"A token of appreciation for sailing with us..."

woldridge

Got an e-mail today from Celebrity that says in part:

It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Equinox on your Asia cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

Hum...I am sailing to Asia in the spring on 2015 on the Century

The e-mail goes on to offer OBC for a new booking.

Feeling special and valued this morning.:D

It's so nice to be appreciated:

Solstice: in the Caribbean???

Dear Gerald,

It was a pleasure to welcome you on board Celebrity Solstice® on your Caribbean cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

To thank you for sailing with us, we're pleased to offer you an onboard credit to use on your next cruise with Celebrity of:

• $50 per cabin — Ocean View*

• $100 per cabin — Veranda*

• $150 per cabin — Concierge Class, AquaClass*

• $200 per cabin — Suites*

Simply book by 08/15/2014 to take advantage of this offer.

We also received the email, beginning with:

"It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Silhouette® on your Caribbean cruise." (this was our last cruise in March).

Very nice touch. And the offer of OBC for our next booking was unexpected and appreciated. :)

I got two. I agree that this is a nice touch but somehow it loses its luster when the itinerary is wrong or it's a cruise so long ago that you have forgotten you were even on it! My first one was for Equinox TA. That was in 2011. I was invited to join Captains Club. Celebrity I was one of the Founder members who paid $35 to join Captains Club back in the Stone Age.

Cruisenut, you didn't see me on the Solstice in the Caribbean? Oh, maybe that's because it was the Solstice from Hawaii. Why can't they get it right or are they vying for "Stupidest Marketing Award of the Century"? Really, it leaves you wondering about their competence in other areas.

I got two. I agree that this is a nice touch but somehow it loses its luster when the itinerary is wrong or it's a cruise so long ago that you have forgotten you were even on it! My first one was for Equinox TA. That was in 2011. I was invited to join Captains Club. Celebrity I was one of the Founder members who paid $35 to join Captains Club back in the Stone Age.

Cruisenut, you didn't see me on the Solstice in the Caribbean? Oh, maybe that's because it was the Solstice from Hawaii. Why can't they get it right or are they vying for "Stupidest Marketing Award of the Century"? Really, it leaves you wondering about their competence in other areas.

X is not the only company guilty of mess ups. Two days ago I got an email from British Airways apologizing for sending out a previous email to persons they didn't apply to (I was one). This morning it was AMEX sending an email to me with another person's name and certain personal info in it. I find that one particularly disturbing... :eek:

We also received the email, beginning with:

"It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Silhouette® on your Caribbean cruise." (this was our last cruise in March).

Very nice touch. And the offer of OBC for our next booking was unexpected and appreciated. :)

Mine said the Caribbean and we went to Bermuda. No big deal.. I don't suppose its good on existing bookings?

I agree that this is a nice touch but somehow it loses its luster when the itinerary is wrong or it's a cruise so long ago that you have forgotten you were even on it!

Really, it leaves you wondering about their competence in other areas.

At least they know how to do lamb chops and martinis :D ;)

I personally thought it was a nice touch. They probably just messed up with how the filtering was on the emails that went out. I think they should get credit for trying to give us some kind of deal. I think I'm going to take advantage of it.

I personally thought it was a nice touch. They probably just messed up with how the filtering was on the emails that went out. I think they should get credit for trying to give us some kind of deal. I think I'm going to take advantage of it.

The OBC is nice, but the reason for it lacks sincerity when I have never been on an Asia cruise on the Equinox. I do have a cruise booked for next year to Asia on the Century, but I doubt that is what triggered the e-mail.

I did do a Caribbean cruise on the Equinox in March, maybe that is what they are referring to???

Barb

Mine said to Australia/New Zealand--I wish! We just returned from Alaska.

However, it asked me to join Captain's Club--I already had??? I'm just a preview status, and I haven't receive my points yet, but it's only been a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mine said the Caribbean and we went to Bermuda. No big deal.. I don't suppose its good on existing bookings?

Mine just mentioned the ship and not the itinerary.

Booked next cruise on-board - amount of OBC is the same but without upgrade.

could it be applied for existing booking without changing the price of the cruise?

The offer is limited to new bookings only. Therefore, you would need to create anew booking to get it. Prices and perks will be based on the price and offers of the new booking.

Got an e-mail today from Celebrity that says in part:

It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Equinox on your Asia cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

Hum...I am sailing to Asia in the spring on 2015 on the Century

The e-mail goes on to offer OBC for a new booking.

Feeling special and valued this morning.:D

Hey Barb, I haven't felt special and valued yet, but I guess the day is young. I don't always get the e-mails from Celebrity (which makes me feel REALLY special and valued) but that's another story.

They are such stumblebums in marketing and IT at Celebrity it just kind of takes your breath away. How they can consistently screw up and not be mortally embarrassed by it is beyond me. And it's so much more work to do something the wrong way and then have to try to scramble to fix it.

Oh well, at least the cruises are great.

Linda

The offer is limited to new bookings only. Therefore, you would need to create anew booking to get it. Prices and perks will be based on the price and offers of the new booking.

Gotcha, Thanks. Were on the 14 day Canada cruise in Sept and it has gone up about 700.00 pp since we booked it so I think Ill leave things alone!!

Got the email today and called to apply it to a November 2014 cruise. They told me that it applied to new bookings only and I would have to cancel and rebook my AQ cabin at the new higher price and it would cost me $1000.OO to get the 150.00 OBC. Such a deal! You can guess what X can do with their appreciation credit.

X is not the only company guilty of mess ups. Two days ago I got an email from British Airways apologizing for sending out a previous email to persons they didn't apply to (I was one). This morning it was AMEX sending an email to me with another person's name and certain personal info in it. I find that one particularly disturbing... :eek:

Yep, I got that one too from BA and also the first one. Are we on the "show 'em how we can mess up list?":D

If you want to send me an enticement to book another cruise, then merely call it so and send me a special offer. But don't send me "a token of your appreciation" after having returned from a cruise (my e-mail referred to the correct one) and then tell me it's for "new bookings only" in the fine print.

Such a token, to someone with future cruises already booked, comes across as disingenuous and insincere. :rolleyes: