C1 to A2--only $10pp!

KKB

These boards are invaluable!

We had originally booked a C3 for $50 more pp over a regular balcony. It is for our 20th anniversary so DH said balcony for sure & I liked the slightly larger balcony and the few extra perks.

WELL...after watching these boards, I snagged a C1 Aft balcony (HUGE) for only $20 more pp.

Checked prices again...now Aqua class for only $10 more pp!

Asked DH--what does he think? (usually he has no opinion). They self-acclaimed non-foodie says--"We have our own restaurant for $10 each TOTAL? Book it!"

We did several specialty restaurants on Allure & loved the service & food...he was sold after that.

This is our first Celebrity cruise--hear we will be very spoiled by starting with AQ!

Thanks for all the great info here!

We had originally booked a C3 for $50 more pp over a regular balcony. It is for our 20th anniversary so DH said balcony for sure & I liked the slightly larger balcony and the few extra perks.

WELL...after watching these boards, I snagged a C1 Aft balcony (HUGE) for only $20 more pp.

Asked DH--what does he think? (usually he has no opinion). They self-acclaimed non-foodie says--"We have our own restaurant for $10 each TOTAL? Book it!"

We did several specialty restaurants on Allure & loved the service & food...he was sold after that.

This is our first Celebrity cruise--hear we will be very spoiled by starting with AQ!

Congrats on getting those great deals. Some love Blu, others not so much. You will have the option of dining in Blu but can also use the dining room ( space available). Best of both worlds. Enjoy the cruise

M

Congrats on your upgrade to AquaClass. I, personally, would have kept the Concierge aft cabin with the large balcony. My DH and I are in the minority that think Blu is highly over rated. We actually switched from Blu to the MDR after 2 days on the Summit. Just our opinion and most will highly disagree. To each his own!

Enjoy your cruise and your upgrade!

Yes, I am on the opposite side of the fence. We loved Blu and would always choose Aqua Class if possible.

But everyone has different preferences and priorities so you'll be able to decide for yourself after the cruise.

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

I would choose AQ. Great service from the servers and the wine steward.

Have a great cruise!

Congratulations! Glad you got the category you wanted, but for future reference know to keep an eye on the prices as there is nothing unusual about the pricing situation you encountered.

Many times aqua class will even be priced lower than concierge.

The prices fluctuate with supply and demand, so sometimes one category is priced higher and sometimes the other. They can switch back and forth over time, even on the same cruise.

Some people like aqua class and some don't. Some like the deep C1 aft balconies and some don't.

It is great for all of us that everyone does not prefer the same category.

Although I guess that almost all of us would prefer a penthouse suite if we could get one for the same price as a cc or aqua cabin.

If anyone is wondering why I qualified the previous statement with "almost" the answer is that I was thinking about the people who keep insisting that they prefer an inside cabin to any cabin with a balcony. :D

Congrats!! enjoy your upgrade. Had a suite on the Eclipse and really loved having breakfast in Blu!! :):)

I've stayed in an C1 on Connie, but I haven't stayed in AQ. From a balcony point of view I think you made a mistake, from a food point of view I can't say.

Either way it'll still be great, Enjoy your cruise.

It is a toss, to be sure...I liked the idea of a large balcony, but do prefer to be midship--like to be near steps to get everywhere quickly.

Honestly, DH rarely gives an opinion about such things, so when he gave such a quick strong opinion, figured I'd give it a go!

We have always been pleased w/ MDR food on Princess & RCCL. DCL was "meh", but the adult only restaurant was great. On the Allure we tried 150 Central Park, which is a set 6 course tasting menu (you only choose between 2 entrees), and remarkably DH LOVED it--he insisted we try the 2nd menu the 2nd half of the week. And this was quite upscale innovative food. Strange for a man who would be happy dining on bar food (think BW3s) every night. I am more adventurous.

I think the fact that we have always had good food in MDRs but GREAT food in any specialty restaurant we have tried on a ship (which I realize isn't always the case), I think that is what spurred his interest. I looked at the menus; he actually loves a large salad with a protein for dinnner & that is offered every night in Blu. That plus the ambiance & the service--and the fact that we are pretty darn easy to please, I think all will be good:p

Our first cruise we had a wonderful table of 8 we dined with, but other times have been hit & miss--from odd to uncomfortable to surprisingly fun. I will miss the opportunity for the table conversation--but I am sure we will find that elsewhere.

OH GEE--DH just brought the mail in & the luggage tags arrived--guess I need to order new ones!!

We did the same thing for our next cruise on the Constellation. We had C1 Aft and moved to Aqua. We have had the Aft cabin with the large balcony on previous cruises but felt this was a perfect price and opportunity for us to try Aqua and Blu.

We just got back from our first Aqua Class cruise. We loved BLU. Not sure we would - but we both loved it. We went to Blu for most of the breakfast, but ate a couple at the buffet. Dinners - we did Blu all but the first night (We went to a specialty restaurant for 1/2 price first night - available to AQ only).

Enjoy your cruise. For $10/person, I would have switched also.

When the price is right we always choose Aqua. We have a 10 night booked in a regular balcony just waiting for the price changes that will happen between now and December. But, if that doesn't happen we will be fine in or cabin that we have booked. But, if Aqua is an additional $500 or more then we can eat in a specialty restaurant every night for less cost.

The main reason we want Aqua is because of Blu. We are not fans of the MDR. The difference, to us, is like eating at a banquet hall (which can have good food) and eating at a nicer restaurant.

Last cruise we were in Aqua but decided to eat in the MDR one night. Boy was it loud :) Food is fine it is just the atmosphere we don't like that much. I know some love that but we don't.

I would have made the same decision as you. Not a fan of the Aft cabins.

enjoy

Please excuse my naivety, new to this cruising thing. How do you go about upgrading? Is it just to watch the prices and call when they drop? Can you do so online?

Just keep checking the Celebrity website for prices. I do it everyday. If the price goes down before final payment, call Celebrity and you can have your price lowered or you could upgrade your cabin. Sometimes the prices go up and not down, so it's not a sure thing!

Just keep checking the Celebrity website for prices. I do it everyday. If the price goes down before final payment, call Celebrity and you can have your price lowered or you could upgrade your cabin. Sometimes the prices go up and not down, so it's not a sure thing!

Also to expand on that thought Lady Arwen... Don't wait for what you might think is the bottom.... If you see a price drop make the call, you can always call back again and again if necessary....but once it is gone it is gone and sometimes they only last hours......or a day.

Does it have to be before final payment? Already paid that. If so, oh well. Thank you for your reply.

To get a price reduction it would need to be before final payment. After final payment you could probably snag an upgrade. Also, if you have the 123 Promo, this could be lost getting a lower price. Best to just call Celebrity when you see an attractive price reduction and go from there. As mentioned, you can do this numerous time before final payment.

I haven't booked with them before but have booked several with another online TA, and this is a large one also.

We were going to do Allure this week, but it was double the price for the cruise AND the air...so we cancelled & were going to do Vegas.

Then this promo comes across my email--free drink pkg & gratuities if we book a balcony. AND since it is only 5 days, flights are more reasonable. SOLD.

I called Celebrity directly & upgraded the drink pkg to premium--we both love the idea of ordering virtually whatever drinks we like & no tickets to sign!

After researching here & checking the website frequently, I called the TA & upgraded from C3 to C1 with the large AFT balcony.

Then this week I checked & saw the AQ had come down a lot from $100 more pp to $10 more pp & discussed it w/ DH & he was sold. Called again.

(the prices were more on Celebrity's site)

These were all after final payment.

So that was my process--we travel frequently, and I am constantly checking & rechecking prices of air & hotel, changing as often as necessary to get the best deal for the best product.

5 weeks from Saturday!!! WOO HOO!

Edited by KKB

I haven't booked with them before but have booked several with another online TA, and this is a large one also.

We were going to do Allure this week, but it was double the price for the cruise AND the air...so we cancelled & were going to do Vegas.

Then this promo comes across my email--free drink pkg & gratuities if we book a balcony. AND since it is only 5 days, flights are more reasonable. SOLD.

I called Celebrity directly & upgraded the drink pkg to premium--we both love the idea of ordering virtually whatever drinks we like & no tickets to sign!

After researching here & checking the website frequently, I called the TA & upgraded from C3 to C1 with the large AFT balcony.

Then this week I checked & saw the AQ had come down a lot from $100 more pp to $10 more pp & discussed it w/ DH & he was sold. Called again.

(the prices were more on Celebrity's site)

These were all after final payment.

So that was my process--we travel frequently, and I am constantly checking & rechecking prices of air & hotel, changing as often as necessary to get the best deal for the best product.

5 weeks from Saturday!!! WOO HOO!

Which airline can you get price reductions on?