Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Yep, agreed.... Voyager, Mariner, Explorer as in Asia/Oz. With Adventure's very short and minimal upgrade drydock maybe she's the one to go to Miami while they deploy the highly upgraded Navigator (Sabor, Florider, deck 12 staterooms, etc) into a larger and lomnger cruise market.

Who knows!!! :p:D Fun trying to figure this stuff out... but as things get closer to next year you'll back at many of these ideas and see that the sleuthing of the port info was very valuable... last year many of us here had already guessed correctly Rhapsody redeplyment a month before announcement, figured out that Jewel (or Vision) was doing Panama Canal and Alaska, etc etc a few more.

That's right, speculating and try to figure out the stuff can be really funny!! :D

Yes, if Advanture does not get refurbished in 2016 with Flowrider, etc..., she might be the replacement for Majesty and Navigator could switch to Southampton.

But what she could do after that I do not have any clue... :confused: maybe the Middle East out of Dubai, or also move to Asia??

I think RCI does not plan to deploy a ship year-round in Europe...

Another thing to remember is the new terminal at Port Canaveral will allow for ships to do go to Europe for the Summer and return for the Winter. This is not the current arrangement.

A ship must be deployed full time now. No split workings.

I agree that such a scenario is very possible. The other interesting thing about PC is, due to the new terminal 1 that RCI will use it opens up terminal 10 which I believe NCL will be using as home port for one of its ships already in service. Who knows they may home port one of the new Breakaway Plus ship there since the first will go out of Miami. To maintain its market share, remain competitive from Central Florida and continue to WOW and attract all those driving from the North and nearby states, RCI will continue to step it up at PC.

Another thing to remember is the new terminal at Port Canaveral will allow for ships to do go to Europe for the Summer and return for the Winter. This is not the current arrangement.

A ship must be deployed full time now. No split workings.

Why is that, don't recall hearing that before

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hate to see Serenade and RCCL leaving New Orleans. We are taking our first ever cruise on the Serenade at the end of February. The only way we could afford it is because NOLA is within driving distance and we can cut the airfare. Now any future cruises will have to be on Carnival or NCL...:(

How come royal caribbean is leaving new Orleans? I was hoping another ship would replace serenade cause I love sailing out of new Orleans and am wanting to try Rci.

How come royal caribbean is leaving new Orleans? I was hoping another ship would replace serenade cause I love sailing out of new Orleans and am wanting to try Rci.

They had to almost give away the cabins at rock bottom prices. The demand just wasn't sufficient to sustain a ship there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the big wildcard in the future years will be Port Canaveral with Terminal 1.

I believe that Enchantment will stay for the foreseeable future and do the 3/4 that is popular. Freedom will stay till replace by the original Oasis. (OIII will head to PE). Maybe they will bring in a 3rd ship for the winter season which they are testing with Explorer.

I would like for them to bring a Radiance Class ship as the 3rd ship, but then again maybe they could bring back a Voyager Class for the winters.

They had to almost give away the cabins at rock bottom prices. The demand just wasn't sufficient to sustain a ship there.

Thanks for that information. That makes sense. I hope they aren't planning on canceling sailing out of Galveston anytime soon cause nola and Galveston are the two closest ports to me.

Thanks for that information. That makes sense. I hope they aren't planning on canceling sailing out of Galveston anytime soon cause nola and Galveston are the two closest ports to me.

Galveston is safe - Royal has signed a deal with the port authority for a Freedom class vessel to operate year round. We sailed out of there earlier this year and look forward to doing so again after the upgrade of the terminal facilities. Texas is on the rise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO it should be more or less sure that Liberty sails from Galveston year-round in 2016.

Is there any chance that Brilliance gets replaced by another ship on the short-runs out of Tampa? Would love to see her doing longer itineraries in winter. Maybe Grandeur or Rhapsody might replace her and Brilliance could do some Panama Canal or South America cruises??

And are there any information on the longer Canada/New England runs (between Quebec and Cape Liberty) so far??

As well some information about Transatantics in spring or maybe fall 2016 would be great... :)

IMHO it should be more or less sure that Liberty sails from Galveston year-round in 2016.

Is there any chance that Brilliance gets replaced by another ship on the short-runs out of Tampa? Would love to see her doing longer itineraries in winter. Maybe Grandeur or Rhapsody might replace her and Brilliance could do some Panama Canal or South America cruises??

And are there any information on the longer Canada/New England runs (between Quebec and Cape Liberty) so far??

As well some information about Transatantics in spring or maybe fall 2016 would be great... :)

What makes you think Grandeur will be leaving Baltimore?

Galveston is safe - Royal has signed a deal with the port authority for a Freedom class vessel to operate year round. We sailed out of there earlier this year and look forward to doing so again after the upgrade of the terminal facilities. Texas is on the rise.

