I finally found out what modern luxury is

ghstudio

While waiting (endlessly) for a celebrity agent, I had the opportunity to learn what modern luxury is thanks to the recording that played continuously (this is an exact transcript) :

1) more than a room, its an escape within an escape, that's modern luxury

2) the mundane and ordinary are left behind but an endless array of captivation is always at hand, that's modern luxury

3)every minute detail and painstaking logistics are skillfully navigated by someone else, celebrity shore excursions, that's modern luxury

4)the world has changed, tastes have changed, maybe luxury vacations could use an update as well, that's modern luxury

5) what you want a nanosecond before you knew you wanted it, that's modern luxury

So there you are folks....it's finally defined :)

Edited by ghstudio

Well, I would perhaps define it a bit differently. Modern luxury to me would be that Celebrity answers the phone when you call. Oh wait, maybe that's old-fashioned luxury. I'll take the old-fashioned version, thank you very much. My travel agent is currently going bananas trying to move my onboard bookings. To move those, she has to call.

I”m fortunate my TA is good and responsive 24/7, literally.

Many whine about “middlemen” and dealers and such….to each his own but I like that a guy depends on my business to make his living, and I don’t have to worry about some corporation or call center.

FWIW

I actually rang a company the other day and a person answered after one ring. I wasn't ready, and I was so shocked. Then....to top it all off, they were able to answer my question quickly without transferring me. I know....you probably think I am dreaming, but it actually happened! :eek:

That will be the next phase of modern luxury, I agree, get some extra staff on the phones when you have a sale on, or the IT department can't fix those endless problems.

My travel agent is currently going bananas trying to move my onboard bookings. To move those, she has to call.

I know the feeling.....no way to ''redeploy'' the onboard bookings but to call, even for us agents......recent wait time has been averaging ~~ 30 minutes......and THEN, have to deal with a human who is not always the ''fastest waiter on the floor''.....Celebrity has redefined ''modern luxury''...and got all of us to redefine ''patience''....

Cheers

I actually rang a company the other day and a person answered after one ring. I wasn't ready, and I was so shocked. Then....to top it all off, they were able to answer my question quickly without transferring me. I know....you probably think I am dreaming, but it actually happened!
I believe you because that happened to me too when I called Captain's Club a few weeks ago.

I think I just got lucky on the timing. I was also shocked when they picked up right away so I did not even get to listen to any of their recorded modern luxury messages.

I even was naive enough to start thinking that maybe, just maybe, they had the telephone problem fixed at last.

But then the next time I needed to call them, about a week later, I got the usual wait on hold listening to their annoying recordings while I sat reading Cruise Critic, which is naturally the correct thing to be doing while waiting on hold to speak to someone about a cruise. ;)

In fairness though, I must say that once they answered the phone they were usually very efficient in taking care of whatever I was calling about, promptly and correctly, and then immediately sending me an updated invoice.

Why do most of those slogans sound like they were translated into English from the speaker's native language? Is that telling us something about the location of customer service?

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

In Celebrity's case... for US & Canadian guests - most of the reps are based in Wichita (Captains Club) or Florida (most CVP's). With each passing day, it's getting tougher to find US based customer service. Good for Celebrity !

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

In Celebrity's case... for US & Canadian guests - most of the reps are based in Wichita (Captains Club) or Florida (most CVP's). With each passing day, it's getting tougher to find US based customer service. Good for Celebrity !

With so many people looking for work, you would think it wouldn't be too hard to set up a decent customer service.............unless X does not consider long wait on the phone is a major problem.

With so many people looking for work, you would think it wouldn't be too hard to set up a decent customer service.............unless X does not consider long wait on the phone is a major problem.

From celebrity's point of view, they don't need to beef up customer service because their web site is so good.....

With so many people looking for work, you would think it wouldn't be too hard to set up a decent customer service........quote]

The Parent Company of the Company I work for has 2 call centers, 1 in a third world country, and 1 in Texas, with wages starting at $15 hr, a review at 60 days with an increase, the list goes on. 30% of the chairs are empty and 47% of the rest dont make it the 60 days.

My employees get a nice size 'bird dog fee' if they refer someone that makes it to the 60 day cut. It is a lot toughter than I thought to keep help.

Now think about how long some of us have been taking a cruise, and we still have questions?:eek: These poor customer service reps dont stand a chance. No wonder they cant keep the phone lines staffed.

I continue to be amazed at the number of people who seemingly do nothing but complain about Celebrity's customer service, web site, & the lack of continuity on their ships, but still insist on sailing with them. Just move on!

"Modern Luxury" means choices.

In this case, hang up and book a different cruise line.

Celebrity needs to shape up or take the consequences.

Alex

I continue to be amazed at the number of people who seemingly do nothing but complain about Celebrity's customer service, web site, & the lack of continuity on their ships, but still insist on sailing with them. Just move on!

Rich, can I stand at the rail at sail away with you!:)

Why have I never had these problems?? I only call Captains Club, longest wait maybe 5 min. Is it because I am on the West a coast and are calling in off hours? But then if I am calling early 8am our time , it is 11 am back east so that is probably busy as well. Can't explain it lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances

Why have I never had these problems?? I only call Captains Club, longest wait maybe 5 min. Is it because I am on the West a coast and are calling in off hours? But then if I am calling early 8am our time , it is 11 am back east so that is probably busy as well. Can't explain it lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We too have never had a problem and we're on the east coast. Perhaps we've been very lucky but have no long waits and I doubt any wait was 5 minutes. Weird.

I”m fortunate my TA is good and responsive 24/7, literally.

Many whine about “middlemen” and dealers and such….to each his own but I like that a guy depends on my business to make his living, and I don’t have to worry about some corporation or call center.

FWIW

I more than agree, this will be our eighth cruise, and we have never booked with the line directly.. Have gotten great service from the TA's and received lots and lots of perks to boot! OBC, Drink packages, various things in our room when boarding, (flowers, champagne, fruit, etc.), vouchers towards excursions... I could go on and on.

BTW, my Captains Club Points are accumulated just as everyone else's..

And if I have a question or problem, I've got someone to speak to and will get back to me with a answer.. Gees, it's almost like a concierge...

I actually rang a company the other day and a person answered after one ring. I wasn't ready, and I was so shocked. Then....to top it all off, they were able to answer my question quickly without transferring me. I know....you probably think I am dreaming, but it actually happened! :eek:

Mothers are good that way...