Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Another possibility is that she will be doing short 3-5 days cruises from Port Everglades/Miami.

Hmm, we will see, but I cannot imagine that such a large and new ship will be used for such short cruises. I think it's rather a task for Majesty otS.

IMHO it makes most sense that Navigator moves to Europe (Southampton or new Med itineraries) or moves somewhere else, maybe Asia... :confused:

Any guesses about Adventure so far?? :confused:

If she will really be replaced by Freedom out of San Juan, than there are new possibilities for her...

Edited by celebrity_fan

I would think this:

Oasis or Allure moves to Port Caneveral

Oasis 3 and Ovation out of Fort Laude

Adventure, Vision or Grandeur takes over Majesty out of Miami

That one Oasis ship moves to Port Canaveral might well be.

I think this:

-Oasis 3: maiden season Med from Barcelona, winter Fort Lauderdale

-Ovation: maiden season Europe from Southampton, winter Fort Lauderdale

-Anthem: year-round from Cape Liberty

-Independence: Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale or move to Europe

-Liberty: Caribbean from Galveston

-Freedom: Caribbean from San Juan

-Navigator: Europe from Southampton, new Med itineraries (maybe replace Rhapsody out of Rome), Asia/Australia??

-Adventure: Europe from Southampton, Asia/Australia after that

-Vision: Med from Barcelona (longer itineraries) or year-round from Tampa

-Rhapsody: Med from Barcelona (longer itineraries) or out of Rome/Istanbul

Jewel/Serenade/Brilliance/Radiance should remain the same in 2016 as in 2015.

According to the new schedule for 2015, Adventure otS will sail out of San Juan on Saturdays and Jewel on Sundays - so both ships will be swapped.

Since Adventure otS is not listed at St. Maarten after April 2016 and Jewel again from October 2016, it seems that Adventure will leave San Juan and will be replaced by Freedom.

--> Freedom: year-round from San Juan (Sat), Jewel: winter/spring from San Juan (Sun)

So there are many new possibilities for Adventure...

Indy appears to be doing the 8/6 night runs during summer of '16.

So my guess:

Summer 16:

Indy, and either Oasis/Allure from Ft Lauderdale

Either Oasis/Allure from PC

Freedom from San Juan (replacing Adventure, Jewel will do Alaska again)

Anthem on the 5/9 night Bermuda/Caribbean itineraries from NJ

Oasis III doing the 7 night Med cruises

Adventure doing the 3/4 night runs (replacing Majesty)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

So my guess:

Summer 16:

OK, why do you think Indy will do 6/8 night cruises during summer?

Hmm, at some ports in Europe (Le Havre, Gibraltar, Olden/Norway) Adventure is listed druing summer 2016 - but maybe it is a placeholder for Navigator.

Is Majesty expected to leave the fleet in 2016?

So I assume either Navigator or Adventure may sail from Southampton.

OK, why do you think Indy will do 6/8 night cruises during summer?

Hmm, at some ports in Europe (Le Havre, Gibraltar, Olden/Norway) Adventure is listed druing summer 2016 - but maybe it is a placeholder for Navigator.

Is Majesty expected to leave the fleet in 2016?

So I assume either Navigator or Adventure may sail from Southampton.

Independence is calling on St. Maarten on Tuesdays, which is the day she calls when she does the 8 night eastern.

There is nothing announced regarding Majesty's retirement, but some speculated that the last cruise open for booking (sometime in the end of April 2016) will be her last. I have no idea, but if that does happen to be her last cruise, I'm thinking Adventure may replace her..

So my guess:

Summer 16:

I think one of the Oasis ships will be in Asia/Australia, possibly year round. Navigator/Adventure... one on Miami the other ?? Where are Oasis III/IV and Q III/IV going in the next 2-3 years??

I thought something I feel is interesting is more long term regarding Majesty and especially all the Vision class ships. Sovereign built 1988 and sold 2009 = 21 yrs. Monarch built 2001 and sold 2013 = 22 yrs. I can show more ships but my guess is shelf life, insurance, capitalization/write-off, etc is about 20-25 absolute tops year life-span for any ship for the mainstream cruise companies.

Majesty built 1992, 2015 will be 23 yrs old

Legend built 1995, 20 yrs

Splendour & Grandeur built 1996, 19 yrs old

Enchantment & Rhapsody built 1997, 18 yrs old

Vision built 1998, 17 years old

With Oasis III and IV, and also Ovation + Quantum IV in the next 3 years, where are all the Vision class ships going? Sold off? Re-built? I think the Vision class ships by 2017-19 will be due for their next 5 year dry-dock maintenance also.

