Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Ovation of the seas will not be ready until Fall 2016 so it is possible that Anthem of the Seas will be based in Southampton Summer 2016.

Legend of the Seas now appears in Port Schedules for Cairns, Darwin and Hong Kong for 2016/17 period. Who knows which older ships will be leaving the Royal fleet with the big newbies arriving in 16/17.

According to Meyer and RCI's annual report Ovation is due to be released Q2 2016. Recently Royals PR dept did release a statement about a fall release date so there is some confusion as to when.

Legend of the Seas now appears in Port Schedules for Cairns, Darwin and Hong Kong for 2016/17 period. Who knows which older ships will be leaving the Royal fleet with the big newbies arriving in 16/17.

During the Q&A with the Captain on the Legend TA ending last week he said that the Legend will be in Asia for a very long time - sounded like for good, maybe to be sold to the Chinese TA that bought the Century. Like the Century, the ship could still be managed by RCI.

What concerns me is no new ships to fill the ranks when the little ones go so to do the boutique ports like cairns and Dubrovnik

We need some smaller ships to do those areas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. It's a shame that the only cruise lines building small ships are in the super luxury segment. The pressure is on the ports to accommodate large ships, but of course many of the smaller ports will find this difficult.

The ship is becoming the destination and this probably makes great economic sense for the cruise lines. I still prefer to arrive at a destination rather than just float on it, so yes, we need some new small ships to replace the ageing ones. I'm not holding my breath though. :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What concerns me is no new ships to fill the ranks when the little ones go so to do the boutique ports like cairns and Dubrovnik

We need some smaller ships to do those areas

Of course we need some smaller ships.

When regarding the Europe deployment of RCI in 2015, the Med itineraries will mostly be offered by Vision Class ships (Vision, Rhapsody, Splendour), which can enter ports such as Mykonos, Santorin or Dubrovnik - but those mentioned ports are also able to accomodate larger ones such as Celebrity Solstice Class.

Nevertheless, I would rather be cruising on an older and slightly smaller ship (Rhapsody, Vision or Splendour) than on a floating resort or mediacenter (Quantum otS, NCL Breakaway).

I like the fact that the Scandinavia itineraries are operated by the Radiance-Class-ships. :) :)

According to Meyer Werft and other media, Ovation otS is due to be delivered in spring 2016...

Any other information whether there will be other RCI ships sent to Asia in 2016??

From 2016, there should be Quantum, Mariner, Explorer, Voyager, and Legend...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Of course we need some smaller ships.

When regarding the Europe deployment of RCI in 2015, the Med itineraries will mostly be offered by Vision Class ships (Vision, Rhapsody, Splendour), which can enter ports such as Mykonos, Santorin or Dubrovnik - but those mentioned ports are also able to accomodate larger ones such as Celebrity Solstice Class.

Nevertheless, I would rather be cruising on an older and slightly smaller ship (Rhapsody, Vision or Splendour) than on a floating resort or mediacenter (Quantum otS, NCL Breakaway).

I like the fact that the Scandinavia itineraries are operated by the Radiance-Class-ships. :) :)

According to Meyer Werft and other media, Ovation otS is due to be delivered in spring 2016...

Any other information whether there will be other RCI ships sent to Asia in 2016??

From 2016, there should be Quantum, Mariner, Explorer, Voyager, and Legend...

My guess would be at least one Oasis class.

But if I were in RCI management I would be concerned as to whether the market can support that much total capacity, China is in a economic downturn, we shall se if it continues an gets worse.

The only saving grace is that ships can be rapidly re-deployed to other markets.

My guess would be at least one Oasis class.

But if I were in RCI management I would be concerned as to whether the market can support that much total capacity, China is in a economic downturn, we shall se if it continues an gets worse.

The only saving grace is that ships can be rapidly re-deployed to other markets.

We will see... maybe one Oasis ship...

I imagine Oasis 3 spends its maiden season in Europe and MAYBE she will be transferred to Asia via Suez Canal - but we will see...

I think it would make sense to deploy ships on always succesful markets (e. g. Caribbean, Alaska, Europe), maybe also on growing markets - but especially China, with its economic downturn, could be somewhat riskful...

I am not sure whether RCI sends more ships to Asia in 2016 - maybe they wait how the market develops - if it does not work so good, maybe ships can be re-deployed...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Any guesses so far which ships might do Transatlantics Eastbound in spring 2016?

We consider such a cruise for spring 2016 and really would like to have a Freedom- or Voyager-class, which also offers the Flow-Rider...

Any clue?

In some cruise schedules for 2016 Adventure otS is listed for some european ports.

Any information whether she will get the updates that Navigator, Voyager and Explorer get/got (Flow Rider, new cabins and restaurants, etc...)?

• 3 weeks later...
If you look at Rci web site. Allure can be booked up to May 29th '16

Oasis can only be booked up to April 30th '16.

Maybe a Ta and a summer season in Uk or Europe.

I don't think that you will see either Oasis or Allure doing Europe in 2016.

More likely would be for Oasis 3 which is due out in Q2 of 2016 to spend the summer in Europe before being moved to wherever she is going for the winter. Not sure it would make sense to have an eastbound and a westbound TA for 2 Oasis class ships at about the same time.

Don't know why Oasis is only scheduled until April. Perhaps she will move to Port Canaveral at that time leaving Allure in FLL then Oasis 3 could join Allure in FLL for the winter.