That's what was said about Mariner in Los Angeles, and look at where we're at now. :mad: In this business, nothing is safe.

That's what was said about Mariner in Los Angeles, and look at where we're at now. :mad: In this business, nothing is safe.

Most bystanders (like us on CC) only have what they suspect will happen and until it is seen with your own EYES, anything can change.

When people speculate about things from what they may have read in local newspapers (if even that), unless they have seen the actual documentation, all of us are bystanders to the decisions.

Majorca port schedule for 2016 only looked at mid July Agust shows the following ships. Allure and Adventure.

Gibraltar is showing Anthem and Adventure

Port for Rome isn't showing anything yet for RCL, but does show Princess ships, coral, Emerald and Caribbean on select dates.

Majorca port schedule for 2016 only looked at mid July Agust shows the following ships. Allure and Adventure.

Gibraltar is showing Anthem and Adventure

Port for Rome isn't showing anything yet for RCL, but does show Princess ships, coral, Emerald and Caribbean on select dates.

Yes, but based on my experiences, the Majorca port schedule is not very reliable... :rolleyes:

I also believe that at least Anthem otS, shown in many European ports in 2016, is the placeholder for Ovation otS (Anthem should sail out of Cape Liberty for 99 % sure, IMHO). And I am also not sure whether actually Adventure comes to Europe in 2016 or also another Voyager-Class-ship (maybe Navigator).

And Allure you can book up to may/June 2016, so she might be placeholder for Oasis III in Majorca...

So I won't rely on the port schedules for 100 % sure... ;)

So my guesses are for Europe:

Oasis III (Barcelona), Ovation (Southampton), Navigator and/or Adventure (Southampton - maybe also one out of Rome), Serenade (Copenhagen and Stockholm), Brilliance (Harwich), Vision (Barcelona), Rhapsody (Istanbul and Rome), Splendour (Venice).

MAYBE Grandeur leaves Baltimore from end of 2016 and gets replaced by Rhapsody or Vision, for example, so that Grandeur might sail some short cruises. But it's just speculation... :)

Edited by celebrity_fan

I think the big wildcard in the future years will be Port Canaveral with Terminal 1.

I believe that Enchantment will stay for the foreseeable future and do the 3/4 that is popular. Freedom will stay till replace by the original Oasis. (OIII will head to PE). Maybe they will bring in a 3rd ship for the winter season which they are testing with Explorer.

I would like for them to bring a Radiance Class ship as the 3rd ship, but then again maybe they could bring back a Voyager Class for the winters.

Hmm, one Oasis Class ship from Port Canaveral is possible - maybe it is Oasis or Allure, which replaces Freedom from PC - Freedom than should sail out of San Juan.

And Independence could sail from Ft. Lauderdale from 2016 during summer, as she does in 2015 as well.

Enchantment surely stays, but IMHO if they bring a third ship, it should be a Voyager-Class. The Radiance-Class-ships are more designed for the longer (winter) itineraries, I think.

Edited by celebrity_fan

Hmm, one Oasis Class ship from Port Canaveral is possible - maybe it is Oasis or Allure, which replaces Freedom from PC - Freedom than should sail out of San Juan.

Enchantment surely stays, but IMHO if they bring a third ship, it should be a Voyager-Class. The Radiance-Class-ships are more designed for the longer (winter) itineraries, I think.

Bring the Mariner back. They need to keep the new terminal busy. Oasis III on Sunday, Mariner on Saturday, Enchantment on Friday and Monday, day visits on Tuesday - Thursday. Let NCL have terminal 10.

Bring the Mariner back. They need to keep the new terminal busy. Oasis III on Sunday, Mariner on Saturday, Enchantment on Friday and Monday, day visits on Tuesday - Thursday. Let NCL have terminal 10.

Would be great if she came back - but it would be a huge effort to redeploy her from Asia... :( so sadly, this is not very likely, IMHO... :(

So my guesses are for Europe:

Oasis III (Barcelona), Ovation (Southampton), Navigator and/or Adventure (Southampton - maybe also one out of Rome), Serenade (Copenhagen and Stockholm), Brilliance (Harwich), Vision (Barcelona), Rhapsody (Istanbul and Rome), Splendour (Venice).

I'm having a hard time figuring this out, too many ships/berths in Europe imho. Can that market support all these ships and adding 9000 passengers a week (Ovation + Oasis)? If anything close to this comes to fruition, there may be some incredible Going Going Gone sails I figure on European itineraries.

Ovation year round - check

One of the 3 Oasis TA to Europe summer months - check

Brilliance + Serenade for Baltics - check

Rhapsody TA from South America - check

Splendour from Dubai - check

Vision - ??? Major wildcard like last year's deployment imo.

