Can the new 123 be booked on board?

cruisestitch

I'm confused about this new offer -- it says that it has "reduced deposits". The on-board booking already had reduced deposit -- it isn't reduced even further, is it?

Celebrity likes to keep us confused! :D The current 123go! offer (6/2-7/31) is totally separate from the onboard 123go! offer.

Two totally different programs, yet they have the same name. No wonder you are confused. This too shall pass.....:eek:

Yes the normal on-board deposit is $100 pp. The 123 says "reduced deposits". Does it mean that the deposit would be less than $100 pp?

No, I think I read somewhere that it's 50% deposits with 123...the one not booked onboard ;)

OK, I'm getting a headache now.

Two programs with the same name.

I could wait until I'm on board next month to book two upcoming cruises. One is Europe, one is Caribbean. Standard verandah cabins, not suites.

If I wait until I'm on board, I only put down $100 pp, yes? If I book now, it would be $225 pp?

What other differences would there be between the two programs (book now, or book on board)

OK, I'm getting a headache now.

Two programs with the same name.

I could wait until I'm on board next month to book two upcoming cruises. One is Europe, one is Caribbean. Standard verandah cabins, not suites.

If I wait until I'm on board, I only put down $100 pp, yes? If I book now, it would be $225 pp?

What other differences would there be between the two programs (book now, or book on board)

I think you're right on the deposit. If you book onboard you should get the normal OBC too. I booked onboard and added 123 (The new one) today and have all three options for Europe

123go! – Current Offer – June 2 – July 31, 2014

1- Free Classic Beverage Package or 2- Free Gratuities or 3- Onboard Credit up to $300

• For 3 night or longer cruises departing between October, 2014 and April, 2016

• CC members earn 25 bonus Club points when booking nine months or more in advance of sail date – CC members in suites earn 50 bonus Club points when booking nine months or more in advance

• CC members also eligible for a 50% reduced deposit

• Excludes Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific and (SA Infinity cruises departing 12/4/14-3/15/15)

• Requires Oceanview or higher stateroom at non-discounted, standard fare

• Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, or price program

• New individual bookings and non-contracted group bookings which must be deposited during the Offer period

• First two guest on qualifying booking choose any two options for European sailings and one option for all other sailings and must select the same options

• Triple and higher occupancy guests each receive one 38 minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit one offer per stateroom.

• Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers

-------------------------------

123go! – On Board Offer (Cruise NOW offer-specific ship and saildate)

1- Free Classic Beverage Package or 2- Free Gratuities or 3- Onboard Credit up to $300

*PLUS*

Receive up to $500 Onboard Credit depending on cabin and length of sailing

(*includes Inside cabin-this portion only)

• Cruise must be booked on or after March 1, 2014 while you are currently onboard a Celebrity, Royal Caribbean or Azamara Club Cruise and must be a 3-night or longer cruise.

• Excludes Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific cruises

• Offer requires Oceanview or higher stateroom* at non-discounted, standard fare

• Offer is only combinable with a Cruise Now reservation that is booked while onboard and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, or price program

• New individual bookings and non-contracted group bookings which must be deposited at time of booking

• First two guests on a qualifying booking may choose one of these options for all sailings – excluding Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises

• $100 pp deposit required at time of booking. Additional deposit required for suite bookings

• Group bookings that are named prior to the Offer period cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this offer

• Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers

• Flexible – Change your reservation to suit your needs

• Cruise Now program excludes certain promotions and discounted rates, including Exciting Deals, net rates, gross rates, cruise certificates, Interline, travel agent, and employee rates.

Not sure if this helps but I picked out the most appropriate bullet points in the fine print. ;)

Op, I think you are correct. The deposit should be lower per the on board booking. You will also get ab obc for booking on board, if you do 123 you get crise points.

Terms are different, on board booking allows changes and your prcs transfer with the change.

Personally, I would do 123 for Europe to get to pick two Percs abd get points.

The Caribbean could go either way.

