and the southern ports expand to hold this class, but I am expecting that when O3 comes out, one of the three is going to be in the Mediterranean.

Oh no, that's the last I could imagine.

At first, I couldn't imagine that San Juan could handle such a huge ship - and the itineraries from San Juan are port intensive and are calling at islands which cannot be entered by too huge ships...

I could imagine that Freedom sails out of San Juan from April/May 2016, I think she should be able to call most ports (NCL Breakaway and Quantum/Anthem otS also can do so).

For me it makes most sense that both Allure and Oasis sail from Florida and Oasis III in Med, sailing from Barcelona.

I would if Royal with the addition of more ships would put more in the Australian and South Pacific marketplace. It seems that cruisers only look at the Caribbean or Europe as furtile markets or Asia. They have wonderful summers when other places are in winter weather making them an attractive destination area, in my opinion.

Edited by Paulette3028

I would if Royal with the addition of more ships would put more in the Australian and South Pacific marketplace. It seems that cruisers only look at the Caribbean or Europe as furtile markets or Asia. They have wonderful summers when other places are in winter weather making them an attractive destination area, in my opinion.

RCI has already sent (and will also in future) several ships to Asia/Australia - Voyager and Mariner year-round, while Mariner just sails Asia.

Quantum comes to Asia in May 2015, Explorer and Legend are due to follow in late 2015.

Maybe some others follow... but I do not have any clue.

RCL has done this already... 2015/16 Explorer in Sydney and Legend homeports years round in Brisbaine.

I wish Royal was here in Brisbane year round. But Legend is off to Hong Kong one way in April 2016 for an Asian season I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Something makes me really wonder:

For 2016, Brilliance otS is listed in several Mediterranean ports throughout the summer season (Villefranche, Cannes, Gibraltar), it seems that she will operate on the 12-night-Med-route from Barcelona.

But which ship will replace her on the Baltic route out of Harwich? Vision? Maybe but I thought there are some emission restrictions for the Baltic area that only Radiance-Class-ships can comply with... :confused:

And I do not think that Serenade otS will sail from Harwich, since the Baltic/Noway routes from Copenhagen would be dropped of completely...

Any idea??? :confused:

I am wondering why RCI is not likely to base a ship year-round from Australia - Carnival and Princess also do so... :confused:

Maybe RCI changes the plans as well, and since more ships are due to come to Asia, maybe RCI sends one ship year-round to Australia...

The (southern) winter is quite cool in the most populated parts of Australia, so Royal sends the ships elsewhere at thqt time. I think Princess and Royal will be finding it difficult to fill their ships at good prices in the winter. Having said that, they could run a ship year round from Brisbane as it's a bit warmer than Sydney. That woud keep springaussie happy too :)

The northern cities like Cairns and Darwin are warm in the winter but too small to be a turnaround port unless they can convince people to fly in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, this is understandable, so RCI will have it's reasons why doing so, and not deploying a ship year-round in Australia...

I think in the winter seasons (your summer) between Nov and April they have very good chances to fill their ships...

What I could imagine: Maybe RCI brings Adventure or Navigator to Australia in late 2016, which could replace Radiance.

So maybe Radiance is doing some Hawaii and Panama Canal cruises (or maybe South America:D) during the winter season...

OK, this is understandable, so RCI will have it's reasons why doing so, and not deploying a ship year-round in Australia...

I think in the winter seasons (your summer) between Nov and April they have very good chances to fill their ships...

What I could imagine: Maybe RCI brings Adventure or Navigator to Australia in late 2016, which could replace Radiance.

So maybe Radiance is doing some Hawaii and Panama Canal cruises (or maybe South America:D) during the winter season...

Yes, they fill the ships down here at good prices (for Royal, as opposed to customers) throughout our summer. Radiance is great except the pool is too small. The trans pacifics always fill at high prices, so they will probably keep doing the seasonal run from Aus to Alaska and return. We will have two Voyager class ships here soon - Voyager and Explorer.

