Caribbean Princess still in dock

afd524

Thats was a reoccuring issue for quite some time wasn't it?

Yes, I believe it was a problem for a few CB cruises at that time. Our top speed was 19 knots for that cruise.

Edited by fathercop

Did the audio get a little creepy there for a few minutes, or was that just me? :confused:

ROFLOL - I thought the same thing, too. I couldn't really make out what he was saying. It did sound creepy!:D

ROFLOL - I thought the same thing, too. I couldn't really make out what he was saying. It did sound creepy!:D

Ok good - glad I'm not the only one! Sounded like the guy on the radio was missing his wife a little too much, if you know what I mean :eek:

CB cancelled several weeks worth of sailings in 2012 including mine and my parents who were the week before me. My parents are currently on the CB to give her a second chance- this delayed departure was a little unsettling! Happy to hear they are finally underway, I was afraid to wake up to bad news. Bon voyage!

I don't recall which year it was that we did the 9 day out of NY, but we had engine problems on the CB and spent over 13 hours in San Juan. Every thing worked out well and we simply knew that these things happened. It was great cruise nonetheless.

We cruised on the CB in July 2008 out of Red Hook during which she experienced propulsion problems. She has experienced intermittent issues of one kind or another ever since which is why we won't tempt fate by cruising on this ship.

Lew

CB cancelled several weeks worth of sailings in 2012 including mine and my parents who were the week before me. My parents are currently on the CB to give her a second chance- this delayed departure was a little unsettling! Happy to hear they are finally underway, I was afraid to wake up to bad news. Bon voyage!

What timing. :(

Everything is going great on the cruise today. Captain says we will make port in Grand Turk right on time tomorrow even though we left 8 hours late! :eek:

We are moving very fast this morning. Sailing is very smooth and weather is great. It's almost time to get my fish and chips at the pub lunch. :D

Larry

Thats was a reoccuring issue for quite some time wasn't it?

Yes! In April 2 years ago CB blew its engine and the cruise the week before ours never left port from SJ The passengers were allowed to stay on board for the week. We kept calling Princess throughout the week and we told that we would sail as planned. I actually found out on CC 2 days before our cruise was scheduled that it had been canceled. Princess was still insisting that we would sail. We quickly put a hold on a X so when we were notified by Princess the day before our cruise that it was canceled we were able to "jump ship". We did get a full refund from Princess 90 days later. We were lucky that we were able to anti-up for the X ship but lots of other folks were not so lucky. Many head down to SJ days in advance. Some actually reported on CC that they didn't know anything until they arrived to a note on the door at the port!

As luck would have it, we are scheduled to sail on CB in 2 weeks.:eek:

We did the exact same thing and jumped ship to carnival! Thank god for cruise critic.

Yes! In April 2 years ago CB blew its engine and the cruise the week before ours never left port from SJ The passengers were allowed to stay on board for the week. We kept calling Princess throughout the week and we told that we would sail as planned. I actually found out on CC 2 days before our cruise was scheduled that it had been canceled. Princess was still insisting that we would sail. We quickly put a hold on a X so when we were notified by Princess the day before our cruise that it was canceled we were able to "jump ship". We did get a full refund from Princess 90 days later. We were lucky that we were able to anti-up for the X ship but lots of other folks were not so lucky. Many head down to SJ days in advance. Some actually reported on CC that they didn't know anything until they arrived to a note on the door at the port!

As luck would have it, we are scheduled to sail on CB in 2 weeks.:eek:

And, what happens if the refund is in US, not canadian?

Refunds are made back to the original form of payment -- however you paid it originally is how you get it back, same method, same amount. The exception would be if the credit card you used to pay is no longer valid, in which case you'd get a check for that amount.

I was thinking the same thing. They didn't call any code with it. We came in about 1:00am. An announcement was made last night that they were going to come in and have some maintenance work done. They said this morning that they were filling up with fuel and that no one was allowed on the Promenaude and not to smoke (makes sense).

We had the opposite on disembarkment. We went to breakfast at 7 and tried to get off at 8am. I never had a problem before on any ship regardless of the line for walk off. This one made us wait 20 minutes past our designated time. For walk off? Seriously? Other ships (princess and other cruiselines) want the walk offs to go and don't hold them back standing around waiting. You were blessed. I (and our friends) found them to be ridiculously disorganized.

I don't think it's that unusual. We've been held up for walk-off quite a few times. Once it was the fuel thing mentioned above, another time immigration's computer system was down, other times, no excuse given. It happens.

I don't think it's that unusual. We've been held up for walk-off quite a few times. Once it was the fuel thing mentioned above, another time immigration's computer system was down, other times, no excuse given. It happens.

Delays have happened - not questioning that. But they let people who didn't have luggage (or just carryons) with them off the ship. Also ship performers. All the while having the walkoffs with their luggage standing around in the lobby next to the gangway. In my 26 years of cruising it was a first.

But yes, we've been delayed for other reasons but so was everyone else in that case.

This is the first opportunity I have had to post since our departure. We made Grand Turk on time and I am currently sitting in a bar in San Juan enjoying a local brew.

The cruise so far has been great. Everyone in the ship seems to be in great spirits and very little moaning if any .

The crew has been great and the ship is in excellent condition. The only negative is that it is Tuesday and we will be kicked off in a few days.

I ended up booking 2 more cruises on this trip so I need to update my sig with the new cruises and the asterisk for this one :) ImageUploadedByForums1401831806.754168.jpg.e8519b0d3839f7db7c2c44a520614e98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1401831830.632079.jpg.5dac5686a07539c77fc3d363f5eb4014.jpg

Edited by ltcal94

This is the first opportunity I have had to post since our departure. We made Grand Turk on time and I am currently sitting in a bar in San Juan enjoying a local brew.

The cruise so far has been great. Everyone in the ship seems to be in great spirits and very little moaning if any .

The crew has been great and the ship is in excellent condition. The only negative is that it is Tuesday and we will be kicked off in a few days.

I ended up booking 2 more cruises on this trip so I need to update my sig with the new cruises and the asterisk for this one :) [ATTACH]315061[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Don't look towards the end......enjoy the moment!

Thanks for the positive comments on the ship and the crew. On there in just a bit (18 days!) and some of the posts had me worried.

Now go dance, drink and be merry!!