Brittania - register interest

veedee

Well over 4000 passengers.

Not for me thank you.

What a bun fight that will be when everyone is trying to get ashore at the same time. And just imagine it if they ever go to a tender port.

She's Royal Princess's twin. They have no issues with crowding or tendering so no idea why you thin Britannia will be any different

P&O's ad give past passenger discount (on website) plus loyalty discount

Price for a PA inside cabin on maiden cruise by P&O direct and 2 TAs was exactly the same £1229 pp and £1167pp after past passenger discount and that was quotes from first thing yesterday.

I can understand why people want to be on a maiden voyage however isnt there the risk of issues occuring where things have not bedded in? We were on Azura's first trip after her maiden and we noticed issues particularly with dining room service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

She's Royal Princess's twin. They have no issues with crowding or tendering so no idea why you thin Britannia will be any different

Am I right in thinking that Azura is the twin to a Princess ship that has more or less the same design but far less passengers? Just hope that Britannia isn't the same. Having said that, we have seen a cruise we like for July for a decent price and the cabins look beautiful so we are tempted. :)

Am I right in thinking that Azura is the twin to a Princess ship that has more or less the same design but far less passengers? Just hope that Britannia isn't the same. Having said that, we have seen a cruise we like for July for a decent price and the cabins look beautiful so we are tempted. :)

Yes, I think Azure is a twin of Princess's Grand Class.

Yes, I think Azure is a twin of Princess's Grand Class.

I think that they don't carry as many passengers. This is one of the reasons why we decided not to go with Azura for August 2014 ---- too many people squashed onboard. :)

Edited by Presto2
spelling mistake

Anyone looking to travel in school holidays given her billing as a family ship. Child prices sharing a stateroom 80% of first/second passenger. Could have accepted last years 60% but off to another line again especially as during term time 3rd/4th passengers travel at just 30%. Before people quote supply and demand which obviously I understand how can other charge less than 80% and make a profit and P&O it appears cannot?

Yes that is exactly the problem with Azura. Same ship as royal Princess, but many more passengers. The first three days at sea with inclment weather, I thought I would go mad, it was so crowded. it felt crowded throughout the cruise. Even in the computer room/library, it was noisy as they had dance classes right outside in the Atrium!!

Yes that is exactly the problem with Azura. Same ship as royal Princess, but many more passengers. The first three days at sea with inclment weather, I thought I would go mad, it was so crowded. it felt crowded throughout the cruise. Even in the computer room/library, it was noisy as they had dance classes right outside in the Atrium!!

Azure is a grand class ship, not the same as Royal

Azure is a grand class ship, not the same as Royal

Yes I know, but what I mean is that with Azura she was the same ships as the Grand Princess but carried a lot more passengers. I am curious incase the new Britannia is the same ship as the Royal Princess but will be expected to carry more passengers. Hope this makes sense.

Yes I know, but what I mean is that with Azura she was the same ships as the Grand Princess but carried a lot more passengers. I am curious incase the new Britannia is the same ship as the Royal Princess but will be expected to carry more passengers. Hope this makes sense.

No, no, I wasn't correcting you. Jeanlyon said Azure is the same as Royal and she's not. Britannia is the same as Royal and Regal Princess with just a few cosmetic changes.

Azura was the same as the Princess Grand Class but with an extra deck of cabins. Brittania has the same number of decks as Princess Royal but has added just a few single cabins. Dont think there will be the same crowding issues. However a common complaint about Princess Royal is the lack of central lifts and therefore the wait for lifts...that could be an issue.

Azura was the same as the Princess Grand Class but with an extra deck of cabins. Brittania has the same number of decks as Princess Royal but has added just a few single cabins. Dont think there will be the same crowding issues. However a common complaint about Princess Royal is the lack of central lifts and therefore the wait for lifts...that could be an issue.

Royal has centre lifts, but not a centre staircase. Looking at Britannia's deck plans, it doesn't look like she has them either :(

The later Princess Grand class ships such as Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby also had the extra deck, the same as Ventura and Azura. Essentially, other than some differences in layout, they are all the same size.

Brian

That's b******t, any TA worth his salt will ensure that they obtain a cabin of your choice, and possibly even the number you desire. Carnival are trying like mad to regain the trust of TA's after a string of disasters they brought on themselves by trying to reduce their commission, so they will ensure that TA customers get at least equal service to their own.

However it does not worry me because if I want to sail on this class from Southampton I will be booking a Royal Princess cruise, in that way I can guarantee that I will receive all price drops as a reduction in final price rather than a vague promise of extra OBC or a possible upgrade, very little of which ever happens.

Spot on John

Come on chaps, let's try and enjoy the buzz about the new ship. Got to say I loved the energy on the princess boards when Royal Princess was launching.

Yes but some people have a morbid hatred of P&O and will rubbish them at any opportunity. As you have seen.

Some are should read the T&C's of CC.

Gan Canny

Dai

To get things straight.