I whether the onboard bookings include the 25 cc points also. Heading on eclipse on July 5th and thinking if booking our next cruise whilst onboard.

Onboard booking promo does not include the CC bonus points. (At least not in the US)

Sorry I haven't been back to thank your for the summaries. I really did get a headache from thinking about this and of course, there's yet another "new" booking program -- the "pilot" program that was reported here a few days ago, the one with the non-refundable deposits.

Calgon, take me away…...

And to think I asked a newbie cruiser who sails on the Millennium this Fri. to try to book a Europe cruise for our friend who is his Sis-I-L and her sis while he's aboard!

I linked him the onboard booking flier, but then, with the NEW 1-2-3, linked that as well. So who knows what options will be available or allowed when he visits the Future Cruise Sales Consultant!

BTW we booked the cruise mentioned above while aboard our last cruise at $200 less per person than the newly revised pricing!

Sorry I haven't been back to thank your for the summaries. I really did get a headache from thinking about this and of course, there's yet another "new" booking program -- the "pilot" program that was reported here a few days ago, the one with the non-refundable deposits.

Calgon, take me away…...

I booked my 2015 cruise on board the Silhouette on May 19 and the perks changed! My deposit for Aqua was $350 and non refundable, you may transfer the deposit before final payment but you can't get it back. You receive your booking OBC perk for your future cruise to use on your current cruise and if any OBC is left over it is refundable to your credit card ( I will let you know if this happens). The new rules for the perks took effect a few days before we boarded, I was really surprised nobody on CC blogged about the changes. Before you all book on board please be aware of these changes. Thought it was important to share this information. You will still get to pick one of the 123 perks for your future cruise.

I booked my 2015 cruise on board the Silhouette on May 19 and the perks changed! My deposit for Aqua was $350 and non refundable, you may transfer the deposit before final payment but you can't get it back. You receive your booking OBC perk for your future cruise to use on your current cruise and if any OBC is left over it is refundable to your credit card ( I will let you know if this happens). The new rules for the perks took effect a few days before we boarded, I was really surprised nobody on CC blogged about the changes. Before you all book on board please be aware of these changes. Thought it was important to share this information. You will still get to pick one of the 123 perks for your future cruise.

My unused OBC from my booking on board perk was credited to my credit card so it is truly is refundable :)

Onboard booking promo does not include the CC bonus points. (At least not in the US)

That sucks. I don't get why book on board then and waste valuable holiday time when you get more or less the same offer as landside.

25 points would be worth a lot more in monetary value than a few hundred dollar. Would require a 13 night cruise in an inside cabin to get those points. We're 20 points off select after our upcoming cruise.

Will see what offer is like when onboard in 4 weeks time and advise when back as have the luxury of time to purchase when back if onboard deal does not include the points.

Although I could have sworn I read somewhere its a CC perks and may not be tethered to a specific offer. Think I read that as long as your cruise was 9 months away then you qualified

Edited by maximusas

I am wanting to book the Far East for January 2015, do you think the 123 go will still be available when we go on the reflection on June 23rd this year?? Not sure whether to book it before we go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here you go -- it's a long thread -- a bit complicated to follow -- the pilot program was being tried on two ships

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2046629&highlight=pilot+program

When we booked on board and I questioned the non-refundable deposit I was told that it was part the new on board booking promotion. I was not told it was only a Pilot for the Silhouette & Constellation ships. Thought it was fleet wide and I didn't have any options. Did not learn it was a Pilot program until I read it on CC when I returned from my cruise. Personally I don't like the program, it would have made more sense to inform me at the time of booking our ship was being used as the guinea pigs for this Pilot.

Is this a restriction on the current bonus?

I am fairly certain that the previous one also applied to on board bookings. I guess I will not know with 100% certainty until I get mine for booking an Aqua Class January 2014 for a January 2015 cruise.

Hi Everyone,

I asked about the Bonus points yesterday, and was advised that it does not apply to bookings made onboard, nor can be added to bookings made onboard. Hope this helps !