With the extensions currently under way at the Sydney cruise terminal it's just a matter of time before a Freedom (or Quantum) class makes an appearance imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could well be, that either Freedom or Quantum Class come to Australia sooner or later... maybe Quantum which will be operating in China than - it shouldn't be such a great effort to switch her between Asia and Australia... but maybe also one Freedom (or another Voyager Class ship), if the newbuilds replace them in Florida...

OK, I didn't know that Radiance does not sell sooo good (it's the ship I would book), because she has so great viewing areas - especially for the fjord landscape of New Zealand very great! :)

Something makes me really wonder:

For 2016, Brilliance otS is listed in several Mediterranean ports throughout the summer season (Villefranche, Cannes, Gibraltar), it seems that she will operate on the 12-night-Med-route from Barcelona...... I thought there are some emission restrictions for the Baltic area that only Radiance-Class-ships can comply with... :confused:

I thought so too???:confused:

Hmmm I didn't know about the BoS being listed in the Med ports. Interesting.

Ovation to Baltics 14-day from Southampton???

Could well be, that either Freedom or Quantum Class come to Australia sooner or later... maybe Quantum which will be operating in China than - it shouldn't be such a great effort to switch her between Asia and Australia... but maybe also one Freedom (or another Voyager Class ship), if the newbuilds replace them in Florida...

OK, I didn't know that Radiance does not sell sooo good (it's the ship I would book), because she has so great viewing areas - especially for the fjord landscape of New Zealand very great! :)

Just off Radiance and it is supposed to go for refurbish/maintenance in 2016.

Captain alluded to the fact that a Quantum class ship would probably appear in our area sooner than later.

I thought so too???:confused:

Hmmm I didn't know about the BoS being listed in the Med ports. Interesting.

Ovation to Baltics 14-day from Southampton???

Only thing that makes me wonder is that other cruise lines also deploy ships in Baltic with classic Oil/diesel engines... So maybe there aren't any restrictions... :confused:

Yes currently Brilliance is listed at Cannes and Villefranche, but also Le Havre and Portland (Maine)...

We need to wait for other lists and the final release of itineraries...

If BoS really moves to Med, than surely Vision sails from Harwich...

And maybe Adventure or Navigator on Baltic routes from Southampton... Ovation might be too large...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by celebrity_fan

The problem with the current schedule in Australia is that the itineraries they offer don't match the climate. Being such a huge country, the north has a tropical climate, as do the Pacific islands that are popular cruise destinations. But during Summer, that is the wet and cyclone season. Poor tourists come here for their once in a lifetime Australian holiday, to to visit the GBR and get torrential rain the whole time.

What they need to do is during the summer months focus on Southern itineraries, so around New Zealand, Tasmania, south coast etc. Then from April - November do the north coast, GBR and South Pacific islands. They can still do some northern itineraries during summer as people are still happy to do them, but currently all the ships leave during the best time of year to visit the tropics.

The problem with the current schedule in Australia is that the itineraries they offer don't match the climate. Being such a huge country, the north has a tropical climate, as do the Pacific islands that are popular cruise destinations. But during Summer, that is the wet and cyclone season. Poor tourists come here for their once in a lifetime Australian holiday, to to visit the GBR and get torrential rain the whole time.

What they need to do is during the summer months focus on Southern itineraries, so around New Zealand, Tasmania, south coast etc. Then from April - November do the north coast, GBR and South Pacific islands. They can still do some northern itineraries during summer as people are still happy to do them, but currently all the ships leave during the best time of year to visit the tropics.

Best idea. I'd consider going back but only if I could get out of Florida during our summer. I need to explore other cruise lines who I know have great itineraries during the months of July - September.

The problem is Asia is where Royal Caribbean makes the $$$$$. It is too cold to run cruises out of China in Winter. That is why Royal sends them to Australia during our Summer.

It remains to be seen how many Winters Quantum stays in China.

Where else do you send the China ships during November - April besides Oz and Singapore?

Edited by springaussie