Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I thought the ctn's were abolished as of 2016, but I could be wrong.

I think you are right, but we are talking about a week in 2015. The 3 day that week isn't a CTN anyway, because it goes to GSC.

Edited by LrgPizza

Only if you're standing at the rail, does not look like if you are in the chair under the overhang it will be a big deal. And at least you can spread out a bit more than the standard balconies.

The M6 has little privacy but the size makes up for it.

Good points.

All those standard balcony rooms from deck 10 on up have really small balconies right?

Edited by Yorkvillain

Oh man. I'm dreading that I took room #9734 now. No privacy above or below.

Finally, I can see our cabin! Ready to roll! Seems the change in departure times from some ports is fleet wide, not just Escape. Oh well, been to all the ports plenty of times, I just want to see the ship this time.

Good points.

All those standard balcony rooms from deck 10 on up have really small balconies right?

yep... really small

here is an old thread debating the M6 vs aft etc...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843427

the cool quote is;

if they are looking down at you, its a guarantee that those poor saps up in the tiny balcony staterooms will be looking down in in both frustration and envy as you stretch out in the sun on your huuuuge M6 balcony, while they struggle to find away just to sit and extend their legs .

Thinking back on all of our cruises and ports, two of ur absolute favorites re the late back to ship times. 10 pm in Barbados and midnight in Cozumel. There I something really neat about staying through sunset in port.... But I beat costs the ship $$ in bar business. Anyone know why there aren't more late departures?

Anyone know why there aren't more late departures?

Provided the next stop is one that doesn't require extra time in order to save fuel, then I would guess it's because passengers tend to drink in the evenings, and they want them spending that money on the ships.

I didn't look myself but just guessing from what you found. I bet they had some "cruises to nowhere" planned during that time and when they couldn't offer them any longer they left it open or booked a charter to fill it.

Cruises to nowhere, for every cruise line, got cancelled because of new regulations. They will no longer be doing them

Just checked my itinerary for the 11/ 14 cruise. They moved up the departure time from St Thomas to 3pm. This former St Thomas resident is Not Happy:mad: Since Tortola is a 30 min ferry ride away, we would have been sailing in circles as it is.

Ready to cancel

My May 2016 Escape cruise still shows St. Thomas from 8am to 6pm. That's a long time off though, so it could change multiple times between now and then.

Have they officially changed the departure time for St. Thomas. It used to be 6:00 pm. My vacation summary now says 3:00 pm. Is this a way to say on Fuel.

Leaving St. Thomas at 3 p.m. now? Not really happy about that change. Three hours is a lot of time.

This was posted on another thread, and now on the Escape website:

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today the introduction of à la carte specialty dining at the line’s signature specialty restaurants, providing guests the freedom to savor an array of tastes and gourmet dishes and the flexibility to choose how many courses they wish to enjoy during their meal.

Guests will experience the ultimate in Freestyle Cruising beginning this October on the all-new Norwegian Escape, where they can choose to dine at any of 11 complimentary dining options or experience new flavors at Norwegian’s signature specialty restaurants La Cucina, Le Bistro, Cagney’s Steakhouse and the new Bayamo by James Beard Award winning chef Jose Garces, on an à la carte basis. (Highlight mine)

Norwegian’s signature specialty restaurants on Norwegian Escape will feature enhanced menus that include favorite dishes and new tastes alike, offering guests the freedom to select how many courses they’d like to enjoy during their dinner, with per-item pricing. Whether guests wish to have a light meal of a favorite appetizer and soup or salad, or indulge in a multi-course dinner featuring Maine lobster, with Norwegian’s new à la carte options, guests will now have the opportunity to create their desired dining experience, just as they would at any land-based restaurant.

