elite laundry

wp bob

you can save time by ironing your clothes yourself in the laundry

This is what I do when I feel a shirt needs a touchup. Even though the shirts have been laundered, folding them adds creases we don't want to see. I did send my husband's suit jacket for pressing only; they did a good job. I just didn't want to tackle that myself.

Yes, you can get "Press only"

you can save time by ironing your clothes yourself in the laundry

I also think that using an iron in the laundromat is a better option. On the Royal's TA with so many elites onboard (and now reading about how many elites sent in other passengers laundry! :mad:) it took nearly a week to have my suit pressed. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

So maybe a limit of TWO bags of laundry a day per Elite? That seems more than generous to me. That way, caribill and any others can send out their dry cleaning and washing bags every day.

Obviously after the Royal's TA dry cleaning fiasco, they need to limit it on cruises where there are a lot of Elites or better yet, make an across-the-board limit so you can actually get your clothes back in a timely manner.

Recently I cruised on the Sapphire Princess and I only sent one bag of clothes to be washed. It cost $20. to be washed and the amount showed up on my account. BUT.... I was not charged for the washed clothes.

I wonder if that is how Princess now presently keeps tabs on how much clothes is being washed by an Elite customer and will be able to see the

abusers who take advantage.

Yes your account is charged for the laundry and then an offset adjustment is made for the same amount.

Mike:)

So maybe a limit of TWO bags of laundry a day per Elite? That seems more than generous to me. That way, caribill and any others can send out their dry cleaning and washing bags every day.

Obviously after the Royal's TA dry cleaning fiasco, they need to limit it on cruises where there are a lot of Elites or better yet, make an across-the-board limit so you can actually get your clothes back in a timely manner.

even two bags a day seems a lot, we send out two bags every 4-5 days but we have more than one change of clothes

I also think that using an iron in the laundromat is a better option. On the Royal's TA with so many elites onboard (and now reading about how many elites sent in other passengers laundry! :mad:) it took nearly a week to have my suit pressed. :eek:

That rumor was all over the ship; however, we could not verify it.

Our Cabin Steward did some checking for us.

We feel that the main problem was that many of us spent several days, pre Cruise, in Venice or other locations.

Then, when we boarded, we sent our laundry in on the first/second day.

The flimsy paper laundry bags wouldn't hold a day's clothes! One pair of jeans and it would rip. No, I don't wear jeans on the ship but tours in Europe in the fall are a bit chilly. Then you have undies and tops etc. I just don't see how they would hold several days clothing.

That rumor was all over the ship; however, we could not verify it.

Our Cabin Steward did some checking for us.

We feel that the main problem was that many of us spent several days, pre Cruise, in Venice or other locations.

Then, when we boarded, we sent our laundry in on the first/second day.

I was also on a precruise vacation & sent in laundry at the beginning of the cruise which only took a day or two to get back. As the cruise progressed it took longer each time until our last laundry sent about a week before the end which took nearly that much time.

The flimsy paper laundry bags wouldn't hold a day's clothes! One pair of jeans and it would rip. No, I don't wear jeans on the ship but tours in Europe in the fall are a bit chilly. Then you have undies and tops etc. I just don't see how they would hold several days clothing.

I'm a jeans girl; wear them most of the time. You must roll them as you should do with all of it. Lots of stuff can fit into the paper bag. Undies don't go, but tops do.

Princess was fully aware that a third of the passengers were elite & they would have problems handling all of the laundry. They compounded the problem by not being proactive & notifying us of the situation until it was too late. Towards the end of the cruise they finally sent a letter about the delays which they should have done during embarkation. They could have made some sort of limit to reduce the problems so they share some of the blame for it taking a week or more. :(

That rumor was all over the ship; however, we could not verify it. Our Cabin Steward did some checking for us.

I disagree. The stewards were all talking about it as they were the ones having to take the bags down, track them and deliver them. They knew exactly who was sending all the extra bags out. My steward was beside himself when telling me. The situation got worse, not better. At first, it was a 2-day delay; by the end of the cruise, it was an 7-8-day delay. That could only happen if people continued to send multiple bags a day. I've been on several other cruises with as many Elite, most of whom had done pre-cruise stays due to the port being in either South America or China, and there were never these problems. A slight delay the first day or so but then they caught up.

Princess was fully aware that a third of the passengers were elite & they would have problems handling all of the laundry. They compounded the problem by not being proactive & notifying us of the situation until it was too late. Towards the end of the cruise they finally sent a letter about the delays which they should have done during embarkation. They could have made some sort of limit to reduce the problems so they share some of the blame for it taking a week or more. :(

I have found this discussion very interesting.....and totally agree Princess

could have dedicated more staff to handle the situation.

What happened to the guests that were paying did they have to wait a week?

Edited by land lover

Interesting! I feel for all of you who were caught up in the situation. :(

On our last cruise on the Ruby, we never had paper bags for laundry. They were burlap bags with a draw string. They held quite a bit of clothes. They had "Laundry" on the outside.

Our cabin steward left lots of bags with the forms, but told us we could only send one bag a day. We did have small items brought back in the paper bags.

Interesting! I feel for all of you who were caught up in the situation. :(

It was sad & Princess could have managed it better but it certainly didn't prevent us from enjoying 18 wonderful days on the Royal. :D

Before becoming aware of the delays I sent my suit to be pressed which finally arrived 7 days later the morning of the last formal night...I thought I might have to go the laundry to press it myself. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

What happened to the guests that were paying did they have to wait a week?
They were in the same boat, so to speak. Everyone was treated the same: poorly. The stewards were first in line for the complaints and took a lot of abuse from angry passengers.

even two bags a day seems a lot, we send out two bags every 4-5 days but we have more than one change of clothes

I believe that the majority do have more than one change of clothes;) LOL, but I don't wear anything twice without being laundered...even at home.

Edited by Ethel5

I believe that the majority do have more than one change of clothes;) LOL, but I don't wear anything twice without being laundered...even at home.

yes people would have more than one change of clothes, we have enough for a week that why we send out the bag after 4-5 days

They were in the same boat, so to speak. Everyone was treated the same: poorly. The stewards were first in line for the complaints and took a lot of abuse from angry passengers.

LOL.....well I hope Princess learned from the experience, but I am sure the complaints spoke louder.

In a situation with so many elites I suggest they have the guests take their laundry to a dedicated area with hours for pick up and drop off and elimate the room attendants involvement all together. Set it up like your local dry cleaners lol. This way they can regulate the flow and elimiate some of the excess.

Edited by land lover

On our last cruise on the Ruby, we never had paper bags for laundry. They were burlap bags with a draw string. They held quite a bit of clothes. They had "Laundry" on the outside.

Our cabin steward left lots of bags with the forms, but told us we could only send one bag a day. We did have small items brought back in the paper bags.

A steward who clearly didnt know how to do his job then.