Are Ship Photographers annoying

Eaglemad

Well, let me put it this way. We live in Puerto Vallarta during the winter and spend a lot of time on Los Muertos Beach were their are numerous vendors bugging us all day long (we can say "No Gracias" in our sleep). Ship's photographers sometimes bother me more then those vendors :). Sometimes I actually tell them "No Gracias" but I think they do not get the connection :)

Hank

They didn't annoy us very much on board. Easy enough to just walk past them, or to say no thank you if they came to our table in the dining room.

But getting off the ship on port days felt like we were running the gauntlet with multiple photographers getting in the way and asking us to stop for a photo op. It was really annoying.

Sometimes. If we are getting off in port, we tend to just walk by with a "no, thank you" and they leave us alone. Harder is when you are in the dining room, they will come by sometime later during the service. I know I will not buy these "dirty dishes" pictures, but it's harder to dissuade them from taking the photo. Since it takes less than a minute, I just let them take it, knowing I will not buy them.

If the lines aren't long for the evening photos, we will stop then and have them done. Usually after dinner is a better time, no lines then. We will not wait in a long line.

When we go to the photo shop and I see any pics we don't like, they can be discarded. We discard quite a few and by the last night there are just a few left grouped together to choose from. We usually purchase one or two photos from the week, if we find any that we like.

Doesn't bother us at all ... we usually just say "no thank you" and walk around, wherever they are.

Sometimes it's easier & faster to just let them take a picture and we do.

Since we are diamonds on Royal C, we now get a free picture each, so on our last cruise we did let them take more pictures than we've done in the past. Can't pick a free one if there are no pictures to choose from!

I have asked many people I know who have been on cruises, and their replies are based off the cruise line they sailed.

This is a valid statement in my opinion. We have found them almost non-existant unless you sought them out on Disney, annoying on RCCL, and always there when you wanted them but never intrusive on Windstar.

I will be setting off on my first cruise on 1st June 2014 on the Sea Princess and I am just wondering are the ship photographers pushy or annoying and do they request photos throughout the cruise?

When they ask at dressy dinners if we want a photo we say No. The photographer moves on. Not annoying.

When embarking, and at ports, if we don't wish a photo we simply say No Thanks and move on. No problem.

So we do not think the photographers are annoying.

Princess isn't bad compared to, say, Carnival (where they go around with a costumed character to take your photo at dinner every. single. night.).

:confused::confused::confused:

Hunh? Are you talking about Disney?

We just got off Carnival and saw no such thing. Any. single. night.

Wish we had though, since we travel with a child that would've been fun.

Nope. Carnival Pride out of Baltimore (see, it's in my signature).

By "character" I mean pirate or mermaid, not Micky Mouse or Spongebob. Not a character every night but the photographers were working the dining room every night.

The only time I was annoyed by photographers on our Carnival Spirit cruise was in the dining room. The photographer and a staff member dressed up as a pirate were making the rounds. The pirate didn't even ask, just threw her arm around your neck with her sword in hand and the photographer snapped away.

We never saw the pictures. They probably weren't fit to print because we both looked annoyed and shocked from the sudden fake pirate sword at our throats in the middle of dinner.

We're off on our first NCL cruise next month so we'll see how they handle things.

Doesn't happen during dinner in DCL. Only the character breakfast in longer sailings in the classic ships.

Only once did we find it difficult- we were joining a ship soon after a bereavement, and really just wanted to get on board and relax. Instead, we were literally taken by the arms and taken to a painted backcloth of a ship, and made to stand still whilst we were photographed- we objected, but they were really forceful.... the photograph was displayed, and you could see the stress in our faces. Since then we just go through the motions and stand there for the couple of seconds it takes, before we embark.