Would you upgrade to Jr Suite?

I am re-shopping our cruise that we purchased for Dec. 2014 on the Liberty OTS.

We currently have reserved a promenade stateroom for our two boys and cabin 8200 Family Ocean view for my husband, myself and our three daughters.

For an additional $1260 I can upgrade to two adjoining junior suites.

The perks I know of are:

Balcony

Priority boarding

bathtub

Double cruise points

Would you recommend I upgrade? Why or why not?

If the $ 1,200 isn't an issue, one big advantage is having your sons in the cabin next door, if the balcony divider can be opened that is a plus, the easier use of the bathrooms between the seven people a plus.

Edited by Mac303

If cost is not an issue I would likely do it as it has its advantages of being next door, they may be able to open up the balcony divider, two bathrooms in case one is occupied and there is a need.

Also, if your C&A members I assume you would book each JS using his & hers to take advantage of the balcony discounts. Your post does not say if you are or if the price included that as well.

There are seven of us total so we would do three in one room and four in the other.

It is a five day cruise.

The $1200 would be a bit too much for me on a 5 day cruise. Plus, I'm not sure it will be comfortable to have two adult sized people sharing the sleeper sofa.

Connecting JS would be nice. You might also want to look at connecting JS/D1 if that is available for your sailing (save some money). 1704/1706

If you don't want to double up bigger people on the sleeper sofa you could check the inside double prices. They may not be much different than the 3rd and 4th in a JS.

Edited by marci22

That's a lot of money for 5 days, and frankly, even though so many people say, oh, two kids on a sofa bed is fine, we will not do it any more. my oldest is 16 and my younger one is almost 12. They will not share a bed, they are uncomfortable sharing a bed, and it would make for 5 awful nights for us.

Something to consider.

I don't mean to offend, but when you originally booked, money must have been an issue otherwise you would have booked connecting regular balconies. It's a personal monetary decision. We have upgraded to a JS when the price difference was only $100-150pp. For me $1260 even for two cabins is way too much for a 5 day.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am re-shopping our cruise that we purchased for Dec. 2014 on the Liberty OTS.

We currently have reserved a promenade stateroom for our two boys and cabin 8200 Family Ocean view for my husband' date=' myself and our three daughters.

For an additional $1260 I can upgrade to two adjoining junior suites.

The perks I know of are:

Balcony

Priority boarding

bathtub

Double cruise points

Would you recommend I upgrade? Why or why not?[/quote']

What Dec sailing are you talking about, might have a better change for you for less money. Just as nice.

What is the total price you have for the two Junior Suite Cabins?

Jimbo :)

Edited by Jimbo

What Dec sailing are you talking about, might have a better change for you for less money. Just as nice.

What is the total price you have for the two Junior Suite Cabins?

Jimbo :)

Jimbo I've seen your cabin recommendations and you're pretty good. You're the cabin whisperer.

Jimbo I've seen your cabin recommendations and you're pretty good. You're the cabin whisperer.

Can't help if the OP doesn't come back and say the date of the cruise.

Jimbo:)

By my math 1260/5 = 252/7 people = $36 avg per person, per day for the upgrade.

So for that you get two balconies and double points.

$36 per person, per day is actually a fairly cheap upgrade from a PR and FOV to a JS, but you're dealing with 7 people so even though the average is low, the overall nut is kind of steep for the 5 days.

Let me put it this way.....your kids aren't likely to care at all. So what's the balcony and points worth to you?