No sugar desserts

allaboardsharon

Hi. I'm diabetic and don't usually bother worrying about my sugar intake while in away, I usually have cheese for dessert but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how easy it is to get no sugar desserts? Do I need to notify celebrity in advance? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The sugar free ice cream referenced by Bailey and Sophie is the no additional charge ice cream in the buffet. In addition to the sugar free desserts in the MDR there is generally a sugar free offering at the afternoon snack which features small sandwiches, dry cake, cookies and desserts.

Hi. I'm diabetic and don't usually bother worrying about my sugar intake while in away, I usually have cheese for dessert but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how easy it is to get no sugar desserts? Do I need to notify celebrity in advance? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband is also diabetic; we cruised 11 times, twice with Celebrity. The MDR dessert menu always has one or two sugar free options as well as a sugar free ice cream and a cheese plate. Sugar free options also available at Cafe al Bacio (very good) and the buffet.

As for the ice cream, he says Celebrity has the BEST sugar free ice cream he has ever eaten, especially the vanilla and butter pecan

Enjoy your trip!

I do not recall seeing any food item promoted as "sugar free", but I have seen, and enjoyed, items listed as "no sugar added", even though I am not diabetic.

Since I may have overlooked these, are there food items that are truly "Sugar free"?

I do not recall seeing any food item promoted as "sugar free", but I have seen, and enjoyed, items listed as "no sugar added", even though I am not diabetic.

Since I may have overlooked these, are there food items that are truly "Sugar free"?

Just returned today from Reflection- there were many no sugar added desserts but I did not see any listed as "sugar free". The butter pecan ice cream was notable! The no sugar added peanut butter cookies were quite good also.

Just returned today from Reflection- there were many no sugar added desserts but I did not see any listed as "sugar free". The butter pecan ice cream was notable! The no sugar added peanut butter cookies were quite good also.

They use the phrase "no sugar added" since they are not permitted to say "sugar free".

You can email Celebrity Cruises and put in a request.

Email: special_needs@rccl.com

This is for any dietary needs you may have. I actually write to them and request a no sugar and low sodium diet for myself as well as a Gluten Free (Celiac Disease) diet for my wife. In fact they are even providing me with an extension cord and bottle of distilled water for my CPAP Machine.

Good Luck!

As some have already said, the desserts are "No Sugar Added" since many have fruit incorporated and fruit have natural sugar or cream which also has natural sugars. One of my favorite is the banana, blueberry creeps. Delicious.

They even have no sugar added syrup at the waffle & pancake station in the Oceanview buffet. It will be in packs and sometimes you have to ask for them. They have always found some for me.

The no sugar desserts are always together and labeled as such.

Enjoy!