P&O do not allocate cabin numbers when pre registering. But on payment of a deposited they will guarantee a cabin of that grade.

A TA cannot guarantee anything apart from the fact they will try on the first morning to book a cabin you want at the grade you want.

As has been said the best TA will get you what you want. Apart from special cruises eg. a Maiden Voyage. If the ship is full with P&O pre registered passengers then no TA will get you a cabin. This is what happened on the 175 anniversary.

Remember that the high tier peninsular passengers will get a full day ahead of everyone else to book. I understand the two days are the 26th and 27th of March.

I cannot see there being much problem for any of the cruises apart from the maiden.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

Yes but some people have a morbid hatred of P&O and will rubbish them at any opportunity. As you have seen.

Some are should read the T&C's of CC.

...Come off it Kevin what part of "I do not think P&O cruisers would offer the same welcome" is not negative. The poster of that comment never says anything which is not negative about the company.Gan Canny Dai

Dai, I don't hate P&O, I just don't think they are the beginning and end of cruising like you do, and I don't mind you insulting me by name rather than by reference to a post.

My post on the other thread about Americans on P&O cruises was intended to help the OP make an informed choice by pointing out the potential problems.

My post on this thread highlighted my main issue with P&O which is the high level of launch prices vs the giveaway, sorry getaway fares they offer shortly after launch. As I have explained before, RCI manage to fill their ships without annoying all their early bookers, so why can't P&O. Or if they do need to make major price reductions why can't they operate a similar system to Princess and allow early bookers to take advantage of the new price and keep their deposit as well.

Finally, I do think that P&O offer quite a good product for the mass cruise market, not as good as the best, but certainly not the worst. However for anyone needing to book early to secure a specific cabin they are far too expensive for what is on offer, IMO of course.

Edited by terrierjohn

Dai, I don't hate P&O, I just don't think they are the beginning and end of cruising like you do, and I don't mind you insulting me by name rather than by reference to a post.

My post on the other thread about Americans on P&O cruises was intended to help the OP make an informed choice by pointing out the potential problems.

My post on this thread highlighted my main issue with P&O which is the high level of launch prices vs the giveaway, sorry getaway fares they offer shortly after launch. As I have explained before, RCI manage to fill their ships without annoying all their early bookers, so why can't P&O. Or if they do need to make major price reductions why can't they operate a similar system to Princess and allow early bookers to take advantage of the new price and keep their deposit as well.

Finally, I do think that P&O offer quite a good product for the mass cruise market, not as good as the best, but certainly not the worst. However for anyone needing to book early to secure a specific cabin they are far too expensive for what is on offer, IMO of course.

Well of course that is not my experience. We are doing a b to b on Azura in April and if we booked now it would not be cheaper. We have had it booked since last April. The same is the case for our cruises in September.

As you find my posts positive I have to say that all yours are negative. I use P&O as much because I do not fly. Therefore P&O give me far mor choice from Southampton than any other line having 6 ships based there. We have have always had excellent cruises with very few complaints. So why should I change.

Quite agree Terrierjohn. At getaway prices P&O are a good value product, at launch/Select prices they are not compared to say Celebrity. Also the ability to get back any overpayment if the price drops on Celebrity gives a bit more protection. P&O have to make it worthwhile for the customer to book early. Havingto drop Balcony cabins in the Caribbean to £999 inc. airfare cannot be business good for P&O. If they had offered these at say £1500 initially they would have sold a lot of them at launch.

I have booked the maiden voyage by pre registering and paying a deposit. I consider £110 per day for a balcony cabin on this cruise to be good value. There is still pre registration availability on many grades including balconies. The free for all starts on Mar 26 for high peninsular club levels and then on Mar 27 for everybody else, presumably including agents who I guess cannot pre register on behalf of clients. My cabin grade is guaranteed, once everything is booked up on Mar 27, not even agents will be able to book further cabins. The only way to be guaranteed a cabin is to pre register, not rely on an agent. Of course, it is possible that prices will rise before Mar 27 - the pre registration price I have paid is about 5% less than that showing on the P@O website and we also have free parking as part of the package.

I have booked the maiden voyage by pre registering and paying a deposit. I consider £110 per day for a balcony cabin on this cruise to be good value. There is still pre registration availability on many grades including balconies. The free for all starts on Mar 26 for high peninsular club levels and then on Mar 27 for everybody else, presumably including agents who I guess cannot pre register on behalf of clients. My cabin grade is guaranteed, once everything is booked up on Mar 27, not even agents will be able to book further cabins. The only way to be guaranteed a cabin is to pre register, not rely on an agent. Of course, it is possible that prices will rise before Mar 27 - the pre registration price I have paid is about 5% less than that showing on the P@O website and we also have free parking as part of the package.

Pete that 5% is the discount for past passengers.

The only cruise which is likely to sell out is the Maiden.

We are looking much later. But being Baltic and able to book on the 26th I do not foresee any problems.