You can't get Oasis into Venice, St Petersburg, etc, so maybe RCL is planning two lines labelled RCL: ie. the "RCL Nostaglia" line featuring old time cruising experience on Vision & Radiance Class, MDR, fewer bells and whistles... and then also the "RCL WOW" line of ships running Dynamic Dining, the new amenities, the newer ships Voyager & up etc.

I think one of the Oasis ships will be in Asia/Australia, possibly year round. Navigator/Adventure... one on Miami the other ?? Where are Oasis III/IV and Q III/IV going in the next 2-3 years??

I thought something I feel is interesting is more long term regarding Majesty and especially all the Vision class ships. Sovereign built 1988 and sold 2009 = 21 yrs. Monarch built 2001 and sold 2013 = 22 yrs. I can show more ships but my guess is shelf life, insurance, capitalization/write-off, etc is about 20-25 absolute tops year life-span for any ship for the mainstream cruise companies.

Majesty built 1992, 2015 will be 23 yrs old

Legend built 1995, 20 yrs

Splendour & Grandeur built 1996, 19 yrs old

Enchantment & Rhapsody built 1997, 18 yrs old

Vision built 1998, 17 years old

With Oasis III and IV, and also Ovation + Quantum IV in the next 3 years, where are all the Vision class ships going? Sold off? Re-built? I think the Vision class ships by 2017-19 will be due for their next 5 year dry-dock maintenance also.

You can't get Oasis into Venice, St Petersburg, etc, so maybe RCL is planning two lines labelled RCL: ie. the "RCL Nostaglia" line featuring old time cruising experience on Vision & Radiance Class, MDR, fewer bells and whistles... and then also the "RCL WOW" line of ships running Dynamic Dining, the new amenities, the newer ships Voyager & up etc.

That's an interesting thought. I've been wondering what would happen to the Vision class also.

I agree about an Oasis class ship in Asia. But, I'm just wondering when. If they send an Oasis class over for summer 2016, do you think it would take the spotlight away from Quantum? (Which will have only been there for about a year at that point.)

Good question - but I do not think that RCI will get rid of the Vision-Class-Ships in the near future, since those ships are an important component of the RCI fleet, with it's glass fronts - and due to their size, they can offer longer cruises with also smaller ports where the larger ones cannot get into.

Same with Radiance Class.

And the Vision ships were refurbished shortly, so I think RCI plans to keep them in its fleet.

I have read and heard that Legend will stay in Asia/Australia for a long time after she will be transferred there next year.

Surely one Oasis-Class-ship may move to Asia, but I doubt whether one additional Voyager-Class-ship will also move there... :confused:

I truly hope for Navigator or a Freedom-class ship in Europe!!!

I dont see an Oasis Class moving to Asia in 2016. If not in Florida then the first deployment outside Florida for Oasis Class would be Europe. The recent test run with Oasis and next Allure sets that in motion I think.

With respect to Oasis III, she goes to PC. PC will get a new ship just like PE did with Oasis & Allure. Yes its just a speculation based on the new terminal at PC. You dont invest all that money there to run just a Freedom or lowe class vessel IMO.

I dont see an Oasis Class moving to Asia in 2016. If not in Florida then the first deployment outside Florida for Oasis Class would be Europe. The recent test run with Oasis and next Allure sets that in motion I think.

With respect to Oasis III, she goes to PC. PC will get a new ship just like PE did with Oasis & Allure. Yes its just a speculation based on the new terminal at PC. You dont invest all that money there to run just a Freedom or lowe class vessel IMO.

Don't call my favorite Class of vessel low class:D

Maybe from winter 2016 Oasis III will sail from Port Canaveral.

When Oasis and Allure stay at Ft. Lauderdale, which ship should sail out of Barcelona on the 7 night runs? Maybe also Independence...

My speculation is:

-Adventure or Navigator from Southampton, maybe also one from Rome overtaking Rhapsody's itineraries

-Independence: Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Barcelona

-Freedom: San Juan

My guess is Oasis III from Port Canaveral, another Oasis Class from Port Everglades, and then the other doing the 7 night Med itineraries.

Maybe from winter 2016 Oasis III will sail from Port Canaveral.

When Oasis and Allure stay at Ft. Lauderdale, which ship should sail out of Barcelona on the 7 night runs? Maybe also Independence...

My speculation is:

-Adventure or Navigator from Southampton, maybe also one from Rome overtaking Rhapsody's itineraries

-Independence: Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Barcelona

-Freedom: San Juan

If Oasis III goes to PC, then both Oasis and Allure will not stay in PE. But looking at the St. Maarten port schedule, it appears Indy will be sailing from somewhere in Florida year round.

Also, Ovation will probably be sailing out of PE (essentially taking Anthem's original place). But did anyone hear any new info as to when she is supposed to begin sailing? I was reading somewhere that Meyer Werft is saying late Spring 2016, while Royal is saying fall 2016...

Some more speculation on my part:

The St. Maarten schedule is showing Anthem of the Seas calling on every other Tuesday in fall/winter 2016/17. Along with this, the schedule is also showing Anthem calling on Mondays, Wednesdays, etc (usually the week after she calls on a Tues). I don't think Anthem could be doing multiple different eastern caribbean cruises from NJ that were all about 7 nights. And besides that, one day during each month (from November through at least January) show two "Anthem of the Seas" calling in port, both on a Tuesday.

So my guess is: one of those "Anthem of the Seas" is a placeholder for Ovation who may be doing regular 7N eastern/western itins, OR may be taking over Indy's 6/8 night itins, because Indy no longer calls in St. Maarten after the first week of November and then, an "Anthem of the Seas" (probably Ovation) begins calling every other Tuesday (same day Indy calls on her 8N eastern).

Some more speculation on my part:

The St. Maarten schedule is showing Anthem of the Seas calling on every other Tuesday in fall/winter 2016/17. Along with this, the schedule is also showing Anthem calling on Mondays, Wednesdays, etc (sometimes during the same week). And besides that, one day during each month (from November through at least January) show two Anthem of the Seas calling in port, both on a Tuesday.

So my guess is: one of those "Anthem of the Seas" is a placeholder for Ovation who may be doing regular 7N eastern/western itins, OR may be taking over Indy's 6/8 night itins, because Indy no longer calls in St. Maarten after the first week of November and then, an Anthem of the Seas (probably Ovation) begins calling every other Tuesday (same day Indy calls on her 8N eastern).

WOW, great find!! I could imagine that one of those "Anthems" might be Ovation otS, I could imagine she will do the 6/8 night runs which were already planned for Anthem the upcoming season...

Why shouldn't both Allure and Oasis sail from Port Everglades again?

I could imagine that Indy sails from Port Canaveral until one of the new ships replaces her in late 2016 (either Ovation or Oasis III).

I could imagine that Rhapsody might overtake the 12 night runs out of Barcelona in 2016 (her TA in April ends there) or sails from Istanbul and longer runs from Rome.

Or Vision sails the 12 nighters from barcelona again.

Maybe Adventure or Navigator sail the 7 nighters from Rome than...

WOW, great find!! I could imagine that one of those "Anthems" might be Ovation otS, I could imagine she will do the 6/8 night runs which were already planned for Anthem the upcoming season...

Why shouldn't both Allure and Oasis sail from Port Everglades again?

I could imagine that Indy sails from Port Canaveral until one of the new ships replaces her in late 2016 (either Ovation or Oasis III).

I could imagine that Rhapsody might overtake the 12 night runs out of Barcelona in 2016 (her TA in April ends there) or sails from Istanbul and longer runs from Rome.

Or Vision sails the 12 nighters from barcelona again.

Maybe Adventure or Navigator sail the 7 nighters from Rome than...

Oh, I never knew that Anthem was planned for 6/8 night runs!

And I'm not saying that Allure and Oasis should not sail from Port Everglades again, I just meant that if Oasis III is heading for PC, then I doubt they'll keep three Oasis class ships in Florida.

Oh, I never knew that Anthem was planned for 6/8 night runs!

And I'm not saying that Allure and Oasis should not sail from Port Everglades again, I just meant that if Oasis III is heading for PC, then I doubt they'll keep three Oasis class ships in Florida.

Yes, originally Anthem otS was scheduled for the 6/8 night runs from Florida, but due to the move of Quantum to China the plans have changed... ;)

You are right, maybe three Oasis-Class-ships from Florida might be very much, but I wouldn't know where they should be deployed otherwise, especially in winter. For the winters in Europe, they are not capable.

Maybe Asis from Singapore , but I am not sure.

It could also be that Indpenedence moves somewhere else, if she gets replaced by another ship... but I cannot imagine, where...