The Star understands 2017 could also be a big season with next-generation Quantum class cruise ships capable of carrying more than 4000 passengers expected in Dunedin,

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/320013/good-news-cruise-line

It's not hard to imagine Royal bringing Quantum down to Aus and NZ in the northern Winter. A repo from HK to Sydney via Singapore, a couple of NZ cruises, couple of Pacific cruises (big ports only) then return to Shanghai via Perth perhaps. 10 weeks? Quantum is alrewdy scheduled through to Christmas 2015, so a tour to the antipodes in the 15/'16 southern summer season would miss the peak season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you look at Rci web site. Allure can be booked up to May 29th '16

Oasis can only be booked up to April 30th '16.

Maybe a Ta and a summer season in Uk or Europe.

I do not think that Allure or Oasis otS will be in Europe in 2016... their Europe deployment was/is just due to the regular dry-dock-period.

I could imagine that the Oasis newbuild spends its first season in Europe on the Med-sailings from Barcelona (7 nights), or a Freedom-Class-ship will be again deployed on such an itinerary.

For Southampton I expect Ovation otS and another one to replace Explorer - any idea which ship???

I think of Navigator, Adventure or Freedom/Independence...

Also I am interested in Canada/New England and Transatlantic...

News from the St. Maarten 2016 schedule:

-Jewel of the Seas appears until April 2016 and then from October 2016.

-Freedom of the Seas frequently calls on Sundays at St. Maarten in 2016.

She could sail out of San Juan in 2016 on Saturdays.

-Independence of the Seas regularly calls at Tuesday - surely from Fort Lauderdale or Port Canaveral.

-Oasis/Allure of the Seas regularly call at Thursdays.

-Anthem of the Seas calls on Mondays, every second week.

My assumptions:

-Anthem otS: Cape Liberty

-Allure/Oasis otS: Ft. Lauderdale

-Independence otS: Port Canaveral

-Freedom otS: San Juan

Just look here. Browse up to July or August 2016.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

News from the St. Maarten 2016 schedule:

-Jewel of the Seas appears until April 2016 and then from October 2016.

-Freedom of the Seas frequently calls on Sundays at St. Maarten in 2016.

She could sail out of San Juan in 2016 on Saturdays.

-Independence of the Seas regularly calls at Tuesday - surely from Fort Lauderdale or Port Canaveral.

-Oasis/Allure of the Seas regularly call at Thursdays.

-Anthem of the Seas calls on Mondays, every second week.

My assumptions:

-Anthem otS: Cape Liberty

-Allure/Oasis otS: Ft. Lauderdale

-Independence otS: Port Canaveral

-Freedom otS: San Juan

Just look here. Browse up to July or August 2016.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

It is interesting about FOTS scheduled calls in STM on Sundays. With the investment RCI has in the new terminal at Pt Canaveral I doubt they would replace Freedom with Independence. The exception could be a possibility of Oasis 3 going to Pt Canaveral and then Indy doing short runs from there or Ft Lauderdale.

It is interesting about FOTS scheduled calls in STM on Sundays. With the investment RCI has in the new terminal at Pt Canaveral I doubt they would replace Freedom with Independence. The exception could be a possibility of Oasis 3 going to Pt Canaveral and then Indy doing short runs from there or Ft Lauderdale.

I would say Oasis or Allure from PC

Indy/ a Oasis class from P.E.

Freedom from SJU

Adventure from Miami (replacing Majesty, after a refurb)

Anthem from Cape Liberty

Edited by Topo Gigio

Don't see this class doing Alaska, but I could be wrong . . .

Considering the incredible interior spaces and things to do on board vs. smaller pool deck/outdoor spaces of Quantum Class, it's been said that Q is likely a lot like Radiance... a "cold" weather" ship perfectly suited for ports like northern China itineraries, NYC, Southampton... and maybe and hopefully Vancouver/Seattle for Alaska runs. Could you imagine being up on North Star while spinning around at the glaciers?? I think it's a few years away yet, but I can imagine seeing Q class ships in Alaska and Baltics in a few years. For now it'll be the two Radiance class ships.

I don't see O class in Alaska, not with the ratio of outdoor space, 4 pools, Boardwalk/Central Park & sports deck/Florider... subjected to cold weather and lots of rain in Alaska.

Hmm, Indy is scheduled the same "rhythm" in 2016 as in 2015 - regularly on Thursdays at St. Maarten, 10:00 am to 07:00 pm.

But maybe Indy sails from Ft. Lauderdale and Oasis or Allure from Port Canaveral.

I think Oasis III sails from Barcelona in 2016, or which ship should do this?

I hardly believe that the 5-nighters will be offered during summer season.

I was also wondering about the Sunday calls at St. Maarten by Freedom otS - since nearly all Florida sailings depart on Saturdays or Sundays and two days at sea are needed to call at St. Maarten, San Juan would be the only possibility (departure Saturdays).

But what could Navigator do?? I doubt she will be doing the 6- and 8-night sailings in summer, and she is not listed at St. Maarten at all... Maybe Southampton or Asia??? :confused:

Hmm, Indy is scheduled the same "rhythm" in 2016 as in 2015 - regularly on Thursdays at St. Maarten, 10:00 am to 07:00 pm.

But maybe Indy sails from Ft. Lauderdale and Oasis or Allure from Port Canaveral.

I think Oasis III sails from Barcelona in 2016, or which ship should do this?

I hardly believe that the 5-nighters will be offered during summer season.

I was also wondering about the Sunday calls at St. Maarten by Freedom otS - since nearly all Florida sailings depart on Saturdays or Sundays and two days at sea are needed to call at St. Maarten, San Juan would be the only possibility (departure Saturdays).

But what could Navigator do?? I doubt she will be doing the 6- and 8-night sailings in summer, and she is not listed at St. Maarten at all... Maybe Southampton or Asia??? :confused:

Another possibility is that she will be doing short 3-5 days cruises from Port Everglades/Miami.