COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

From the delivery of Regal Princess Ceremony today: The 4 F's

Particularly elated by the presence of the Prime Minister and to the circumstance in general, the CEO of Fincantieri, Giuseppe Bono: "Italian excellence in the world can be summed up with 4" F ": Ferrari, fashion, food and Fincantieri."

Gosh darn it, I love the Italy and the Italian people.:D

Unknown-2.jpeg

Edited by need2cruisesoon

Thanks for posting the pictures, Dave!

Having just come back from our Royal cruise (loved, loved, loved it!), we are now anxiously awaiting our mini cruise on the Regal in November! :D

Thanks so much for posting this link! I've added it to my WorldView webcam collection on my iPad. Yesterday when I looked at it (which I did a few times!) there were people walking around the pool, etc. My husband said "hmmm... I hope they're not going to be sleeping in our brand new bed!" :-)

I can't believe this time next week we'll be in Venice, and getting ready to board the Regal for her maiden voyage. Very excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Silly question...I thought I remembered hearing something about the patter now also being available via the princess intranet. So you get one delivered to your room and then you can use the electronic copy while you are out and about in the ship...is this true? I thought it was on Royal and soon on Regal...please let me know if I am crazy or if it is true if anyone can tell me how it worked.;)

Silly question...I thought I remembered hearing something about the patter now also being available via the princess intranet. So you get one delivered to your room and then you can use the electronic copy while you are out and about in the ship...is this true? I thought it was on Royal and soon on Regal...please let me know if I am crazy or if it is true if anyone can tell me how it worked.;)

You will receive the regular printed Princess Patter in your cabin and you can access the onboard activities on your wireless device using the free Princess intranet. You can also access your shipboard account & menus for specialty dining options (paid & free) on the intranet & if I recall correctly the ship's itinerary.

As I recall a sign-in page is displayed on your device & you have the option to either sign-in to paid Internet minutes or to go to the free intranet.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You will receive the regular printed Princess Patter in your cabin and you can access the onboard activities on your wireless device using the free Princess intranet. You can also access your shipboard account and menus for specialty restaurants on the intranet & if I recall correctly the ship's itinerary.

Sweet, that is what I thought I heard/read. I keep my patters for my memory books and usually go to the front desk to get one to mangle during the day..now I can use the intranet to view it as my DH always has his kindle fire with him. I also love that we can check the account without having to waste the paper. I like to check once in awhile and feel bad having to print the account. Do you know if we are able to view it on our tv on the Regal?

Do you know if we are able to view it on our tv on the Regal?

If it's the same as the Royal then you cannot view it on your cabin TV. The reason given was that it would require a password and the very limited options on the remote control don't allow it. You do need a password to access it on your wireless device which has a "keyboard" to input that information unlike a TV remote.

If it's the same as the Royal then you cannot view it on your cabin TV. The reason given was that it would require a password and the very limited options on the remote control don't allow it. You do need a password to access it on your wireless device which has a "keyboard" to input that information unlike a TV remote.

That makes sense about the password and TV. We can't wait to be on the Regal..we want to see and try all the new things on board. Thank you for the info on the e-patter.

That makes sense about the password and TV. We can't wait to be on the Regal..we want to see and try all the new things on board. Thank you for the info on the e-patter.

If you have not viewed the photos that Dave posted from the Royal Princess follow this link to get them & a lot of great information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41072677&postcount=1

OMG I almost licked the computer screen!!! Not that it matters cause I will have to try at least one of those but do you recall the price?

It was $2.75 or another convenient thing was that you could use a coffee card punch to purchase them also. :D They had waffle cones and all kinds of sundaes & on sea days during the afternoon had crepe items. For 2 coffee card punches or $5.50 you could even get an alcoholic ice cream drink.

And if you enjoyed that poor quality screenshot then I must "caution" you that viewing Dave's great photos is even more tempting!!! ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

It was $2.75 or another convenient thing was that you could use a coffee card punch to purchase them also. :D They had waffle cones and all kinds of sundaes & on sea days during the afternoon had crepe items. For 2 coffee card punches or $5.50 you could even get an alcoholic ice cream drink.

And if you enjoyed that poor quality screenshot then I must "caution" you that viewing Dave's great photos is even more tempting!!! ;)

Hmm.... good to know....I am not a coffee drinker but DH does like ice coffee once in awhile and depending on how much the coffee card is and how many of those treats we will be munching on it may be worth buying a coffee card to share with DH...lol. I have a feeling I will be gaining more thant he 3 lbs I gained on our most recent cruise on the Regal... We love Alfredos and now they added more food and more in the IC....plus the buffett.....i better take the stairs and do some zumba for sure..lol

You will receive the regular printed Princess Patter in your cabin and you can access the onboard activities on your wireless device using the free Princess intranet. You can also access your shipboard account & menus for specialty dining options (paid & free) on the intranet & if I recall correctly the ship's itinerary.

As I recall a sign-in page is displayed on your device & you have the option to either sign-in to paid Internet minutes or to go to the free intranet.

Here are screenshots from the Royal: :)

basumyhy.jpg

uzyqamu8.jpg

ezytydy8.jpg

quju4aqu.jpg