No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises

Yup. when I got up this morning and found the page still the same as last night, one would think Royal would shut the page down while under possible construction or this is the real new balcony discounts!!:eek:

If those discounts are real, it sure would take the sting out of 100% single supplements, but based on all the mock bookings folks have done, it doesn't appear that they are. :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If those discounts are real, it sure would take the sting out of 100% single supplements, but based on all the mock bookings folks have done, it doesn't appear that they are. :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I called RCL.. There is an issue with the CAS webpage right now and the 3-4 night Balcony & Suite discount isnt showing, however this has not been elimiated and just a technical error which will be corrected shortly. Only the OBC chart changed.

I called RCL.. There is an issue with the CAS webpage right now and the 3-4 night Balcony & Suite discount isnt showing, however this has not been elimiated and just a technical error which will be corrected shortly. Only the OBC chart changed.

Yes, I was on the phone with them this morning as well. . 3-4 nights still getting discounts also, everyone's page is showing Diamond+/pinnacle discounts, but when you actually go to book it, it'll give the rates that it should be. Sorry =|

Check out your Tier Level Page under C&A and see what it says. On ours there is no balcony discount for 3-5 night cruises any more.

I'm sure that's just a case of their crappy IT dept again.....:rolleyes:

there ya go!

Edited by PH8

Yes, I was on the phone with them this morning as well. . 3-4 nights still getting discounts also, everyone's page is showing Diamond+/pinnacle discounts, but when you actually go to book it, it'll give the rates that it should be. Sorry =|

Well that's certainly good news. If, indeed, it's correct. Wasn't it posted yesterday that someone had spoken to C & A and there was supposedly a memo to them stating that the balcony discount for 3-5 nights had indeed been eliminated?

Edited by yj2cute

Well that's certainly good news. If, indeed, it's correct. Wasn't it posted yesterday that someone had spoken to C & A and there was supposedly a memo to them stating that the balcony discount for 3-5 nights had indeed been eliminated?

Yes, what is it CC says. Keep calling and you'll get a different answer or the one you want to hear!!!:p

Apparently,the rep they talked to had no clue..:rolleyes: Can't blame them though...changes and IT errors.............who can keep up??

Apparently,the rep they talked to had no clue..:rolleyes: Can't blame them though...changes and IT errors.............who can keep up??

You just have to wonder about the communication methods that RCI employs. To me it seems that they rely way too much on memos for some very pertinent information for their reps.

Booking a couple cruises last night for 2016 on Oasis and the rep stared saying "Oh, this is weird" when looking at the new categorization with the D1 cabins and quad occupancy. I had to explain to him what had been done. His reply was a nonchalant "I must have missed reading that memo"

I do feel sorry for them with all the changes that are happening but how hard can it be to read the memos when you start your shift.

You just have to wonder about the communication methods that RCI employs. To me it seems that they rely way too much on memos for some very pertinent information for their reps.

Booking a couple cruises last night for 2016 on Oasis and the rep stared saying "Oh, this is weird" when looking at the new categorization with the D1 cabins and quad occupancy. I had to explain to him what had been done. His reply was a nonchalant "I must have missed reading that memo"

I do feel sorry for them with all the changes that are happening but how hard can it be to read the memos when you start your shift.

Now that's pretty sad. YOU have to explain to HIM about the deck plans. Smh..

It's a challenge, keeping any call center up to speed with changes day to day or even week to week. Every hour spent on updating reps means longer hold times for customers.

Yup. when I got up this morning and found the page still the same as last night, one would think Royal would shut the page down while under possible construction or this is the real new balcony discounts!!:eek:

I will just tell you this - My sister is Diamond, she looked at her profile and it showed $25 more for a balcony discount than before. I called Royal and they say - oh oh that is a mistake! I sent them the screen shot and they told me they would do a one time honor of that but it was for sure a technical error and that balcony discounts did not go up, only the OBC's changed. So not sure if the "no balcony discount for less than 6 nights" is true or just another "technical problem". Since everyone seems to be getting different answers, it is hard to figure out what is really going on.

It's a challenge, keeping any call center up to speed with changes day to day or even week to week. Every hour spent on updating reps means longer hold times for customers.

Thousands of businesses seem to do it better than RCCL.:rolleyes: Not buying this as an excuse.

Based on numerous threads here they can't get the "memo's" to their bartenders about the drink packages either.......

Edited by bouhunter

Since everyone seems to be getting different answers, it is hard to figure out what is really going on.

That you can take to the bank!!;)

I was wondering if I could get that extra $25 if I actually wanted to book something now. Believe it or not-one would think they would have to honor it. Why the page is still showing that is actually embarrassing for them now. Platinum and Emerald members should be all over that glitch right now!!

NO!!!!!!

Say it isn't so! ;) :p :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

For what it's worth, I was on the phone with someone I've dealt with quite a bit in the D+ department this afternoon who has always been very reliable, so I asked him about this... he knew immediately what I was talking about and said that it's an IT problem... there hasn't been any change to the balcony discounts.

He said the IT department was supposed to make a change to the Next Cruise information provided on the website, but somehow the balcony discount information was affected in the process.

For what it's worth, I was on the phone with someone I've dealt with quite a bit in the D+ department this afternoon who has always been very reliable, so I asked him about this... he knew immediately what I was talking about and said that it's an IT problem... there hasn't been any change to the balcony discounts.

He said the IT department was supposed to make a change to the Next Cruise information provided on the website, but somehow the balcony discount information was affected in the process.

Any business this size would normally have the user content (as we're talking about) controlled by marketing/product, not IT. Marketing have to approve changes and typically control them.

Either RCCL or has a very odd and ineffective structure, or IT made a really major error - changing something they weren't meant to, or it's just easy blame on IT, which isn't correct (not that IT don't get things wrong too, like access issues and incorrect error messages.)

Edited by The_Big_M

Has anyone's C&A pages been corrected? I see my D+ page is now showing the balcony discount for 3-5 night cruises. Anyone below D+ seen the discount amounts corrected or are they still showing the same as D+?

My Emerald page is now showing the correct amounts including the 3-5 night balcony/suite discount.

I am so beyond confused. Can someone please verify/confirm/advise/let me know/inform or what ever word will work what balcony discount and OBC I should be getting for the following bookings? Thanks and sorry for being a bit of a dimwit with this.

Booked onboard after March 15. D+ C&A status.

7 day in JS

7 day in a D1

My confirmation invoices are showing $250 balcony discount for both with an OBC of $200 for the JS and $100 for the D1.

Thanks for your help.

I am so beyond confused. Can someone please verify/confirm/advise/let me know/inform or what ever word will work what balcony discount and OBC I should be getting for the following bookings? Thanks and sorry for being a bit of a dimwit with this.

Booked onboard after March 15. D+ C&A status.

7 day in JS

7 day in a D1

My confirmation invoices are showing $250 balcony discount for both with an OBC of $200 for the JS and $100 for the D1.

Thanks for your help.

These discounts and OBC are correct according to the current rates. It's actually the same as it was before the change on March 14. The changes apply to cabins lower than a balcony and for shorter than 7 nights. And for open bookings, not specific sailing booked on board. You're good to go!