Cabin next to launderette

#1Nanna

Can someone please share your experience, good or bad with an inside cabin next to a launderette. I am wondering if there is a lot if noise from washers/dryers or door slamming? I am really only worried about this at night. Thanks!

Can someone please share your experience, good or bad with an inside cabin next to a launderette. I am wondering if there is a lot if noise from washers/dryers or door slamming? I am really only worried about this at night. Thanks!

Usually very quiet.

Is it a balcony accross the hall or an inside?

Never had a problem with it and in fact try to get a cabin close to one - very convenient on a longer cruise if washing is necessary. On short cruises it is nice to be able to pop in and touch something up with an iron. I've never heard anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks so much to everyone for your quick responses! I was not aware that the laundry room closes at night, that would make a huge difference I'm sure. I went ahead a booked an inside cabin next to laundromat for our 10 day Mexico cruise on the Star - Jan 2015 : )

The biggest issue we ever had with close proximity to a laundry room was the noise generated by loud conversations just outside the laundry room door. It doesn't happen often. If it does get too loud, just poke your head out of your cabin door and add a comment about their topic. They'll get the message.

If you were going on a 2 week or longer cruise itinerary, there would be more use of the facilities. In your case, I wouldn't worry too much.

As stated, the laundries close pretty early. I like to sleep in on sea days. So that would be the time I'd worry. Anything before 8 a.m. would not be good for us.;)