Rome Cabs

SID1962

Folks,

Being the worry wart I am, I thought I would ask the following question.

We are on the 4/26 TA on Reflection. We made a reservation with Rome Cabs from the port to our hotel in Rome.

We clicked on the confirmation link. We have all the information and confirmation number.

Still worry. Why? I don't know how to confirm the reservation. It says once you have clicked the link you don't need to, but.......

So I am asking if anyone else has used them from the port to Rome (hotel or airport), and if you confirmed the reservation. If so, how? Did you call? I just want to feel more comfortable that my wife and I won't be left at the pier with no ride.

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

The price of a hired car is about the same as 2 on the celebrity transfer bus...and the car leaves when you are there. It's the only way to go IMHO.

We actually arranged it through the concierge on the ship....it was a late thought.

PSU,

Thank you. I have no idea why I missed that. I did email them.

Tony O,

The cost for my wife and I, 4 large suitcases and 2 carry ons, from the port to our hotel in Rome is 130 Euros. It is cash only, payable when you arrive at your destination. Figure a tip and you are looking at 150 Euros give or take.

Expensive? Probably, but they have gotten good reviews here at Cruise Critic, and I would rather spend a bit more and be sure. We are both in out late 60's with minor locomotion issues, so schlepping our luggage any distance is not something we would do if we can aviod it at all.

But since we plan on winning the final Bingo and hitting the slots for a large amount, should not be a problem :-D

Thanks again,

Sid1962

We used the services of Rome Cabs 3 times last summer on our Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection.

From the airport to our Rome hotel, from our hotel to the port, and again from the port to the airport.

Different drivers each time. They were always on time. Nice vehicles, very clean. Friendly drivers.

Can’t recommend them enough, it was well worth the money not having to worry about transportation.

:)

Folks,

Being the worry wart I am, I thought I would ask the following question.

We are on the 4/26 TA on Reflection. We made a reservation with Rome Cabs from the port to our hotel in Rome.

We clicked on the confirmation link. We have all the information and confirmation number.

Still worry. Why? I don't know how to confirm the reservation. It says once you have clicked the link you don't need to, but.......

So I am asking if anyone else has used them from the port to Rome (hotel or airport), and if you confirmed the reservation. If so, how? Did you call? I just want to feel more comfortable that my wife and I won't be left at the pier with no ride.

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

I always email everyone I am using in Europe several days prior to our home departure.

I remind them I will not have Internet access for awhile so this is a final reconfirmation and that I will see them at the prearranged day and time

Never an issue and they always respond promptly

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeCabs for the first time (Civitavecchia to FCO) based on the many positive recommendations here on CC. Very happy we did. Prompt, excellent service. Would definitely book with them should we be in Rome in the future.

Just to be on the safe side since we were travelling with them at the end of our trip, I did send them an email before we left confirming everything. They replied back promptly.

Perfect, stress-free ending to our trip.

PSU,

Thank you. I have no idea why I missed that. I did email them.

Tony O,

The cost for my wife and I, 4 large suitcases and 2 carry ons, from the port to our hotel in Rome is 130 Euros. It is cash only, payable when you arrive at your destination. Figure a tip and you are looking at 150 Euros give or take.

Expensive? Probably, but they have gotten good reviews here at Cruise Critic, and I would rather spend a bit more and be sure. We are both in out late 60's with minor locomotion issues, so schlepping our luggage any distance is not something we would do if we can aviod it at all.

But since we plan on winning the final Bingo and hitting the slots for a large amount, should not be a problem :-D

Thanks again,

Sid1962

Hmmm. I was wondering how much to tip. We'll be using RomeCabs next month to go from our hotel near the Pantheon to FCO. Fixed rate is 50 Euros. Not a lot of baggage. I was guessing 5 Euros? But, maybe 10 Euros?

Edited by Ron98GT

Do you know the cost of the trip ? As from the port of Civitavecchia to Rome is about an hour away, which could be expensive

RomeCabs has fixed rates, which you can get from their web site.

http://www.romecabs.com/transferservice/civitavecchia/

Civitavecchia to/from Rome, 130 Euro each way.

Rome to/from FCO (airport), 50 Euro each way.

Edited by Ron98GT

I know you already took your trip, but for others on their first trip using Rome Cabs - that is a really, really high tip. Of course, you may tip as you please but it's really not necessary to tip a cab driver in Italy such a large amount.

