Freedom D1 to JS...worth $370?

I'm currently in 1618 and there are two hump JS available on both sides of the ship. There's 2 of us traveling. Is an upgrade to one of the JS worth $370 and if so, which side of the ship is better? We're doing the Western Caribbean.

Thanks!

I am still kicking myself for not doing this on our FOS cruise in December when it popped up. The double points would have been nice! Although I don't know if a JS would have been the best way to introduce my husband to cruising as he would never want to sail in anything less :)

We did it for half that much this year and it was definitely worth it to us. If I was just paying for one cabin, I would probably consider it. Not looking forward to going back to the tiny showers on my next cruise.

The last 2 years we had a JS on deck 9 hump, one port (western carib), one starboard (eastern carib). Wish I had done starboard for western and port for eastern but I guess you just never know.

I'm currently in 1618 and there are two hump JS available on both sides of the ship. There's 2 of us traveling. Is an upgrade to one of the JS worth $370 and if so, which side of the ship is better? We're doing the Western Caribbean.

Thanks!

If that is a total for the stateroom IMO it is worth it and I would do it.

As far as ship side, at Jamaica the ship docks head or aft in with either side perpendicular to the island and Grand Cayman is a tender port, with the ship usually facing head in. So there is no advantage to either side with those ports of call.

Labadee and Cozumel are the only two where one side or the other will face the island and in our experience, Labadee has been starboard side to the island. Cozumel is at about a 45 degree angle to the island and they can dock either head in or aft in. We've docked both ways, so that can be 50/50.

Thanks!

I'm trying to upgrade to a JS on the Freedom but I have 4 people and when I put in for 4 people it says nothing's available but for 2 people a few come up. So damn frustrating! :mad:

I'm trying to upgrade to a JS on the Freedom but I have 4 people and when I put in for 4 people it says nothing's available but for 2 people a few come up. So damn frustrating! :mad:

Not all the JS can hold 4 people. Those seem to go first. Check the deck plan and you will see that the ones that are showing as available can only hold 2.

Unfortunately that is not uncommon as not all JS's are configured for more than two people.

I am still kicking myself for not doing this on our FOS cruise in December when it popped up. The double points would have been nice! Although I don't know if a JS would have been the best way to introduce my husband to cruising as he would never want to sail in anything less :)

Jen you must have been on the December 1 sailing. We decided to take the upgrade for about $250 total and I was glad we did. The double points, walk in closet, and the extra room were well worth it.

Thanks!

Unless you were already financially pressed by your original cruisefare, YES YES YES.

:)

Unlike SECDawg, I prefer port. Don't ask me why. I just do. (Maybe because I'm ACCDawg. ;) )

:)

Thanks!

depends on what $370 is worth to you. No one here can tell you that. You've been on multiple cruises. You should know. You know better than the forum