90 day dining/entertainment booking window announced - looks like it applies to all

JasonV1

Just saw this on the NCL twitter feed:

Just in: Guests can now reserve specialty dining 90 days prior to sailing! RT if you're excited! pic.twitter.com/KFLbI9LOqH

I checked their press release page, nothing there yet. Per the post below this includes entertainment as well.

No details unfortunately.

I just logged into my 8/2/2014 reservation and it is letting my book anything I want (dining, entertainment) now, so I guess it applies to all bookings. Just a heads up if you are the careful planning type and have a cruise coming up this summer. I realize that booking in advance kind of goes against the Freestyle concept, but lets face it some times are harder to get than others, particularly if you are booking dining around shows.

Edited by JasonV1

From Facebook:

Have you heard? Guests can now reserve specialty dining 90 days prior to sailing! Additionally, Guests vacationing with us on Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway can book our spectacular entertainment options 90 days before embarkation! Like if you're excited for your next cruise!

Booked all our stuff tonight.

The one that really mattered was the Illusionarium, as that is free with the UDP the first night only.

I feel bad for those that don't know about this change, as they haven't sent an email about it yet and not everyone reads CC or NCL Facebook/Twitter. A lot of prime dining times will be gone if people wait until the old start times to book.

I have a feeling being in a Suite for the first time is going to be the best decision I ever made.

There is no way I am going to know what and when I want to schedule 90 days out!

I do know I want the 20% discount for Illusinarium the first night but am unwilling to pay ahead of time. Unless I decide to drink all my OBC...

The concierge will be seeing a lot of me!

It was half-working a two weeks or so back. You could see listings in your cruise plan, but when you click on Book, you get the 404 page.

I am on July 6th Epic sailing out of Barcelona, and about a week ago was able to book Blue Man Group without a problem.

Illusionarium is free the first night only per the FAQ http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Every other night is 20% off.

I have a feeling being in a Suite for the first time is going to be the best decision I ever made.

There is no way I am going to know what and when I want to schedule 90 days out!

I do know I want the 20% discount for Illusinarium the first night but am unwilling to pay ahead of time. Unless I decide to drink all my OBC...

The concierge will be seeing a lot of me!

Thank you SOOO much OP! I was busy at work all day and did not go on cruisecritic the many times I usually do. I am in bed on my smartphone and just saw this thread. I downloaded the NCL app and made all my ressies for our August 10 trip including Cirque free the first night since the 6 of us have the UDP.

I wanted 8ish for all my dinners but the 2 nights I booked LeBistro I could only get 6:30 pm which I really don't want. We are staying in the Haven and hope when we arrive on board and taken to Haven restaurant the concierge can change the two LeBistro times. Or, would anyone know can I contact the pre concierge and ask them to try to move it now?

Thanks again all so much!

I figured those of us sailing this summer probably needed to jump on this quick given the UDP sale earlier this year, as dining reservations may be harder to come by (than normal).

Thank you SOOO much OP! I was busy at work all day and did not go on cruisecritic the many times I usually do. I am in bed on my smartphone and just saw this thread. I downloaded the NCL app and made all my ressies for our August 10 trip including Cirque free the first night since the 6 of us have the UDP.

I wanted 8ish for all my dinners but the 2 nights I booked LeBistro I could only get 6:30 pm which I really don't want. We are staying in the Haven and hope when we arrive on board and taken to Haven restaurant the concierge can change the two LeBistro times. Or, would anyone know can I contact the pre concierge and ask them to try to move it now?

Wow, this was just announced earlier in the day and by the time you booked already only 6:30 was available! Yikes. Perhaps they hold back some times for booking on board??

This will be our first time on NCL and liked that 'freestyle' I've been reading about here and was thinking we would book a specialty restaurant when we wanted, when we felt like it, within reason of course.

Now reading that only 6:30 is available 3 months before sailing, and on other threads the MDR can have long waits with slow service due to capacity vs. staffing levels, etc. I realize this was about a cruise in August. Here's hoping it will be quieter is September though I expect them to always sail close to capacity. Oh well, might just have to kill a little more time over a beverage

Edited by AweighToSea

Only a small percentage of the times have been released ahead of time.

NCL still has not sent me an email, I am a

Haven guest in 53 days.

The only way I would know about this would be to go to" My NCL" or to pattention to the almost omniscient Sea Shark!

I tired to call the pre concierge about something els- what a joke, longer hold time than the Regular NCL number. Never did get through.

I am making my ressies on board.

Those with the UDP were quaranteed a spot if the booked on board 24 hours in advance.

• 2 years later...

Just booked my shows and restaurants exactly on the 90 day mark the options are open. I first looked at someone's review of the Breakaway that just returned from Bermuda last week and they posted the day and night activities so that gave me a better idea of which nights I wanted to book the shows and dinner times.