I know you already took your trip, but for others on their first trip using Rome Cabs - that is a really, really high tip. Of course, you may tip as you please but it's really not necessary to tip a cab driver in Italy such a large amount.

It is also not necessary for 2 people to be traveling with 6 pieces of luggage

It sounds like they do it up big and that accounts for the 20 e tip

8 to 10 e would have been sufficient maybe even too much

But those guys from Rome cabs are so prompt and cordial and concerned that it is easy to tip them by American standards

Hmmm. I was wondering how much to tip. We'll be using RomeCabs next month to go from our hotel near the Pantheon to FCO. Fixed rate is 50 Euros. Not a lot of baggage. I was guessing 5 Euros? But, maybe 10 Euros?

Rome cabs is very efficient. 5 is good. I need a van so it is more per head for us and I have given 8 for the hotel fco trip

I even had Rome cabs take us from our hotel in the piazza del popolo area to termini station

We needed to be there at 8 830 am which if you have ever taken the rome metro at that time you will understand how crazy it is for a family of 6 to consider doing at that time with luggage!!! Lol

The lovely female driver picked us up early handled all our luggage and then delivered us right to the train track

She walked us into the station!! Made sure we were where we should be and made sure there were not any last minute schedule changes

We paid for this luxury but trust me we were not going to get on the metro with luggage at 8 am. Sardines!!!!! Incredible packed to the gills. Scary!!

Edited by Crusin6

Also wanted to mention that their rate depends on the number of persons. We are a party of 4 and our rate from Civitavecchia to Rome is 150.00 euro.

We have used them in past and will again this June. They were excellent.

We just returned from Rome a few days ago ... this was the 4th time we used RomeCabs and the 4th time we have been more than satisfied. They are prompt & courteous, the vehicles are clean & you are able to specify what you need.

We were on a 35 day cruise that started in Bangkok, when we were about a week out from Rome I sent RomeCabs an email just to check in, and heard back promptly. No worries.

I've added some color below, just to put in my two cents worth ...

Of course, you may tip as you please but it's really not necessary to tip a cab driver in Italy such a large amount.

Tipping is personal ... for that much luggage and such good service, we would (and did!) tip 10 euros.

It is also not necessary for 2 people to be traveling with 6 pieces of luggage

You have no way of knowing what is a "necessary" amount of luggage for these 2 particular people. Mr Chew & I had four large pieces of luggage and four carry-ons of various sizes & types for our 41-day trip. Others on our cruise had more, some had less. We all had what we thought was necessary.

We just returned from Rome a few days ago ... this was the 4th time we used RomeCabs and the 4th time we have been more than satisfied. They are prompt & courteous, the vehicles are clean & you are able to specify what you need.

We were on a 35 day cruise that started in Bangkok, when we were about a week out from Rome I sent RomeCabs an email just to check in, and heard back promptly. No worries.

I've added some color below, just to put in my two cents worth ...

Of course, you may tip as you please but it's really not necessary to tip a cab driver in Italy such a large amount.

Tipping is personal ... for that much luggage and such good service, we would (and did!) tip 10 euros.

You have no way of knowing what is a "necessary" amount of luggage for these 2 particular people. Mr Chew & I had four large pieces of luggage and four carry-ons of various sizes & types for our 41-day trip. Others on our cruise had more, some had less. We all had what we thought was necessary.

No big deal. Really. But the vast majority of cruisers do not bring that much stuff.

You are certainly in the minority if you compare to other cruisers. Maybe not on your ship but certainly a minority among the cruising public.

Edited by Crusin6

This is timely information as I've just been searching various Rome cab websites getting quotes. We are on a Med cruise this coming September. Would we be booking a cab (airport/hotel, hotel/port) too early if we booked this month? Concerned about company losing the reservation if we book too early.

[quote

No big deal. Really. But the vast majority of cruisers do not bring that much stuff.

You are certainly in the minority if you compare to other cruisers. Maybe not on your ship but certainly a minority among the cruising public.

If you've taken long cruises (over 21 days), you would know that some people bring huge amounts of luggage. On shorter cruises, obviously, not as much would be needed, but based on my personal observation, the majority of cruisers do bring excess luggage ... regardless of length of cruise