Nav or Adventure - ??? I can't see either of them being needed in Europe's summer months with Ovation Oasis there each summer.

Personally I would LOVE to see a Voyager Class in South America instead of Rhapsody. It's going to be really interesting the next few years as we get a couple more of the big ships into service :)

I'm having a hard time figuring this out, too many ships/berths in Europe imho. Can that market support all these ships and adding 9000 passengers a week (Ovation + Oasis)? If anything close to this comes to fruition, there may be some incredible Going Going Gone sails I figure on European itineraries.

Ovation year round - check

One of the 3 Oasis TA to Europe summer months - check

Brilliance + Serenade for Baltics - check

Rhapsody TA from South America - check

Splendour from Dubai - check

Vision - ??? Major wildcard like last year's deployment imo.

Nav or Adventure - ??? I can't see either of them being needed in Europe's summer months with Ovation Oasis there each summer.

Personally I would LOVE to see a Voyager Class in South America instead of Rhapsody. It's going to be really interesting the next few years as we get a couple more of the big ships into service :)

I think Ovation will probably be in Fort Lauderdale for the winter (essentially taking Anthem's original place)..

Hm, why don't you see the need of Navigator or Adventure in Europe?

OK, although one Quantum and one Oasis Class ship carry a lot of passengers (around 10000 both), there is still a second ship needed sailing out of Southampton - and that's, IMHO, a Voyager class ship as the recent years before... so I think one of those two ships should sail in Europe.

On top of that, also in 2015 one Quantum and one Oasis class ship both sail Europe, and a Voyager Class ship (Explorer) also sails from Southampton - so why not the same in 2016??

OK, as you mentioned, Vision has been switched around a lot - but if Rhapsody sails the same itineraries in 2016 as in 2015, why shouldn't Vision sail the 12-nighters out of Barcelona again?

But if Rhapsody does so (her 2016 TA ends in Barcelona), than we will see what happens to Vision... maybe year-round from Tampa or complete re-deployment?? :confused:

Voyager Class in South America might be an option, but can she access the tender ports on the itinerary around Cape Horn?

Or maybe two ships are deployed there - Voyager-Class for the 7-night-Brazil runs (from Santos with Rio de Janeiro, Recife etc...) and Rhapsody (or another Vision or maybe Radiance-Class ship) sailing the longer Cape Horn routes...

Edited by celebrity_fan

I think Ovation will probably be in Fort Lauderdale for the winter (essentially taking Anthem's original place)..

So Anthem year round NYC, Ovation FLL with TA to Southampton? OK, I can see that :)

So winter 2017 possibly 3 Oasis ships + Ovation in Florida, plus Anthem coming down from NYC with Bahamas/Carib itineraries??? Going to make for some interesting port days in Nassau/Cozumel/etc :eek:

So Anthem year round NYC, Ovation FLL with TA to Southampton? OK, I can see that :)

Yeah, that's IMHO very very likely - Anthem sailing the NYC itineraries originally planned for Quantum and Ovation from Ft Lauderdale, originally planned for Anthem.

Hm, if the Caribbean and Florida will be "overloaded" with huge ships, maybe RCI redeploys some larger, but older ships somewhere else (e. g. Freedom to San Juan).

As far as I think, especially the Radiance- and Vision-Class-ships might be used for the longer runs - for example, Serenade 10/11 nights from Ft. Lauderdale.

But I would love to see more Panama Canal cruises again, offered by RCI.

For me still a big question is Navigator...:confused:

Edited by celebrity_fan

Hm, why don't you see the need of Navigator or Adventure in Europe?...Voyager Class in South America might be an option, but can she access the tender ports on the itinerary around Cape Horn? Or maybe two ships are deployed there - Voyager-Class for the 7-night-Brazil runs (from Santos with Rio de Janeiro, Recife etc...) and Rhapsody (or another Vision or maybe Radiance-Class ship) sailing the longer Cape Horn routes...

All good points... I see maybe Adventure or Navigator taking over for Majesty. I feel Majesty will be gone imho, whether it's 2016, 17, or 18 obviously I just can't tell, but at 23 years old next year I can't see RCL doing a major refurb to keep her going for yet another 5 years for her to reach 30 years of age.

Mariner already hung around Sao Paolo/Rio for 3 months after she went around the horn in 2009, then after 3 months of Brazil cruises (alongside Splendour) she left for TA to Europe and finally Asia :) Celebrity has a cruise I am targeting for 2017... Buenos Aries up to Rio (2 overnights during Carnivale) and back down, 14 nights. If RCL were to get a ship down there to do that I'd be booking it in 2.6 milliseconds!!!! :p