How Do You Know It Was A Good Cruise?

Saphire

It is a good cruise when I feel refreshed, re energized, and ready to get back to everyday life. I just got off the Noordam on Friday, and I was actually looking forward to seeing my coworkers again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Usually, I'm simple and judge it by not having a catastrophe or emergency. But in thinking more, it's if I had a good enough time to want to come back, or left something undone -- even if that something undone was as simple as sitting in the Ocean Bar reading a book for an afternoon.

It was a good cruise we break routine which is very rushed at home. So if I slept past 6:00 each morning and we eat dinner together as a family each night I am a happy girl.

It is all good, if we enjoyed our cabin, the service and food on board, the entertainment, days at sea and in ports.

It is a good trip, if we got back and forth via air with no significant problems or delays.

We always looking forward to getting away and coming back home. :)

It is a good cruise:

If I gain weight

I'm totally relaxed

My body is worn out from having fun

I have forgotten how to make a bed

See a phone and think room service

Look over my pictures and remember the moments

Meet new friends

Can now place faces with the names on CC

Start figuring out when and where to cruise next

Our last cruise was more than good - it was fantastic :D

Wonderful ship, wonderful itinerary - marvelous roll call and a LOT of cruise critic friends who it felt like we already knew.

After 31 days - I turned to those that we were sharing our private transfer with and said "Is anyone happy to get off? " - they all said they could have stayed on for another segment. I felt the same way.

31 days is a fairly decent length of time and we were sorry to be leaving :)

Leaving the ship, the wonderful friends we made, the fun we had with them and everything that made the cruise so special:D

I felt this way on a Canal cruise on the original Royal Princess. I liked nothing about the ship. More than once I thought about getting off and flying home at the next port. The only time I ever felt this way on a ship.

Not sure why but everything about that ship felt wrong to me.

We did 2 cruises on the original Royal Princess. Once in the Baltic and another time for a full Panama Canal transit cruise and we loved the ship.

We know it is a good cruise when we have found our stateroom, booked dinner in the Pinnacle Grill, and met with the Future Cruise Consultant to put a deposit on at least one more cruise! The wonderful crew and friendly fellow passengers seem to take care of the rest. Actually, we have enjoyed every cruise we have ever taken.;)

Good Cruise?

For us, suspending our day to day work schedules and spending time together in 'adventure' mode works for us (regardless of travel mode).

However, when crusing we enjoy the cruise ship's amenities, meeting good folks & exploring new territories.

Memories of a 'Good Cruise' will be always be a subject of a dinner table monologue & discussion.

Naturally, those of us that enjoy the sea will 'see the sea' and ocassionaly lean to 'port' in the kitchen when it not's necessary.

That's a great cruise memory.

Be well.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob