BOGOHO ???? Really ????

When the BOFOHO ends in July and if the prices fall 25% there will be a lot of very upset people. The pricing presentation is a little confusing but I'm used to it.

If the price of our overall booking drops, I'll simply call the TA and have it lowered again.

If the price of our overall booking drops, I'll simply call the TA and have it lowered again.

but ..............the fine print says the offer will be removed from the booking if the guest applies a fare change.

I have cruised a few times and on 5 Freedom trips the price for an E-1/E-2 balcony never exceeded $1,100 per person ever! So when I checked for next year it was $1,200 I thought it was high but they still had to do the BOBOHO calculations. It took me two days and a phone call to figure out that the price shown was already the discount price. That's $1,450 a person. We paid $849 per person for the identical cabin on 11 and 18 May.

but ..............the fine print says the offer will be removed from the booking if the guest applies a fare change.

I don't understand why that is significant to you, I had discounts on our original fare that were removed in favor of this one, why would this one not be removed if we changed to something better? Wouldn't that kind of be the point?

once you book it the invoice will show you the detail, mine was something like 1st person

2000 second 1000 discount , saving 1000, then we got diamond discount on top of the bogoho. I thought prices were great booked two GS and a JS aft

I have cruised a few times and on 5 Freedom trips the price for an E-1/E-2 balcony never exceeded $1,100 per person ever! So when I checked for next year it was $1,200 I thought it was high but they still had to do the BOBOHO calculations. It took me two days and a phone call to figure out that the price shown was already the discount price. That's $1,450 a person. We paid $849 per person for the identical cabin on 11 and 18 May.

Possibly because Freedom will be coming out of a two week dry dock where she won't be generating any revenue, but chewing up a ton of costs, coupled with pent up demand because she's out of commission for those two weeks.

I don't see the confusion but maybe that's just me. On another note, I thought the sale was over May 31st. Did they announce an extension?

yes in on the rccl home page its extended until 7/15, I wish they would add 2014 cruises

Its not deceptive or unique. They always show prices with the discounts baked in. For instance:

If there is a military rate and the regular rate is $1000 pp and the discount for military is $100 pp the price will show $900. It won't show $1000 and then add a $100 discount at the very end. Same thing here. It is showing the price per person including all discounts.

It was confusing at first, but then it made sense. Why would they put the per person price up front without the 50% taken off?

I can say I have watched a specific cruise for 2015 for the past few months since they released the itinerary. The price was around $1800 a person before the BOGOHO sale. With the BOGOHO sale, it went to roughly $1349 per person (or 1800 + 900 = 2700) which was a savings of $900 of the prices for 2 months before the sale. I'll take that any day! If for some reason, the prices go below that sale, I can get the price drop before final payment. Although looking at the prices for 2014 for the sailing, they only went up. I'm very happy at the time being.

Confusing, yes, deceptive, not in my opinion, but then I am spending hours pouring over the sites looking at prices. I see the price and understand where to click on the summary of charges to see what discounts have been applied, like the balcony C&A loyalty discount.

It is a bit like many people call something they don't like the price of a "Rip Off". Sometimes the language can be a bit stronger than maybe it should. However if the person feels deceived, well fair enough, ask if others feel that way.

There are a lot of comments saying similar on other threads, and it wouldn't hurt RCI to have a look at whether the confusion does make people feel deceived. The bad will that many people are feeling may be worth noting. Whether it is intentional or not, many people have felt like they are being deceived, and I can't say I have ever seen that disclaimer when I have been looking on the Aussie website.

The offer has only been extended until end of June for us in Aus.

Deceptive just means misleading. I think it is misleading to people who are looking the first time through, because they think that they will get 50% off the price shown, for the second person.

They could show the 'real' first person price up front and show the same breakdown later. Why don't they do it that way?

Edited by marci22

Deceptive just means misleading. I think it is misleading to people who are looking the first time through, because they think that they will get 50% off the price shown, for the second person.

They could show the 'real' first person price up front and show the same breakdown later. Why don't they do it that way?

I'm guessing that showing the higher price up front would make the prices look high compared to other cruise lines. Not everyone using Royal's website would know there's a sale going on, so they might just click away after seeing a higher price on the first page.

What they're doing is showing a price tag along with an offer saying 50% off. Naturally someone who sees it for the 1st time thinks it's the price tag, less 50%, however upon checkout the cashier says it's already factored in the 50% discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many other websites also show pricing for cruises on RCI and get their info from the prices on Royals site. If they showed the higher price Royal would look way over priced.

Kind of a no win situation. Never going to make everyone happy.

What they're doing is showing a price tag along with an offer saying 50% off. Naturally someone who sees it for the 1st time thinks it's the price tag, less 50%, however upon checkout the cashier says it's already factored in the 50% discount.

Yes. They want to use bogoho banner ads and they also want to show the reduced price up front. That combination makes it misleading.

If they are so concerned about showing the lower price up front, then lose the bogoho graphics. Just show the price.

I can see there is alot of RUDE people here...........................:rolleyes: lol Actually it is a legitimate question................. :p

As much as I hate the Canadiens....

I have to agree with you. There is a lot of negativity and nastiness on this board. People ask simple questions and often are immediately branded as feeling, "entitled" or are made to feel dumb for asking in the first place. I've been on several Royal Caribbean cruises and have never encountered rude or stuck up people, but it seems as though this forum attracts those who think that they are, "better than." I'm not saying all, but a good amount.

Got to really watch these promotions! One deal we had with Celebrity looked really good with their 20% off promotion. We used an existing booking, that had prepaid gratuities and $300 obc. Not only did the price go up, we lost the gratuities and OBC.

All RCI would have to do is add a note to the average price saying: price per person after the discount is applied. This should make everybody happy.

Which they have done, per the screen shot posted earlier in this thread but who knows if that statement has been there since the promotion started? And it is in relatively small print.