Here is Explanation of Drink Packages/Prices & Bar Menu Prices.

JB3

We went with the beverage package for our 10 day Equinox and I don't even drink :) But, even 1 package is worth more than the $300 OBC they were offering. And of course we both had to take the same thing. Besides, I will still use it for soda, coffee, etc. and maybe even a couple of their "Zero Proof" drinks.

Once on board I will update my wife (using OBC), to the Premium mainly so she doesn't even have to think about what a drink costs. If she wants it, she gets it. Honestly, on our other cruises, she really never drinks outside of the Elite functions because she doesn't feel the value is here :) This way there are no worries.

Will she drink the full value of the package? Heck no, but without it she'd be worried about costs and I'd rather her just enjoy.

Have fun

Yikes -- I am really confused - Sorry

I thought the classic package included soda, botteld, juice, water speciality coffee? Can anyone advise?

Thank you

M

Yes, the Classic does include all those non-alcoholic drinks. I was just justifying my purchase of any alcohol program as opposed to taking the free tips etc. My husband is a little worried about how excited I am!

The Classic Package is the Classic Package whether it is bought separately or 123 Go. There is a error on Celebrities Web site, In one place it says up to $6.00 and another place up to $5.00($5.50). I Email'd Celebrity and have never received a response, though I believe it is beer up to $6.00.

The Classic Package is the Classic Package whether it is bought separately or 123 Go. There is a error on Celebrities Web site, In one place it says up to $6.00 and another place up to $5.00($5.50). I Email'd Celebrity and have never received a response, though I believe it is beer up to $6.00.

The sheet that I included on post 26 shows beer up to $6.00 on Classic Package. This is what the Reflection used. We all know that the website is quite subject to errors.

ok, so I changed my 123 from OBC to drink package. thanks to all the work others have already done I am sure that the upgrade will work best for us. so, how do I upgrade? I booked thru a TA not thru Celebrity.

Thanks!

You do realize that you CAN get a martini without the premium package, right? You just have to accept that you'll get a smaller one, and it won't be one of the cutesy cocktails. But it's still a damn fine martini, IMHO.

Yes, you get your choice of a basic gin or vodka version, an appletini or a cosmo, all made with Classic level ingredients such as Absolute and served in a 5 oz glass. It can be obtained at most bars on board and is frowned upon at the Martini Bar.

ok, so I changed my 123 from OBC to drink package. thanks to all the work others have already done I am sure that the upgrade will work best for us. so, how do I upgrade? I booked thru a TA not thru Celebrity.

Thanks!

Just wait until you're on board and then you can make your decision as to whether or not it's the right decision for you. You have the option to upgrade with as few as 4 days left in your cruise and if only one of you wishes to upgrade, that is an option as well. It'll run 10.00 pp per day, plus 1.50 gratuity.

• 1 month later...

We are a party of four who all have the Classic package included on our May cruise. My other half doesnt drink alcohol. Could his classic alcohol package be switched to a premium non alcoholic package so that he can have access to Evian/Perrier etc? If so how do we go about it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you get a flirtini at any bar or just the martini bar? Since it isn't just a plain martini is it covered under the classic package? It has been a long time since I ordered one and have no idea what it costs now...

We are a party of four who all have the Classic package included on our May cruise. My other half doesnt drink alcohol. Could his classic alcohol package be switched to a premium non alcoholic package so that he can have access to Evian/Perrier etc? If so how do we go about it?
No, eventhough the premium non alcohol package is cheaper, it can't be switched if you have the classic alcohol package as part of the 1-2-3 Go or the Pick Your Perk promotions. If someone pays the extra 10.00 per day plus 15% tip, or 11.50 per day, then that person has access to Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino, Red Bull, Vitamin Water and better beers, wines and higher grade alcohol including the drinks at the Martini Bars and if on a S Class ship, the Molecular Bar. The upgrade can be done at anytime with as few as 4 days left in your cruise, so you could keep the Classic for days 1-3 and then upgrade for days 4-7.

Can you get a flirtini at any bar or just the martini bar? Since it isn't just a plain martini is it covered under the classic package? It has been a long time since I ordered one and have no idea what it costs now...
The Flirtini is usually only made at the Martini Bar using Premium grade ingredients. The martini's made at the other bars are either a basic vodka or gin version as well as an appletini or a cosmo, and they are all made with classic level liquors such as Absolute or Stoli vodka. As I mentioned in my above response, you can always upgrade for a minimum of 4 days on the back end of your cruise for 11.50 per day. The larger martinis were 12.00 and might have gone up to 13.00 since our Summit cruise last year, either way, they are covered if you have the Premium package as well as the concoctions at the Molecular Bar if you're sailing on a S Class ship.

Once the bartenders at the Ensemble lounge had a copy of the Martini bar menu and said they could do any of those martinis. Don't know if this is always the case or not. The Martini Bar Martinis are normally made in a larger size with premium spirits and run $10 or more. So the classic package does not apply. Don't know if they can, or will, make a smaller Flirtini with spirits included in your package or not. You can ask but I would not count on it.

You can get a Cosmo' date=' but they make it with Lime Cordial rather then fresh lime juice, which makes it VERY sweet. I always ask for the bartender to substitute the cordial for fresh lime juice and it's never been a problem.[/quote']

Good to know about the cordial. I will be sure to ask for lime juice in two short weeks.;)

Cosmopolitans and Margaritas, in my opinion, always taste better using fresh lime juice rather than mixes/cordials ... plus you avoid about 150 empty calories that the artificially flavored mix adds as well as the additives/preservatives/colors. If the drink is not sweet enough for your taste using fresh juice, you can ask the bartender to add a teaspoon of simple (sugar) syrup.

Edited by johnnycruise

Yes, you get your choice of a basic gin or vodka version, an appletini or a cosmo, all made with Classic level ingredients such as Absolute and served in a 5 oz glass. It can be obtained at most bars on board and is frowned upon at the Martini Bar.

"Frowned upon"????? Gimme a break. :screwy:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

The important thing to remember is with the premium package if you want a more expensive drink you only pay the difference - with classic you have to pay in full. If you like wine, the choices with the classic package are very limited. Some ships will make you a smaller martini at the martini bar, but we were on just on Solstice and they wouldn't apparently (we had premium package so only what I heard).

Interestingly before we boarded we wondered if all the bars would be packed as they did the drinks promo. (We cruised last year on Solstice before they did the promo and were worried about the difference). However what we found, and I don't know if this had more to do with the itinerary and demographic, but the bars were very quiet. General consensus from bar staff was that if you pay you want your monies worth, but if part of promo you can take it or leave it.

Is it up to $6 or including beers at $6? Last year when we sailed Sam Adams was included in the Classic Package; can't remember whether it was $5 or $6. Does anyone know if Sam Adams is still included?

If I bring two seapasses to a bar with the package, can I get two drinks? Curious if I can leave my mom by the pool or in the cabin and get drinks for both of us.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

"Frowned upon"????? Gimme a break. :screwy:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

No break to be given.....just reporting first hand experience on the Summit in October. One of the bartenders reluctantly made the guy next to me a small martini using regular Stoli and point blankly told him that the Martini Bar was for the higher end cocktails and that he could get a regular martini at any bar. I have no reason to embellish what happened right in front of me. All I'm doing is paying it forward and reporting on what I saw with my own two eyes, no second hand information here.

Is it up to $6 or including beers at $6? Last year when we sailed Sam Adams was included in the Classic Package; can't remember whether it was $5 or $6. Does anyone know if Sam Adams is still included?
Sam Adams is now 6.00 and is included with the classic, just like Corona and Heineken. A step above at 6.50, Stella and Guinness are only good with the Premium package, as well as any beers up to 13.00. Below is a link to prices of different bars from the end of 2013 when the price increase went into effect.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main

We got the premium package on our first Celebrity cruise on the Millennium... and it was well worth it... we're not huge drinkers but a couple of bottles of water when you're leaving the ship+2 specialty coffees a drink in the afternoon, martini before supper, wine with supper and a couple of drinks at the show... Baileys before bed...:no wait... maybe we drink more than the average... lol

It's really well worth it...::)

We just got off the Equinox & had a beverage package for the first time. Not sure I'll be able to cruise without one again because of the ease, nothing to sign (ever). We did have the premium package. I drank lots more Pellegrino & specialty teas & fresh squeezed juices than in past cruises. My DH was pleased, as the elite functions only seem to have bourbon (not rye) & he's a fan of Crown Royal. We have a cruise booked on Eclipse with the classic package that we'll use OBC to upgrade to premium as it was really enjoyable. The only thing on our bill was one shore excursion & one dinner in Tuscan Grille & 3 small gifts...that was exceptionally nice, oh yes, five pages of zeros from different drinks (I do wish they'd put the cost of the drink then our cost).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk