Time rooms are ready?

We'll be sailing in the Independence in a few weeks and are wondering about when we will be able to get to our stateroom...we're not looking for the official Royal Caribbean response, but what you have personally experienced on Royal Caribbean ships recently.

We're used to sailing on Carnival in the Caribbean, which also gives a set time that rooms will be available, but we've always arrived on board around 11am-12pm and went to our rooms right away to drop off all of our carry on luggage. Each time our room has always been ready hours before the posted time. (Although, the room stewards are still cleaning some of the rooms, we've so far lucked out with a room that's been cleaned.) We're wondering if it is similar on Royal Caribbean or if the hallways to rooms are blocked until the official time?

We'll be sailing in the Independence in a few weeks and are wondering about when we will be able to get to our stateroom...we're not looking for the official Royal Caribbean response, but what you have personally experienced on Royal Caribbean ships recently.

We're used to sailing on Carnival in the Caribbean, which also gives a set time that rooms will be available, but we've always arrived on board around 11am-12pm and went to our rooms right away to drop off all of our carry on luggage. Each time our room has always been ready hours before the posted time. (Although, the room stewards are still cleaning some of the rooms, we've so far lucked out with a room that's been cleaned.) We're wondering if it is similar on Royal Caribbean or if the hallways to rooms are blocked until the official time?

Usually @ 1:30

Edited by GTO-Girl

Has anyone event went on and dropped their bags in the room before they opened the doors to the corridors? I carry my laptop bag with me and my two choices are pretty much take it to the room as soon as I get on board or not enjoy myself until I can take it to the room. I've never had any problems taking it to my room on Carnival(I always ask at guest services first), but didn't know how Royal's polices differed. If it is a problem, would being a suite guest help? Could I somehow contact the concierge when I get on board and have him take care of it?

Just one of a million questions I'm going to have before November. lol

We had to haul our carry on with us, had lunch then went to the pool deck and met up with the CC group. Had a drink and the cabins were ready by 1:00. Dropped our bags and started to explore. The doors were closed and the crew are busy, I personally wouldn't ask to get in early.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Has anyone event went on and dropped their bags in the room before they opened the doors to the corridors? I carry my laptop bag with me and my two choices are pretty much take it to the room as soon as I get on board or not enjoy myself until I can take it to the room. I've never had any problems taking it to my room on Carnival(I always ask at guest services first), but didn't know how Royal's polices differed. If it is a problem, would being a suite guest help? Could I somehow contact the concierge when I get on board and have him take care of it?

Most people have a roller bag or carry bag with them. You won't be alone. You will not be able to get to your room until they open the corridors. Usually around 1pm.

The only passengers you will see using those corridors will be those on B2B. You can expect to be challenged if you do try.... I was allowed to hide out one year on Adventure when I was my daughter's birthday surprise.... I did ask and would have accepted a refusal.

You actually do have a third choice - don't get there until 1. Even if you could get past the closed doors and posted security, I still wouldn't trust leaving anything in the cabin as the doors are left open while the crew cleans.

never before 1 pm for us. which is the stated time.

My suggestion... get a backpack that can carry your laptop. Much more comfortable than an over the shoulder bag, and leaves both arms free.

I don't bring the laptop on cruises, but it's what I do for flights.