At Cagney’s Steakhouse, starters on the new à la carte menu range from $4.99 to $7.95 and main courses from $17.99 to $29.99, featuring Certified Angus Beef® brand steaks, the world’s leading Angus brand and consumers’ top choice for premium beef. At Le Bistro, guests will find delicious new main courses in addition to traditional French favorites, including Bouillabaisse, Pan-Seared Jumbo Bay Scallops and Veal Medallions with Sauce Morrel, starting at $15.99. And guests looking to find a taste of “la dolce vita” will be transported to the Mediterranean when they choose from an expanded menu at La Cucina, featuring antipasti, pasta, risotto and traditional secondi courses starting at $12.99 including Osso Buco alla Milanese, Free-Range Chicken with Prosciutto or Pan-Seared Sea Bass Filet.

Moderno Churrascaria and Teppanyaki will remain at a cover charge of $19.95 and $29.95 respectively, as will entertainment dining including Wine Lovers The Musical and For The Record™: The Brat Pack.

Guests who purchase a Norwegian Specialty Dining Package have the freedom to indulge as they wish, as Specialty Dining Packages will allow guests to enjoy La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney’s Steakhouse at no additional charge. Guests with a Specialty Dining Package can dine in Bayamo by Jose Garces for an additional fee of $15.

In addition to Norwegian Escape’s specialty restaurants, Ocean Blue on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway will also begin offering à la carte options on October 3, 2015, and the new à la carte dining will be available fleetwide beginning January 1, 2016. Other entertainment dining across the fleet, including Cirque Dreams & Dinner and The Illusionarium, will remain at a cover charge. For those guests who wish to reserve their dining times ahead of time, they can continue to do so via MyNCL; there is no charge to make a reservation and guests will have any à la carte selections added to their onboard account at the time of dining.

For more information on Norwegian Cruise Line’s specialty dining, visit http://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining#specialty. To book a cruise on Norwegian, guests can contact their travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com.###

Does anyone know what the 11 complementary dining venues will be? I can only come up with 7: 3 MDRs, Private Room at Taste, Margaritaville, Osheehans, and the buffet. Any ideas on what the other four would be?

Could include 5 o'clock somewhere and District Brewhouse, maybe? And I notice they don't list Food Republic and Tobacco Road as ala carte options in the quoted sentence? It would be awesome if those are complementary!

Really stretching a bit, they count the 24 hour menu at O'Sheehans separately, the two Haven venues separately (lounge & restaurant), the Studio lounge and room service on the linked, and now outdated, pdf for a total of 12?!?

Note this is the first time I have seen the Bayamo price at equal to Ocean Blue. I must have missed this before.

http://www.ncl.com/diningguide

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

There is a 3-nighter from 11/11-11/14 that many of us are booked on. Miami-GSC and back. It was pulled from the website a couple of months ago, apparently sold out. I think the nights between 11/8 and the 11/11 cruise are for industry peeps.

OK, thanks! That makes sense.

--Michael

Leaving St. Thomas at 3 p.m. now? Not really happy about that change. Three hours is a lot of time.

If there was more distance between the two ports, I would have an easier time understanding the change. But it's a bit baffling since St. Thomas and Tortola are so close :confused:

Will all of the Balcony rooms on Escape be "covered" or are some of the balconies exposed to direct sun (and rain :()? And if so, which ones? Just want to make sure that we stay dry as we sit out each evening. :)

We're going to be on Deck 10 AFT.

Edited by cruisin2alaska

The renderings from eroller and NCL of tobacco road look like its enclosed in some room-like fashion.

930_tobacco-a_zpsnpdeuhue.jpg

That Ain't Anything Like the Real Tabacco Road Saloon where I spent a lot of time and money ........... LOL

Here was the Real Thing.

TobaccoRdMiami3_zpsaalxuynx.jpg

TobaccoRdMiami1_zpsic0zov9l.jpg

Sooooo, does anyone know what would happen if we purposely missed the ship in STT and met up with it the next day in Tortola? We'd have our passports and credit cards with a few things with us "just in case we missed the ship". I'd only do this if they screw with the time on STT on the May 29 cruise. It would be fairly easy to do:cool::

Good grief. I guess you can't post a direct link to a certain website here to look at the ferry schedule so try this:

V I now dot com and click on ferry schedule in top right corner.

Edited by vital1
because link was disrupted